Thread: Can "New Posts" be configured to work better?

Can "New Posts" be configured to work better?

Everyday I visit I like to start with "New Posts".

However, particularly as of late, "FISHINLADY" is always filling up the board with all these "Free Deals" I have no interest in seeing.

Its to the point where, at times, New Posts is no longer useful to me.

Is there a way to configure VBulletin to exclude particular forums from the new posts list?

I'd really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by chrised
    Everyday I visit I like to start with "New Posts".

However, particularly as of late, "FISHINLADY" is always filling up the board with all these "Free Deals" I have no interest in seeing.

Its to the point where, at times, New Posts is no longer useful to me.

Is there a way to configure VBulletin to exclude particular forums from the new posts list?

I'd really appreciate it.
    I started to post this myself until I saw this one. I looked through options and didn't see anything. +1 to exclude free deals from New Posts or to have the ability to configure it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonsJTD
    I started to post this myself until I saw this one. I looked through options and didn't see anything. +1 to exclude free deals from New Posts or to have the ability to configure it.
    Heh, although I stand by my request, I just considered the irony of this considering the sites name.

lol at least someone has caught on lol
    DealDatabase

try this

These links should only searh the "Category: NEW TiVo, DTiVo, Extraction FORUMS!" for the new and daily posts.
    New tivo posts only
    Tivo daily posts only
    You can drag the links to your desktop. You probably need to set the forum logon to "remember me" so it can check the time of your last visit. No warranty provided.

(In this case the answer to "The Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything" was 43.)