Page 56 of 84 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

You may want to try single socket mode (in TyTool's preferences) or use Bridged Ethernet for your Network Adapter in Parallels.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezmo View Post
    You may want to try single socket mode (in TyTool's preferences) or use Bridged Ethernet for your Network Adapter in Parallels.
    Thanks for that, but it still wouldn't work. So I hooked up my PC laptop, haven't done this in some time at it's a work laptop not one I bring home often, and that couldn't connect either... so it must be the server I guess.

Tried starting and stopping the server in the SERVER menu but get an error -

'Starting the server failed. Never received the telnet prompt. Please check your Settings and try again'.

I'll have to read the instal instructions if I can find them!

Hendersonville, TN (just outside of Nashville)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Thanks for that, but it still wouldn't work. So I hooked up my PC laptop, haven't done this in some time at it's a work laptop not one I bring home often, and that couldn't connect either... so it must be the server I guess.

Tried starting and stopping the server in the SERVER menu but get an error -

'Starting the server failed. Never received the telnet prompt. Please check your Settings and try again'.

I'll have to read the instal instructions if I can find them!
    I am an absolute beginner, but I think your problem is similar to the one I had when I changed my bash prompt for my Tivo. I had my HD Directivo hacked and Tytool working great with the default bash prompt. After a crash I had to hack it all over again.

This time I customized the bash prompt to be different than the default. Everything worked fine, but Tytool did not recognize the prompt and I got the same error you got. I was able to re-define what type of prompt Tytool looked for in the settings.

I hope it helps.

Info for Transferred Files

Hi,

Just stumbled across tivoserver this week as I'm trying to refresh my memory on the methods to prep a new (larger) hard drive for my TIVO. Hard to imagine 300 meg isn't enough. Tivoserver and Tytools may be my salvation. By using a PC as a storage device for semi-"offline" recording storage I can free up the majority of space for my season passes.

I ran tivoserver last night and after some manual setting of the home directory managed to run the application and actually transfer an mpeg file to my TIVO to play. Further research today suggested that tytools is the application of choice for transferring the TIVO files to the tivoserver repository. I downloaded and installed the 10.4 version and once I telnetted into my TIVO and started the tserver program running was able to transfer and play back through Tivoserver the files transferred to my PC.

After all of that I just have one question. Should the program information transfer as part of the file or is there something I am missing regarding where that information is stored. Pressing the info button on a Tytools transferred file yields an info box with little more than the program episode title. The typical summary of the episide and actors is missing. I admit I took a shortcut and did not update the tserver program on the Tivo as recommended. What I'd like to know is would that make a difference. The version of tserver on my Tivos may be just as recent anyway. I am running two HDVR40 DirecTV Tivos running 6.2 code and hacked earlier this year to support TivoWebPlus and Home Media Options.

Thanks for any assistance an of course a GREAT tool.

NearNirvana

Use mfs_ftp instead of TyTool -- mfs_ftp includes xml data with the show information.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Beat me to it cheer.

Cuts not working?

Howdy all.

I'm having a problem with TyTools10r4. Basically, I just want to cut commercials out of the video.

I started with .ty files from my S2 DTivo. I quickly figured out the process of creating a cut file to go with the .ty with GOPEditor. But then when I MUX the file to either an MPG or a VOB, I get the full show with the commercials... no cuts applied.

The output of the MUX command correctly shows "(with cuts)", but the cuts aren't being applied. I checked the XXX.ty.cut file and it correctly shows a series of times for the cuts that I made. The cut file is named exactly the same as the .ty (plus ".cut") and it's in the same directory.

I looked through the help in TyTools and it seems like I'm doing it exactly as it's specified. Is there something I'm missing here?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Jon Heese

Not getting any output files

I have been away for quite a while, and am now trying to use 10r4 to create a DVD. I use the VOB-MUX option, followed by Create IFO. But all I end up with is a few BMPs and the make file, no _TS files. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Many thanks
    SpongeBob is not a contraceptive - Bart S.
    A tabloid, is that one of those really strong mints? - Homer S.

