Page 55 of 84 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

Quote Originally Posted by shortkud View Post
    I can not for the life of me get this .ty file into any other format. MPG or VOB. It will only come off the tivo as .ty. I tried every option in Tytool and none work. Ive tried hdemux but i cant even get past it. Any suggestions would really help.
    OH Boy. Try RTFM. after downloading in tytool. File-->Multiplex or Vob-mux. You may even want to edit the commercials out by editing the key files.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    OH Boy. Try RTFM. after downloading in tytool. File-->Multiplex or Vob-mux. You may even want to edit the commercials out by editing the key files.
    Oops, maybe i should have been more clear. I cant get it into any other format not because I dont know how but because it errors out. Tytool likes to stop short when multiplexing to vob or mpeg. Same with generating key files. Hdemux wont even demux it.

little more info needed.
    Have you disabled encryption?
    model of tivo
    software version?
    sd or hd stream?

Yes I have disabled encryption. Its an HR10-250, 3.1, HD stream.

The short answer is Jdiner is aware of problems with some HDstreams and is going to release a tytool update, but has been busy the last few months.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    The short answer is Jdiner is aware of problems with some HDstreams and is going to release a tytool update, but has been busy the last few months.
    Thanks for that info, but what about tools that arent Tytool that have problems with the stream?

Quote Originally Posted by shortkud View Post
    Thanks for that info, but what about tools that arent Tytool that have problems with the stream?
    What do you mean when you say that hdemux won't work? Can you be more specific?
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Quote Originally Posted by cheer View Post
    What do you mean when you say that hdemux won't work? Can you be more specific?
    Sorry again for being so general. I get this with hdemux.

Quote Originally Posted by hdemux
    Warning: Attempting resync due to repeated time discontinuity, at chunk 32400
    Assertion failed: pts != -1, file demux.c, line 580

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information.
    Windows error also pops up saying hdemux.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. I get the same thing with tytool in the sense that it stops at the same part.

This is very likely a bad stream. Which version of hdemux are you using? bcc recently made some updates -- try v0.18. Also, if you watch the video on the Tivo do you see a glitch of some kind at the point where it dies?

You might also try muxing around the chunk. Hdemux has command-line options to do this: -s #### will skip #### chunks, and -c #### will limit processing to #### chunks. So demux first with -c 32399 and remux the result, and you'll have part 1 of 2. Then demux again with -s 32400 and remux the result, and you'll have part 2 of 2. Stitch together with VideoReDo or the editor of your choice.

Finally...you could help bcc's effort to update hdemux by going over to the hdemux thread and giving him some information. Specifically, use tychopper to chop the file down to a small piece that includes the bad chunk and upload it for him.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

It plays fine on the tivo. Ill check out the hdemux thread, thanks.

TyTool How To

Quote Originally Posted by LtngStalker View Post
    So if you're desperate like me, you can use the "VOB-Mux (New Format) 1" and then use VideoReDo to cut out the bad spots, save another VOB, and demux it with bbDMUX, etc. I'm going to post a guide on this in the [derelict?] How-To section.
    Like Josh, I have had zero time for working on the TyTool docs recently, but if you would care to package this up into a useable .html page, I can look at adding it to the web based docs. I need to spend some time updating to the release 10 version of the docs, anyway...
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script

Pet Peeve

Quote Originally Posted by darrin75 View Post
    2. Your going to have to Open the tivo voiding you warranty.
    I know this is probably totally retentive and definitely off-topic, but would you please fix your tagline? People confusing the possesive form of "you" with the contraction of "you are" (and similar grammatical mistakes) is a major pet peeve of mine. It really drives me nuts, and seeing it on a tagline just makes me want to throw a fit...

'Apologies for the off topic, so now back to your problem:

You have a Sreies II, I take it? Have you tried switching back and forth between single and double socket mode? Any change? Have you tried putting the unit in standby? Any difference? There is a TiVo port of top running around somewhere. You could run that during, before, and after a download trial and report what you see. Finally, have you recently installed any VPN or firewall software? What is the MTU setting on your PC?
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script

I'm really confused as to why all the programs I transfer off my tivo are in 4x3 format even if they are a 16x9 recording. I find it really annoying, especially as I would like to convert the recordings to Divx but they all look odd in the wrong format when they should be 16x9.
    Am I doing something wrong? If not what do people recommend to fix this odd problem?

I'm using a UK Series1 Tivo
    Last edited by jonandmarkuk; 11-02-2006 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonandmarkuk View Post
    I'm really confused as to why all the programs I transfer off my tivo are in 4x3 format even if they are a 16x9 recording. I find it really annoying, especially as I would like to convert the recordings to Divx but they all look odd in the wrong format when they should be 16x9.
    Am I doing something wrong? If not what do people recommend to fix this odd problem?

I'm using a UK Series1 Tivo
    Hi. It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong in the process of transferring the programs off the Tivo, but yo do need to do something extra or differently later on.

A 4x3 program, and an anamorphic (real) 16x9 program have the same resolution video file. The difference is that the playback hardware/software needs to know that the pixels it uses to show the image should be a different shape - so they are stretched for 16x9. Somewhere there is a piece of control information which says this, but unfortunately this is not preserved in the tivo/tytool process.

If you are making a DVD from tytools, the trick is to go as far as the make ifo files stage, then use a tool such as "ifoedit" to change the flag within the vob files from 4x3 to 16x9, then carry on with your normal process to burn the fileset to DVD.

I don't know what divx process you are using, and don't have a divx process myself, but the mpg or vob files you get from tytools are correct as they are for the input. You need to find an option somewhere in your encoding process to choose to change the output resolution to be one which is 16x9 (e.g. 640x360).

Hope this helps,
    Bernie

Smile Can TyTool work on a New Power Mac running XP on a virtual machine?

I've just bought a new Intel Power Mac Tower which can run the 'Parallels' emulation software. This runs XP fine and seems to be a lot better than 'Virtual PC' I ran on my previous machine.

While XP under Parallels does things VPC couldn't do - like mange a USB connection to my GPS for example - I still can't connect to my Tivo with TyTools over Ethernet. All the other kind of stuff works fine, Telnet, FTP transfer, TivoWeb, etc.

TyTool can see the Tivo and start negotiating, but can't read the 'now playing' list.

Any tips greatfully received