Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Reviving an old topic...

hey guys

I'm new around here, but pretty deep into the DAVE side of stuff.
    I just wanted to comment on the quote below:

That has been done before and some are still doing it...but that however does not offer any advantages (illegal or not).

The asic has to spit out the decryption keys for video.

Originally posted by BubbaJ
    by vanilla card I mean a 'virgin' H or HU, or a subbed one for that matter.. or a 'cleaned' one yada yada yada

That would NOT be the direction I want you to go with this.

By convince the IRD that it has a different card, I mean exactly that. What if the card has one number and the IRD thinks the card has a different number?

Question serial device

I am new here but not to hacking. Thought this thread was for looking for a dev for the card slot to talk to card with peetuu or some form of a ostrich.

another revive

This thread was discussing reading/writing to the DSS card from the linux OS on the dtivo. has anyone ever had any success?

It would be extremely useful to just be able to pull zkt/camid from a subbed p4 card.....

-OC

Re: another revive

Originally posted by opticalcarrier
    This thread was discussing reading/writing to the DSS card from the linux OS on the dtivo. has anyone ever had any success?

It would be extremely useful to just be able to pull zkt/camid from a subbed p4 card.....

-OC
    That's not a discussion for this board, take it elsewhere.

Actually you would want to look into the infamous 303 mod.

Dennis

actually

as I've said in the past,
    this seems to be the only open place for discussions of this sort...
    other forums boot people for discussing things like this, and I know a lot of people on this forum are involved in other dss related projects such as pitou, etc...
    there have been many posts about dtivo, and emulation, etc...

now, actual dss hacking as a topic can be discussed on forums, such as id-discussions, and atsdss, etc...
    but as this pertains specifically to the dtivo, this is the perfect place, as opposed to a tivo only forum.

If the mods do not want this discussed here, then they have been very laxed in the past on the topic.

im not talking about doing anything with the card. Im trying to determine if the linux OS does anything with the card at all.

Originally posted by opticalcarrier
    im not talking about doing anything with the card. Im trying to determine if the linux OS does anything with the card at all.
    Linux runs the Tivo. Tivo tunes IRD. Hence Linux talks to card. To what degree, well that's where we stop talking in public.