Quote Originally Posted by jonheese View Post
    Howdy all.

I'm having a problem with TyTools10r4. Basically, I just want to cut commercials out of the video.

I started with .ty files from my S2 DTivo. I quickly figured out the process of creating a cut file to go with the .ty with GOPEditor. But then when I MUX the file to either an MPG or a VOB, I get the full show with the commercials... no cuts applied.

The output of the MUX command correctly shows "(with cuts)", but the cuts aren't being applied. I checked the XXX.ty.cut file and it correctly shows a series of times for the cuts that I made. The cut file is named exactly the same as the .ty (plus ".cut") and it's in the same directory.

I looked through the help in TyTools and it seems like I'm doing it exactly as it's specified. Is there something I'm missing here?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Jon Heese
    Make certain the input and output directories are the same, and that NOTHING has been changed since the .key file was written. The .key, cut, and .ty must all have the same name, don't save the .cut file "as" but just "save" it. Also Cygwin has to be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by BustedSony View Post
    Make certain the input and output directories are the same, and that NOTHING has been changed since the .key file was written. The .key, cut, and .ty must all have the same name, don't save the .cut file "as" but just "save" it.
    Yup, 100% as described. Never tried anything different than what you describe above.

Also Cygwin has to be correct.
    Huh? What does Cygwin have to do with it? I do have Cygwin installed on this machine, but I didn't realize TyTools has anything to do with it...

What does "correct" mean here?

Regards,
    Jon Heese

Quote Originally Posted by jonheese View Post
    Huh? What does Cygwin have to do with it? I do have Cygwin installed on this machine, but I didn't realize TyTools has anything to do with it...

What does "correct" mean here?

Regards,
    Jon Heese
    You need the 'cygwin1.dll' (use the latest) in the same folder as the tytool executable.
    ScanMan --> Just another Tivo hacker...
    Killhdinitrd SA S2 Monte S2 Unscramble Upgrade Tivo Software

Quote Originally Posted by ScanMan View Post
    You need the 'cygwin1.dll' (use the latest) in the same folder as the tytool executable.
    Hmm... interesting. I don't remember ever seeing anything about that.

I didn't have cygwin1.dll in there, so I just dropped it in there and tried again. No change.

Any other ideas?

Regards,
    Jon Heese

I've had no problems with TyTools and my HDVR2s, but I just configured TyTools to work w/ my HR10-250. I'm running into some problems that I haven't experienced before.

1.) When attempting to make the key file, I get this:

Trancode Selected Mode: 0
    Ready...
    Generating KeyFrame File: H:\The omen\The Omen-.ty
    Sorry... Failed to get the first 10 initial chunks...
    Have to have at least that many to start the analysis phase...

DiffTime = 0.000000 (0) == 0.000000 Minutes

total = 1310720 (1 MB)
    2.) When I make the key file, vob file, and the IFO file, nothing is visible on the TyTools screen. It's as if everything's running in the background without the ability to see the actual looping progress in the bottom window.

3.) When I make the IFO (DVD) file, a similar problem occurs. Furthermore, it takes about 3 seconds and the response comes back "DVD successfully made," which isn't the case, since there exists only tiny VIDEO_TS files, which obviously isn't right.

The only thing going right is that the recording I am downloading DOES seem to download properly. It's everything after that that isn't going right.

I'm baffled as to what's going on here.
    Last edited by SithLord; 11-25-2006 at 03:14 PM.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion I gain strength.
    Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory.
    Through victory my chains are broken.
    The Force shall set me free.

Are you sure encryption is disabled. I think that when you see "Sorry... Failed to get the first 10 initial chunks..." that usually means that the ty file is encrypted.

But I could be wrong I know more about the audio side of things.

Rowan

Thanks Jdiner, now my wife can watch her shows on her laptop and not sit in the bedroom. WOOHOOO, worked the first time I ran it