Page 58 of 84 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

tserver

Quote Originally Posted by shredhead View Post
    On my copy of 10R4, launching tserver from the PC does not work.
    What errors or indications do you get?

(How do you shut it off when you're done?)
    <Ctrl> C should do it, or just exit the telnet session.

The main thing I wanted to ask about was why the "networking" section underneath "preferences" lists three ip addresses that are completely bogus to my network and I can't edit them. Maybe I am misunderstanding what those values are for?? Please help.
    Take a look at the tutorial in my tagline. Those are addresses on your PC, and they are for use in double socket mode. They do exist on your PC. TyTool is reading them from your network stack. As to what they actually are: probably VPNs or other virtual networks. I had a networking application create one one time. I don't recall which application.
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script

It never gets the telnet prompt from the DTivo. It's probably my firewall that is the issue here. But I don't mind doing the manual telnet session though. That way I know for sure the service is shut down when I am done with it.

As for the network stuff, I forgot, I have VMWare. Two of the IP ranges are virtual. The other one is the ip of the PC I am using.

I am encountering one more issue now. The keyframe file generated is not recognized by the GOP editor:
    Generating KeyFrame File: C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXXXXX\My Documents\downloads\MLB Baseball-1978 AL East Playoff- New York Yankees at Boston Red Sox.ty
    Sorry... Failed to get the first 10 initial chunks...
    Have to have at least that many to start the analysis phase...

DiffTime = 0.000000 (0) == 0.000000 Minutes

total = 1310720 (1 MB)

Done with 'C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXXXXXXXX\My Documents\downloads\MLB Baseball-1978 AL East Playoff- New York Yankees at Boston Red Sox.ty'...
    Last edited by shredhead; 12-08-2006 at 11:50 AM.

To be clear though, can you confirm tytool does not work with 6.3?
    (1) HR10-250 Fully Hacked, 6.3a-01-2-357
    (1) HR20 Given to Daughter and Grandkids because, as DTV puts it, " It's better than the HR10-250" Yeah right!

I am encountering one more issue now. The keyframe file generated is not recognized by the GOP editor:
    [COLOR="Red"]Generating KeyFrame File: C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXXXXX\My Documents\downloads\MLB Baseball-1978 AL East Playoff- New York Yankees at Boston Red Sox.ty
    Sorry... Failed to get the first 10 initial chunks...
    Have to have at least that many to start the analysis phase...
    FAQ. You don't have encryption disabled -- or at least, you didn't when you recorded this.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    To be clear though, can you confirm tytool does not work with 6.3?
    For SD recordings on 6.3x, TyTool will appear to work, but it will find an enormous number of audio holes and (depending on your settings) attempt to fix them. The result is a mess.

For HD recordings on 6.3x, TyTool bombs or fails to mux.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Quote Originally Posted by cheer View Post
    FAQ. You don't have encryption disabled -- or at least, you didn't when you recorded this.
    That's a bummer because this program isn't aired much. (I assume I'm dead in the water unless someone has come up with a decrypt program. )

Will the lack of encryption screw anything else up?

Why did another program transfer and convert successfully? I was about to type "work fine" but there were irregularities with the video... Perhaps certain channels are encrypted and others are not?

That's a bummer because this program isn't aired much. (I assume I'm dead in the water unless someone has come up with a decrypt program. )
    Is a copy of the file still on the Tivo? If not, then you're hosed. If so, you can use the S2_Unscramble method -- search for it.
    Will the lack of encryption screw anything else up?
    Nope.
    Why did another program transfer and convert successfully? I was about to type "work fine" but there were irregularities with the video... Perhaps certain channels are encrypted and others are not?
    No, everything is encrypted by the Tivo. I'm guessing that you actually did disable encryption at some point, so that only some of your shows are scrambled.

Telnet into the Tivo and run "ciphercheck" (NOT "ciphercheck.tcl") and it will tell you whether encryption is currently disabled and which shows appear to be scrambled.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer

Freezing Video with TyTools

Posted this question a week ago on the extraction thread and received no replies...I thought I might retry here: Been a big fan of the site for a couple of years now as I have successfully hacked 4 boxes using the knowledge and help gained here..Thanks!! Enough of the props....weird new problem on extracting from two of my tivos (HDRV2's). I have been doing this for 2 years and now suddenly have a problem...after dl'ing the recording to my computer using tytools, I edit, VOB-Mux, create IFO's and rip to DVD. The sound is fine on the resultant dvd but the video freezes periodically. The really weird part is that after back-tracking the various steps, the tivo recording plays fine on the player and the VOB-Mux'ed file plays fine on my computer after having edited the recording. The stuttering seems to be created once I make IFO's files/directories. I have tried re-dl'ing the recordings from the tivo, reextracting my Tytools (v10r4) files, replacing the cygwin1.dll file (assuming some file corruption), even repeating the process on 3 different computers with exactly the same outcome. Any help/ideas would be truly appreciated. Thanks!

