Page 51 of 84 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

Can someone tell me if 10r4 is the latest & greatest?
    Thanks.

Yes it is...
    ScanMan --> Just another Tivo hacker...
    Killhdinitrd SA S2 Monte S2 Unscramble Upgrade Tivo Software

Today is my lazy day and instead of reading back through ? pages, maybe I can get an answer here. I think I know the answer but would like confirmation.

Tytool doesn't retain the fill audio ac3 holes and you have to set every time you open it. I forget sometimes and end up with quite a few extracted files that did have that setting checked.

At what point in the extraction, make key files, edit key files, and muxing does Tytool use this feature? I think it's during the muxing process.

Most of the files don't have problems, but once in awhile one will.

I'm testing to see if this setting will fix the missing audio syc word error in Videoredo Plus.
    Last edited by Jetstream; 09-23-2006 at 03:52 PM.
    (1) HR10-250 Fully Hacked, 6.3a-01-2-357
    (1) HR20 Given to Daughter and Grandkids because, as DTV puts it, " It's better than the HR10-250" Yeah right!

Hendersonville, TN (just outside of Nashville)
    I made my first DVD last night and got about 1/8 the original volume.
    I think I did it right based on weetheet instructions.

http://www.weethet.nl/english/tivo_extract_videos.php

This was an SD Ddirectivo recording.

Anyone else have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by rbreding View Post
    I am going to suggest that you use MFS_FTP and extract the tmf. Then use winrar to extract out the parts that you need.
    Thanks very much for that advice. This is what I wound up doing, and after a certain amount of pain and agony (audio was mysteriously missing from one segment, I eventually extracted it manually with a digitizer, reencoded that snippet to AC3, muxed it in with the segment video via Womble, and re-jammed it in with the rest of the edited video), I'm finally done. Really appreciate all the help here.

10r4 for some reason will not write to any drive but the C drive for me. I have the output directory set to my E drive and I also have it set in local dir to E as well. I have to use 9r18 to extract to my E drive.
    SD-DVR40/160GB/4.0.1b/superpatch/usb2/tytool/ms_ftp/tivowebplus
    HR10-250 (stock) as of 12-9-05
    HR10-250/superpatch/usb2/tserver/tivoweb
    DirecTivo R10 (stock)
    "Test drive"60GB/6.2/superpatch/usb2/tytool/hmo/extracted scrambled shows with kernel & tools found here.

94Supra formerly TT now one T

Quote Originally Posted by 94SupraTT View Post
    10r4 for some reason will not write to any drive but the C drive for me. I have the output directory set to my E drive and I also have it set in local dir to E as well. I have to use 9r18 to extract to my E drive.
    10r4 writes to my E and F drives just fine...
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

I am sure some people, like myself, have struggled to take HD .ty files from the 10-250 and burn them to non-HD DVD's. Having read many posts on this forum and others, I came to the conclusion that I was not alone. Here is what I have found to be the easiest method. This doesn't include only free programs, since I have found that Nero worked the best for me.

1. Extract file using Tytools to .ty format (you can probably multiplex straight to mpg format here, but I have been extracting as .ty for the most flexibility)

2. Multiplex to .mpg format (DO NOT USE NEW FORMAT, NERO CHOKES ON IT AND WILL NOT FINISH THE TRANSCODING).

3. Use Nero's nerovision to create a DVD. Once you are in Nerovision, choose add video, and add one or more .mpg files (each one will create a menu item on the DVD's menu). You can generally get two one hour HD programs on a single layer DVD and four one hour programs on a dual layer dvd.

Nerovision will automatically shrink/compress your .mpg files to the disk size that you choose, avoiding the need to use DVD shrink, Nero recode or other shrinking programs. (Note, I have seen some occaission, when using nerovision with 18+ gig HD extractions, that it winds up a few hundred megs over the file size that will fit on a DVD9 disc, and I then had to run it through DVD shrink to get it to the proper size.

