Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 337381828384 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1257

Thread: TyTool 10r4 - Extraction/Frame Accurate Editing/DVD output/Closed Captioning...

Quote Originally Posted by tivoS1Dude View Post
    This is the correct way to generate a an mpeg output from the ty file right?
    http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58397

Thanks. I tried it unfortunately no audio either. I am attaching a screen shot from the tytompeg program and it seems to show the presence of a audio stream in the file.

tytompg really, really should have worked.

I use tytools #10 rel 4. The relevant Options:

General: MPEG-2 Encoder = mpeg2enc
    Multiplex: Multiplex Format = Standard
    Audio: (Leave unchecked Fill LayerIIAudio Holes and Fill AC3 Audio Holes)
    Transcode Options = #5
    Alter Volume = 0
    Audio Extension = M2A

Under File->Process I select VOB-Mux Files

How does Tytool keep Closed Captions?

What is the magic that enables TyTool to keep closed captions intact on conversion to MPG, that other tools do not? I am trying to find a Command Line method of converting TY to MPG that maintains the closed captions. FFMpeg and TytoMPG don't seem to do it. Any suggestions?

VOB File Creation Fails

I extracted two recordings from a Tivo using TyTool10R4 and successfully created video DVDs from those by creating VOB and then IFO files. The third recording fails. The .ty file is 2.4 GB (have I exceeded some maximum there)? When I create the VOB file it only creates 38MB of it and then terminates the creation process, announcing that the VOB is created.

What causes this early termination of the VOB creation process, and how do I work around this?

RE:VOB File Creation Fails

TyTool has been abandoned in favor of TySuite. But I still prefer TyTool.

I personally do not use VOB files. If you click on the Files menu item and then click on Multiplex mode under the Network Options, it will make .mpg files. I've never had a problem with it in multiplex mode. I've had problems when trying to create VOB files though.

I hope that helps.

Try running it through tytompg, then videoredo. Were we talking about a Series 3 or TivoHD I'd suggest s3tots, which is what I've been using since decommissioning my venerable Series 1 tivo.

One of two things

OK, I think I must be doing one of two things wrong. I've been using TyTool forever on first my Philips Series I and then later on my Series III units. All this time, my sister has had a Sony SAT-T60 Series I DirecTivo, but hasn't really wanted to do any extraction. Of late, however, she has formed an interest in extracting some shows. Now, I thought the Sony SAT-T60, like other TiVo Series I units, had no encryption on the hard drive, that first coming with the Series II. Am I mistaken? I used TyTool10r4 to extract the .ty files, but when it tries to generate the .key file, it aborts with an error saying it could not get the first 10 chunks. Is this because the files are encrypted? If not, the only other thing of which I can think is perhaps I copied over the wrong tserver. I don't see how I could, as they are pretty clearly labeled as Series I and Series II. Or is it something else?
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script

As I understand it, the DTiVo units were really more of a "series 1.5" - they do, in fact, have encryption.

I have a Phillips GXEBODT (or whatever the hell it is) DTiVo and I had to mod for encryption.

Also note - you do NOT transcode audio as you do with Series 1.

Oh, bummer! I suppose that means the [already recorded] programs she would like to extract cannot be extracted?

Does the hack only involve patching tivoapp? Do you have a link to the info for hacking the DTiVo? That's got to be ancient.

It's the TivoApp path - and yeah, it's old, but the software has not been upgraded in ages, so the threads here are still valid.

As far as the encrypted recordings, IIRC there was a kernel module you could load, play the first 10 seconds or so of each recording, and then pull and mux as usual (and unload the kernel mod as it's not needed). I believe this is in the same thread as the TivoApp patch.... but the info is here somewhere. Sorry I can't be more specific, it has been a long time..... and even this info might be incorrect... but I did rescue some encrypted streams

Try this:
    http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=31213

Offset threads:
    3.5d-01-1-001 offsets http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=59360
    3.5c-01-1-031 offsets http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=56847
    Last edited by vancod; 05-22-2010 at 02:06 AM.

Well, I've looked around, and I found the thready you mention, and there are some instructions for patching 3.1.0b and 3.1.0c, but not (that I could find) for 3.1.0-01-1-011, which is what is on my Sister's TiVo. That rescue method sounds very intriguing. 'Any chance of digging it back up or pointing me towards it? I've asked Stan about maybe getting a copy of 3.1.0c.
    Last edited by lrhorer; 05-22-2010 at 02:09 AM.

Search on "UNSCRAMBLE.O" - insert, play streams you want to save, extract.

You could live with this without the offset (and recorded streams would NOT be encrypted), but you'd need to get the module to load on every boot...

EDIT - yeah - for your DTiVo the only solution is the "noscramble patch"
    Last edited by vancod; 05-22-2010 at 02:54 PM.

Thanks, vancod. I found unscramble.o and downloaded it. From reading a bit about it, I take it all that is required is to insmod the module and then run the first few seconds of each program to be unscrambled, and then I can extract with tserver? Unscramble.o is much older than tserver, so it is not surprising none of the references to it mention tserver, but if mfs_ftp can transfer the files, I would expect tserver could, as well.

Also, you are saying with unscramble.o loaded, the system won't scramble new recordings? I thought unscramble.o only allowed scrambled recordings to be transferred?

If all that is true, and unscramble.o works with 3.1.0-01-1-011, then maybe it's the best route. I don't mind hacking a kernel, but loading a module is a lot less hazardous, and it's no big deal at all to put an insmod statement into /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author.

I'm a bit fuzzy between the "unscramble.o" and the "noscramble.o" modules - I think the latter may be the only one that works "permanently" in making sure new recordings are OK.