Jeff

some shows are scrambled and some aren't.

I didn't do the hack myself so I think my little upgrade CD took care of it and those shows that are not scrambled were recorded after I hacked it (2 days ago).

At least I don't have shows listed here that anyone would have negative comments about!

fam_room-TiVo# ciphercheck

CipherCheck - based on CipherCheck.tcl by AlphaWolf_HK

TyStream encryption is currently disabled.

Here is the status of your current recordings:

Encrypted CSO Set Stream Name
    --------- ------- -----------
    No No The Simpsons
    No No Holmes on Homes
    No No Holmes on Homes
    No No The Simpsons
    No No The Simpsons
    No No Futurama
    No No Futurama
    No No South Park
    No No The Simpsons
    No No The Simpsons
    Yes Yes Futurama
    Yes Yes Futurama
    Yes Yes South Park
    Yes Yes South Park
    Yes Yes Overhaulin'
    Yes Yes Futurama
    Yes Yes Overhaulin'
    Yes Yes Overhaulin'
    Yes Yes Overhaulin'
    Yes Yes Overhaulin'
    Yes Yes Better Off Dead
    Yes Yes The 40-Year-Old Virgin
    Yes Yes MLB Baseball
    Yes Yes America's Best Waterparks
    Yes Yes Warren Miller TV
    Yes Yes Warren Miller TV
    Yes Yes Warren Miller TV
    Yes Yes Warren Miller TV
    fam_room-TiVo#

So is there anything I can do to retrieve things that were recorded with the encryption turned on?? It's no deal breaker if I can't - I'm just curious.
    Last edited by shredhead; 12-09-2006 at 09:13 PM.

What's the deal with the horizontal lines I'm seeing in the video? There's a few on top I suppose I could crop out, but then every time there's movement I see them. Is this a known issue? Can anything be done? I'm using .ty files.

The white bars at the top are closed captioning data. If you're seeing other lines that would have to be noise of some sort. Depending on what you intend to do with your mpeg, you may or may not need to crop it off. If you're mainly concerned with burning to dvd you probably won't see the cc stripe because of most player's overscan. If you're converting to mpeg 4 to watch on a pc / handheld, most conversion tools allow you to crop the source before re-encoding.
    try out my automated tserver client here

Hey, guess what you're all accessories to? ~ Bender B. Rodriguez

Question about insertion

First if I am in the wrong place I appolgize. I have been reading through page after page of postings but no one seems to be saying anything about posting. I have a series 2 hack and tytool installed and working. I am able to pull .ty files off and also use the gop editor to get rid of commercials and convert to a mpeg. I can now play through my video on xbox360 extender however wife thinks this is too hard. I had a 300gb drive in my tivo but pulled out because I am upgrading to a hd 20-700 and put a 60 back. I would like to put the files I pulled off the 300gb that are no on my pc in .ty or mpeg back onto the 60gb drive. Can someone point me into the right directon for insertion? Thanks for any replys.

Go look for mfs_ftp or Tivoserver.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer

Is anyone else having trouble with TyTool 10r4 creating chapter points every 5 min? I'm just getting one chapter.

(I've been using TyTool since it was first released... and have had success with the 'every 5 min' chapters in the past...)
    phrend

SVR-2000 (30 hour + Maxtor 80 gig) w/TurboNet

Generating "clean" closed captions?

I just finished rereading all the TyTool 10rX threads for closed caption information. I am trying to do this for programs recorded on my DirecTiVo box.

As I understand it, DirecTV's abnormally long GOPs cause the CC packets in the tytool-generated MPEG/VOB files to be longer than the spec allows. Different DVD players handle this in a variety of ways, from stuttering/freezing, to truncation of captions, to full support. Josh's recommendation on these threads has been to buy a DVD player that provides full support, but I don't really have that option since I'm making DVDs for other people who need the captions (currently I use a standalone DVD recorder for this but I'd prefer to use tytool for all the obvious reasons).

One option is to do some minor reencoding of long GOPs to get conforming cc packet sizes. But I tried VideoReDo and Womble, and neither of them seemed to fix it. My guess is that they created new I-frames but didn't try to split up the large cc packets.

Another option is to selectively strip out some of the cc information. For example, when I looked at tytool's cc debugging info, I saw Spanish captions that I could do without. This wouldn't be a real fix, but it could lessen the problem for DVD players that truncate the captions. But I kind of doubt there are any tools out there for that.

Does anyone know of tools out there that would be suitable for this kind of caption cleanup? They don't have to be free, but I don't want to have to spend a lot of time fine-tuning the results. Or am I just using VideoReDo or Womble incorrectly? (BTW, I'm using DVD-Lab Pro to author the disc, and it sometimes aborts the compilation due to some kind of problem in the tytool mpeg.)