Page 54 of 84 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

Hendersonville, TN (just outside of Nashville)
    Quote Originally Posted by Growler View Post
    OK I get that.

I played more with DVD-Lab. Ran my first trial. You seem to use it a lot. Can you answer a couple questions?

1- Preview with sound- I was trying to set chapter marks , but found it difficult to do without sound. I put the TyTool created mpg in the project. It recommended demuxing to elementary stream so I did. It placed the video in the video track on the timeline and created a mpa file and placed in the audio portion. No matter what I did I could not get audio. Yes, the speakers were turned on. Just kidding. The sound was working for everything else on the PC, just could not get sound in DVD_Lab. It is something simple?

2- How can I be sure it is not re-encoding- Again, I am using DVD-Lab since it will accept the 480x480 Tivo file. How can I tell during compile or elsewhere it is not going to re-encode and lose quality?

3- Is there an advantage to using a VOB over an mpg in DVD-Lab? Quality?

Thanks!
    Found out aout the audio.
    1-No sound in preview for DVD Lab Pro.

Can someone tell me how to ensure my 480x480 D*Tivo file does not get re-encoded?

All of a sudden when multiplexing files with TyTool it likes to stop early. I have no problem with hdemux. Any ideas?

1- Preview with sound- I was trying to set chapter marks , but found it difficult to do without sound. I put the TyTool created mpg in the project. It recommended demuxing to elementary stream so I did. It placed the video in the video track on the timeline and created a mpa file and placed in the audio portion. No matter what I did I could not get audio. Yes, the speakers were turned on. Just kidding. The sound was working for everything else on the PC, just could not get sound in DVD_Lab. It is something simple?
    To be honest I have never tried -- I typically either don't set chapters or I just auto-chapter, and the main editing machine I use doesn't have working audio at the moment.
    2- How can I be sure it is not re-encoding- Again, I am using DVD-Lab since it will accept the 480x480 Tivo file. How can I tell during compile or elsewhere it is not going to re-encode and lose quality?
    DVD-Lab never re-encodes.
    3- Is there an advantage to using a VOB over an mpg in DVD-Lab? Quality?
    No, it's just a different container.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Cheer,

I am reading the DVD-Lab Help file for DVD-Lab Pro 1.5. I found it interesting that they have a feature that essentially does away with the need for VideoReDo. The feature I am speaking of it "skip section" which you mark a start and end of commercials and tell it not to play these at all. In this way no reencoding takes place.

Not nearly as simple to find commercials as VideoReDo, but fits the bill of wanting no commercials without re-encoding.

Do you have any experience with this?

Cheer,

I am reading the DVD-Lab Help file for DVD-Lab Pro 1.5. I found it interesting that they have a feature that essentially does away with the need for VideoReDo. The feature I am speaking of it "skip section" which you mark a start and end of commercials and tell it not to play these at all. In this way no reencoding takes place.

Not nearly as simple to find commercials as VideoReDo, but fits the bill of wanting no commercials without re-encoding.

Do you have any experience with this?
    No, never tried it...but my initial reaction is that they'll still *be* there...meaning occupying space on the disc. Maybe not a big deal, but sometimes I'm trying to cram as many episodes of a TV show as I can on a disc, and the commercials chew up valuable real estate.

VideoReDo (or TyTool) won't really re-encode except for a tiny bit at the cut points, so not a big deal IMO.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

28 Another Use for TyTool

I have a I have a LiteOn DVD recorder that makes DVD's that are not copyable by any application. You can re-author them, but that takes many hours.

For Grins, I ran the VOB files through TyTool, and recreated the DVD files. Only took a few minutes, and works perfectly. (and is copyable!)

Josh, Thanks again for another alternative use for your tool.

Quote Originally Posted by cheer View Post
    No, never tried it...but my initial reaction is that they'll still *be* there...meaning occupying space on the disc. Maybe not a big deal, but sometimes I'm trying to cram as many episodes of a TV show as I can on a disc, and the commercials chew up valuable real estate.

