Thread: Sony T-60 and Maxtor 160GB

Sony T-60 and Maxtor 160GB

Has anyone gotten the ice 2.5 image to work on a Maxtor 160GB?

I have no problems with the factory 40GB but the 160GB just sits at the first bootup screen.

Is it a PROM issue with the large drive? I hope not!!

Computer reads it as 136GB i think. Whatever the limit is.

Does BlessTivo and other utils work on 2.5?

You can't tell me no one here knows anything about this?

When you complain about no one answering your question, it comes across as whining and unappreciative.

Instead, try investing the time to discover the answer yourself and then contribue the answer back to the board. That would be the right way to repay the thoughtfulness and hard efforts of all those here who have spent their time and energy conquering the really tough problems.

The answer to your question is if you are restoring the ice image to anything larger than the factory-sized drive (~40GB), the resulting copy will just reboot endlessly.

You can fix the problem by using directivomad on the restored image. This will also expand it to use the full drive. You have to use beta 4 of directivomad as the latest shipping release of tivomad will not work on directivo A drives. Here is an .iso of Kazymyr's boot disk with the right version on it:

http://www.trevor.heartfield.zen.co.uk/nuboot6.iso

Sorry to seem unappreciative, i am very appreciative, but I can say whining yes. Been fustrated having these drives and not being able to use them. I promise to keep the dumb questions to a minimal.

I do read as much as possible before I post. I will keep reading and mayby in a couple of months I will have a contribution to make. I take to these things fast.

Thanks again for taking the time tangee to answer the question. I do appreciate it. May your Tivo grow an extra drive and your subscription never fail!