During this process, Nero will transcode the video from the HD resolution to a 720x480 anamorphic image.

I choose to have it create an image, rather than burn right to disc, so that if I had a bad burn, I can reburn the image, and not have to start from scratch and have nero start the transcoding all over.

4. Use Nero to burn the image to the DVD.

Hope that helps some other's that have struggled to get HD content transferred to a DVD.

5) Don't let your Tivo upgrade to 6.3

How long does the re-encoding take with Nero? I've had Nero for years always upgrading when available. But I haven't tried using for re-encoding. I'm thinking since it's a bundled product with a zillion features they probably don't put the best of everything in it. I'm talking about encoders.

I went through the same process and found that HDTV2DVD is mighty quick when compared with others. You didn't mention adding chapters or editing out comercials.

My biggest priority is retaining as much HD quality as possible. I am considering getting an HD recorder for the PC and either a Blue Ray or HD player. Then this whole compression thing will be moot. I absolutely hate the thought of removing any information whether video or audio.

I'm also in the process of following Cheer's suggestion of DGindex/AVIsynth/hcenc.
    (1) HR20 Given to Daughter and Grandkids because, as DTV puts it, " It's better than the HR10-250" Yeah right!

Cheezmo, elaborate.

Yet another HD - > dvd guide.

There is already one and it is listed pretty close to the top.

Jetstream, go read the 6.3 update thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    How long does the re-encoding take with Nero? I've had Nero for years always upgrading when available. But I haven't tried using for re-encoding. I'm thinking since it's a bundled product with a zillion features they probably don't put the best of everything in it. I'm talking about encoders.
    I have an AMD X2 4800 with 2 gig of ram, and about a 10% overclock. I point this out, because there is a significant difference between my current machine and the Athalon 64 I used to have.

Today I took 4 1 hour HD shows that were around 6 gig a piece or 24 gig total, and had it transcode them and shrink them to a DVD9. It took just under 5 hours with only a single pass. I am doing these for a friend that doesn't have too good setup, so I didn't mess with 2 passes/VBR. I also did two shows of roughly the same size and used Nero to transcode and fit on a DVD5 for each show, and those were about 1:20 a piece.

On my Athalon 64, I processed an 18 gig football game with 2 pass VBR and it was something like 14 hours give or take. I haven't done one on the X2 yet.

When I try and extract large HD files (15-20 gig) from my 10-250, if I just choose get, I get a "Could not Connect!" error, so I have to use "get parts".

When I doe this, there are a bunch of FSID's, such as 51297, 51298, 51299, 513001, etc. The last FSID is always shorter, like 5130 in this case. On these large extractions, it always shows an error of "Didn't find fsid=5130!" on that last short FSID in the TServer Output Window.

Is this normal? Is the program complete?

Great tool (still avoiding 6.3)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezmo View Post
    5) Don't let your Tivo upgrade to 6.3
    Things had gone swimmingly until hard drive crash (6 months into a Seagate 400gb ... grrrr). At least the new 500 giger only cost me $180. Reading of issues with 6.3, have not updated ... will continue to monitor for updated info on that, but things work so well as is, I'm not messing with things, till hear something conclusive. Things are getting a little crunchy at work (vid game), but still wish had the source for this thing to do a little debugging (older files that crash/confuse it, and the issue with 6.3), but I don't believe I've ever seen any link to the source. Hoping to turn into a profitable product some day? For tivo related aspects, seems unfeasable, but ... considering all the other features ... can only wish him luck ... it's been an incredibly valuable piece of *&(*(&. Hey ... I'm kidding ... as I said, incredibly valuable ... it's software ... it has bugs ... I should know ... god knows Microsoft ( and S*n* in my case) knows about valuable software ... with bugs. Wish I could chip in. God knows, if he was nearby (S.D.) I'd buy him a beer (hell ... a keg, if he was so inclined). Thanks to all for the helpful thread, and site, and especially to jdiner, for this excellent tool.