VideoReDo (or TyTool) won't really re-encode except for a tiny bit at the cut points, so not a big deal IMO.
    I am using evaluation versions of both DVD-lab and VideoRedo. I was thinking it would save me from buying both programs, but I see your point about the real estate.

There is a feature I am interested in for DVD authoring that I see in many commercially made DVD movies. When you make a scene/chapter selection it runs a short intro video clip first, before going to that point in the movie. Can DVD-lab do this?

[QUOTE=There is a feature I am interested in for DVD authoring that I see in many commercially made DVD movies. When you make a scene/chapter selection it runs a short intro video clip first, before going to that point in the movie. Can DVD-lab do this?[/QUOTE]

DVDLab can do as much or as little as you want. With that said; creating a DVD is like creating a painting, it all depends on your creativity and artistic side, DVD lab can import/play video, audio, pictures, have video menues, audio and images
    transitions etc, etc, it is an awsome program even if you jus use it to create simple menus for DVDs.

You can tell it what to play how to play it and when to play it ... your creativity is what makes the difference.

DSR6k dual 40G drives + turbonet
    Sat T60 dual 40G drives + turbonet
    GXCEBOT single 80G drive + turbonet + wirelessbridge
    Phillips SA 20G + 120G + turbonet + wirelessbridge
    Hughes HDVR2 200G + USB2 + superpatch67 + linksys dd-wrt bridged + MRV
    RCA DVR39 500G + USB2 + superpatch67 + linksys dd-wrt bridged + MRV

THE TiVo is the NETWORK!

I have always got fast transfer speeds, now today I can only get 0.5 mb p/s. What could cause this??

Quote Originally Posted by darrin75 View Post
    I have always got fast transfer speeds, now today I can only get 0.5 mb p/s. What could cause this??
    Lots of things. How are you connected? What type of Tivo? Software version? Stock drivers or backport?

Etc.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer

ethernet cable, dtivo 6.2, backport

Okay guys, I fixed my problem and maybe some of yours as well. Insead of using "VOB-Mux File(s)", I got curious and tried "VOB-Mux (New Format) 1". It went through a lot of that "Found an OOB packet" stuff but this time went through the whole file without crashing. This has to do with dropped frames when the TiVo compensates by resyncing the audio. They are a good sign on the TiVo end that means the TiVo is doing what it's supposed to. They are a bad sign on your signal source end because the TiVo is compensating for the poor signal input. In my case it was a poor quality VHS recording (going onto a PTV100). What's really bad is if you stop the tape while the TiVo is still recording because the cheap VCR will stop producing sync signals. It can also trip up where 2 recordings meet on the tape or where it goes into blank sections. All of this produces those OOB packets.

So if you're desperate like me, you can use the "VOB-Mux (New Format) 1" and then use VideoReDo to cut out the bad spots, save another VOB, and demux it with bbDMUX, etc. I'm going to post a guide on this in the [derelict?] How-To section.

Anyone tried TyTool 10r4 on Vista?

I'm working my way through stuff on Vista RC2. TyTool is next (tomorrow morning). Anyone tried it yet?

TyTool works just fine on Vista RC2. The only issues are to do with security.

The executable is marked as "This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer". Clicking "Unblock" and then "Apply" fakes you into thinking that it has been unblocked, but if you close the properties window and then go back, it is still blocked.

Possibly related is the "Open File - Security Warning" pop-up that activates whenever you run the executable. This complains "This file does not have a valid digital signature that verifies its publisher". Again there is button to turn off the warning, and again it is ignored.

I've reported both issues to MS...

I can not for the life of me get this .ty file into any other format. MPG or VOB. It will only come off the tivo as .ty. I tried every option in Tytool and none work. Ive tried hdemux but i cant even get past it. Any suggestions would really help.