Page 6 of 84 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

work around for more than 32 parts

Quote Originally Posted by jdiner
    Actually that problem has been there since the very beginning of TyTool. I made the buffer used to send a get request to the server to small. It was more than enough orginally but HD streams are a beast.

I will fix it soon enough. For right now there is no real work around other than to use the get parts call.

Just realized the new features in Get Parts got lost too. I will have to redo that feature as well.

--jdiner
    BTW -I was able to use mfs_ftp to transfer the entire ty file to my PC and then use tytool to successfully process the file from that point on. A viable workaround until a fix is released.

Is anyone else having trouble cutting to the very end? I want to delete everything after the show, but for some reason the timestamp at the very end of the file always seems to be wrong; it's typically something like 13:15:21.858 yet the show is only half an hour long.

As a result I'm having to cut at the penultimate GOP and get a little bit of random crap after the end of every show. What am I doing wrong?
    SVR 2000 running 3.0 with 1x160Gb and Lifetime Sub
    SAT-T60 running 3.1 with 1x250Gb and Turbonet over 802.11

The end of file has been flagged like that for as long as I can remember (way back to the 7r versions). It had NEVER caused me any problems.

HTH
    Mike

13:15:21.858

I agree with mike. The large number is probably something significant in base 2. Think of it 13:15:21.858 as "infinity plus 1" and you get the idea
    TiVo Phillips HDR 212 Series 1 SA / v3.0 / 120 hr basic / Turbonet / Linksys / Athlon / XP
    TiVo to DVD: Hack bitrate to 720x480 resolution/ tytools (transcode #5) / nero 5.3

Quote Originally Posted by hepsnark
    I agree with mike. The large number is probably something significant in base 2. Think of it 13:15:21.858 as "infinity plus 1" and you get the idea
    It looks like there was something funky with the final GOP on this one particular show, which caused the tool to quit. I'd assumed it was down to the funky value, but I've just processed a few others successfully..

I'm trying to make a menu with more than 12 entries - is that possible?
    The tool accepts all 15 values but the preview only shows the first 12 regardless of what font size I use.

Quote Originally Posted by scarabus
    I'm trying to make a menu with more than 12 entries - is that possible?
    The tool accepts all 15 values but the preview only shows the first 12 regardless of what font size I use.
    Did you even bother to search or anything? You have enough posts to know that that is crucial. If you had you would have found that the timestamp you thought to be an error is infact purposefull and completes the process. It has been asked and answered at least a hundred times here on the forum. So I did the search you should have for the timestamp and jdiner, yes that's me the author of the TyTool suite, and it was in the 2nd post in that list:

The answer...

As for this this question the answer is right here in the FAQ:

The answer in the FAQ...

--jdiner

I'm a bit of a newbe to TiVo hacking and I'd just like to thank all on this board. Spent probably 5 days researching and now HDVR2 fully hacked and downloading and burning DVD's working great... Many thanks to the author of tytool and many more

Andy
    Last edited by vectorite; 01-16-2006 at 12:54 AM.

Alright. Look. scarabus and others. i am sorry if I come across as testy lately. Been since for almost a month not really getting any better yet. Makes me short tempered. But searching here on the forum and reading the FAQs on tytool.com are the key to success. Darn near everything that isn't brand new in the latest release has been asked and answered at least once.

Like the timestamp question. A simple search just on that string alone would have turned up a ton of posts on the question.

Please please please everyone new to the use of TyTool search first. Search again. Then ask. It gets tedious seeing a question here, especially one that smacks of having an attitude about it, that was answered just a few posts before the question or has been discussed at length.

So to recap:

Q- Why can't you have an end FAE cut on the last GOP?
    Because doing so is pointless. You go GOP-FAE, FAE-FAE, FAE-FAE, FAE-GOP. You cut from the very first frame which gives you a timestamp of 00:00:00.00 which is before anything that can possibly show up in the actualy stream. Why? So you don't get any pieces no matter how fast they play or short they are that you do not want. The FAE cut that matches onto this one gives you the "perfect" start into the actual show you want to keep.

On the end you do the FAE-GOP. The last cut's starting-FAE-cut cuts right down to the last field in the GOP that you want to keep. So nothing will be at the end of the show that you do not want. The GOP cut at the very last GOP found in the key file gets a special timestamp as well. The 13:* is the largest timestamp legally allowable. So nothing can possibly be "later" than that. So you cut from the end of what you want through anything that possibly follows it.

--jdiner

Thumbs up Audio holes again.

Alright. Look. scarabus and others. i am sorry if I come across as testy lately. Been since for almost a month not really getting any better yet. Makes me short tempered--jdiner
    I have a chronic ear infection too and am fully aware how the resident pneumococcus bugs can now and again spread and make one generally susceptible to illness.

But searching here on the forum and reading the FAQs on tytool.com are the key to success. Darn near everything that isn't brand new in the latest release has been asked and answered at least once.

Please please please everyone new to the use of TyTool search first. Search again. Then ask. It gets tedious seeing a question here, especially one that smacks of having an attitude about it, that was answered just a few posts before the question or has been discussed at length--jdiner
    But you know Josh what's unique about the 10R4 thread so far is that no one at all has reported a bug, (erm, in the software that is.. ) and I'm personally finding that 10r4 runs as smooth as silk,... other than that ruddy audio holes issue. As a special favour, COULD something please possibly maybe somehow be done about redoing the audio pointer fix, maybe PM prerelease code to FredThompson or myself? I really really need this problem solved.

Take care of yourself..... And Thanks.

Problems with HD

I'm getting "bad dump" errors when I generate keyframes (or MUX directly) after extracting an show in HD and 5.1 audio on an HR10-250. The video is fine. Extracting anything in SD works fine.

The "bad dump" message appears to happen when the audio feed goes from 2.0 (during commercials) to 5.1 (in the show).

Any ideas? Thanks for a great product!

Quote Originally Posted by splam
    The "bad dump" message appears to happen when the audio feed goes from 2.0 (during commercials) to 5.1 (in the show).

Any ideas?
    The bad dump is just a warning at this point. If it happened it would be at that point as it was to show when things were being searched for and not coming back as expected.

There is more to come on the HD side of things. But at the moment I haven't put anymore work into it. Been trying to catch up with the rest of life since I started to get a bit better. Amazing how many dirt dishes and what not can pile up when you live alone and are ill for almost a month.

--jdiner

HD & audio issues continued

Thanks for the quick reply!... I was going to try forcing audio transcoding this evening as I currently have it set to "none" and see if that helps with my main issue... VirtualDub-MPEG is only recognizing 2 channels of the audio stream even though it was a 5.1 program. May be a VirtualDub issue.

Looking forward to the HD support... currently I'm trying to convert the stream to 720x480 with virtualdub and use roxio to burn the dvd. I assumed that using the TyTool dvd utilities would give me a vob encoded at 1280x720x60fps which wouldn't play on most dvd players.

I upgraded to 10r4 last night and also noticed a pretty significant decrease in speed from 2.5M/sec to about 1.3M/sec... any ideas?

Thanks once again for a fantastic product.

Not finding this in the search or faq.

If I have a 30 minute program that has 3 parts, and I know the portion of video I want is in the last 5 minutes of the program, do I still need to get all 3 parts?
    or can I just get the last part and use GOP to get the 5 minute portion I want.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohfugit
    Not finding this in the search or faq.

If I have a 30 minute program that has 3 parts, and I know the portion of video I want is in the last 5 minutes of the program, do I still need to get all 3 parts?
    or can I just get the last part and use GOP to get the 5 minute portion I want.

Thank you.
    You can do it. Have you tried?

ew