Page 62 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

This is exactly why I downgraded back to 3.1.5 and am staying @. Extraction and encoding is more important to me than folders.

Never could find a fix for it....although using hdemux and videoredo did work if I remember correctly....I just didn't want to run EVERYTHING through that process.....

So are you saying that you downloaded the recording via TyTools, then used hdemux or VideoRedo to do the rest of the process?
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion I gain strength.
    Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory.
    Through victory my chains are broken.
    The Force shall set me free.

Quote Originally Posted by SithLord View Post
    So are you saying that you downloaded the recording via TyTools, then used hdemux or VideoRedo to do the rest of the process?
    Use tytompg. TyTool is broken for 6.3x, and had issues with some HD streams even on 3.1.5x (especially OTA ones). Then use VideoReDo to edit. You can extract however you like, but I think TyTool sometimes has extraction issues with very large files.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Sounds good. I'll look into tytompg.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion I gain strength.
    Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory.
    Through victory my chains are broken.
    The Force shall set me free.

Distorted Audio In Ty File

Greetings-- just getting started in the art of extraction after getting my HR10-250 hacked with the basics.

I have tserver and tytools loaded and running. I download programs fine to the PC, and have tyshow codecs for the media player.

When I watch the ty file, the audio is very loud and distorted. I've tried to adjust the volume setting that is available in the preferences section, set it to -10, but didn't notice any significant difference.

Any ideas?

Convert it to an MPEG.

Quote Originally Posted by jphudy View Post
    Hey guys, I'm having a really big problem. I can't seem to get my mpgs to come out with the video in sync with the audio. Sometimes, they are WAY off. What am I doing wrong? I parse the file and enter the offset before muxing, but it's just not helping. Any input would be really appreciated.
    I was having similar issues, downloaded new codecs (actullay the K-lite codec pack). Fixed all the sync issues. Hope it works.

I am having problems generating IFO files/dir. Actually, the files get generated just fine, however, nothing but the menu screen works on the final version. I am positive I am using the Tytools correctly in that all the information is generated, the menu screen works fine and I can view the VOB files under the TS_video directory. However, no selections from the menu screen work.

When the DVD is burned, and played, the menu screen comes up, but once you select the menu, everything freezes. I thought burning the DVD was the issue however, based on information in this thread, I download VLC and tried playing the directory directly from the hard drive. Again, the menu comes up but once a selection is made, everything goes nuts and I get about 15 windows on the screen with the title "VLC (hardware YUV DirectX output)".

I tried this with single menu, multiple menu, and even "no menu" (by editing the make.bat file as indicated in this thread) setups. Still no go. By the way, why is the "No Menu" option on tytools grayed out and unselectable?

Seems like all the parts are OK but the menu button on the main DVD playback screen is not quite selecting the right stuff. Is that possible? Anyone else having similar issues? Would appreciate any feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjahedge View Post
    Greetings-- just getting started in the art of extraction after getting my HR10-250 hacked with the basics.

I have tserver and tytools loaded and running. I download programs fine to the PC, and have tyshow codecs for the media player.

When I watch the ty file, the audio is very loud and distorted. I've tried to adjust the volume setting that is available in the preferences section, set it to -10, but didn't notice any significant difference.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by rbreding View Post
    Convert it to an MPEG.
    OK-- tried that, audio is very loud and distorted as an MPEG also. Played the original file on the Tivo just to make sure its not the source-- sounds fine there.

I searched the forums for keywords multi thread, and didn't find anything that pertains to what I'm looking for, so now i will ask...
    Could you support multi-threading for getting keys? i have a 2xAMD Opteron Dual Core setup and instead of running multiple instances of TyTool and processing multiple files, it would be nice to just process one file 4 times faster... as of now it maxes out at 25% about 90%of the time .... Oh well just a though
    Thanks, Jason

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCatGee View Post
    I searched the forums for keywords multi thread, and didn't find anything that pertains to what I'm looking for, so now i will ask...
    Could you support multi-threading for getting keys? i have a 2xAMD Opteron Dual Core setup and instead of running multiple instances of TyTool and processing multiple files, it would be nice to just process one file 4 times faster... as of now it maxes out at 25% about 90%of the time .... Oh well just a though
    Thanks, Jason
    I assume you are talking about MAKING a key file ?

If so that process is disk intensive...not processor intensive.

Quote Originally Posted by rbreding View Post
    I assume you are talking about MAKING a key file ?

If so that process is disk intensive...not processor intensive.
    Yes i am talking about making a key, and I know its disk intensive but im running a SATA RAID with enought throughput to handle it, thats why TyTool Maxes out only one proccesor core, if it was multithreaded it could probably get it upto 70% total CPU Usage

Hello, everyone!
    Yesterday I was in search for TyTool FAQ, and the only place I found it was at malfuct.net. It was a little outdated but I got what I need for how to use GOP editor to cut unwanted pieces out. Is there a more recent copy somewhere?
    {Edit} Still don't know how to use templates...
    Aslo, after I cereated the .ifo file, I tried to play it in ShrinkDVD, and I saw the speed is somewhat faster. I am wondering, will the speed be faster, If I make a disk?
    I have SA1 machine (also outdated a bit, but still great)
    Last edited by quba; 02-12-2007 at 05:44 PM.

Ok, I know that the TyTools no longer appear to be supported, which is a true shame because I think they were a better tool suite than a lot of the commercial programs out there. What I was wondering is if anyone has gone through the effort to determine what the stream differences are between the HD10-250 using 6.3b and either the HD10-250 running the 3.1.5 or another DTiVo SD (assuming SD recordings with all comparisons)? I know it would be somewhat painful to figure out the differences in binary files but I was thinking if we knew what the differences were we could gen up a tool to convert the 6.3b recordings to something TyTools was more happy with... Hope I'm not smoking crack and oversimplifying what effort this would take or if it would even be possible. One thing of interest is that some recordings I'm able to process with TyTools 10r4 still without problems (using 6.3b) and others I just get so many errors generating the key or even get TyTools to crash in the process that it's not an option. So far it seems, strangely enough, that the SD recordings from locals off of the satellite (not OTA) are the ones that are successful whereas all other SD channels off of satellite are more unsuccessful than successful. We now have two DTiVo units - one HDVR2 (SD only) and one HD10-250 where I can gather the same recordings from each. If anyone thinks I'm just wasting my time pursuing this, please let me know.

Yes, this has been done -- search for tytompg.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.