Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: $15 DirecTV Tivo from DirecTV

Also got HDVR2
    HDVR2 - 300MB Fully Hacked mfs_ftp, MRV, Bufferhack, Superpatch, TiVoWebPlus, Hackman, tserver, Fake Call ..etc
    Samsung SD - SIR4120R 120MB Fully Hacked As Above and networked
    HR10-250 Not Yet Hacked - Waiting for Warranty to expire. But I'll probably hack it sooner!

Mine just came in via Fedex 02/20/06

It is a refurbed DSR7000/17

Thanks guys for pointing out this great deal!

Zac

Mine was waiting on my porch when I came home for lunch today. Not too bad since I ordered it Thursday. Phillips DSR7000 refurb. as well. Now I have something to keep me distracted this afternoon ... ! Thanks everyone for the heads up on this.

Matt
    Samsung SIR-S4040R ~ 160 gigs of 4.01b on RID goodness. (Too lazy to upgrade to 6.2)

DSR7000 - Hacked w/ 6.2 and all the goodies, but suffering from the GSOD ...

Thanks! I ordered mine yesterday!

I just received a refurbished DSR7000/17 as well. I hooked it up and the damn thing has one bad Sat. input. The question is, do I call DirecTV and let them know it is bad, or wait until the installer arrives on Friday and see what he will do for me then?

The answer depends on what you wish to accomplish. If you will be happy with an R10 or R15, wait for the installer. If you want to hack it, call DirecTV. Earlier in this thread someone reported he called DirecTV after receiving a DOA system and they sent him a replacement - didn't even want the dead one back.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

How to get the $15 DTivo deal

Has anyone had luck getting the $15 deal in the last couple of days? I tried to log into the DTV web page, but it keeps saying the site is temporarily unavailable. Been two days now. I tried calling their customer service and the agent was clueless about the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Flade
    Has anyone had luck getting the $15 deal in the last couple of days? I tried to log into the DTV web page, but it keeps saying the site is temporarily unavailable. Been two days now. I tried calling their customer service and the agent was clueless about the deal.
    I just tried it and was able to log in and view the offer without any problems.

PlainBill

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

$15 Offer

What link are you using?

I am going to the www.directv.com web page. I enter my user name and password. I get this message back:

"Our systems are temporarily unavailable. Please try again at a later time."

Quote Originally Posted by Flade
    What link are you using?

I am going to the www.directv.com web page. I enter my user name and password. I get this message back:

"Our systems are temporarily unavailable. Please try again at a later time."
    I just logged in to www.directv.com with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by whitepelican
    I just logged in to www.directv.com with no problems.
    Likewise.

PlainBill

Any idea what they expect to be activated?

Mine arrived today, a Phillips DSR7000. I'm still shocked they even let me order, considering I have 5 DVR's on my account already.

So, anyone know what they expect activated to meet the commitment? I suppose I'll have to drop one of my old units in order to activate this.

Do you suppose they are tracking the access card, receiver, or both?

I'm thinking of using the new access card in a non-subbed HDVR2 I have on hand, since I hate the exposed access card in the phillips.

btw, anyone try ordering this deal more than once?

Quote Originally Posted by chrised
    anyone try ordering this deal more than once?
    Yes. Didn't take. "You have already taken advantage of this special offer within the past 12 months" or something like that.

My recommendation is to activate the unit they sent you using the card they sent you just in case they are tracking stuff. Then wait a little while and deactivate which ever one you want to and move cards or whatever with the card. The only commitment you made was that you would activate the unit, not how long. I am going to swap a friend of mine my R10 for his refurb. My suggestion to him will be the same, active the unit he received and then wait a week, unsub the refurb. and activate the R10 I trade him. Why make waves or cause potential problems. I figure I'll pick my battles and for $4.99 for a month subscription it is just not worth any hassle it might cause. At one point I had 6 DTivos active plus a plain receiver active. They do not really seem to care how many are on the account.
    Just my two cents worth.
    The more you search, the more you find. The more you read, the more you may learn.
    It is just as important to know the things that DON'T work.

Attention Newbies -> Start with the document found HERE, I did.
    The opinions expressed in this post are based on my life experiences and may or may not reflect YOUR reality. Use the information provided at your own risk

6 - S2 - DTivos with a total of 1.1TB storage - Hacked, networked, etc

Has anyone actually gotten this deal in the last week or so? I don't mean just being able to view the offer, I mean actually completing the checkout process.

I get all the way to the end, and at the last step get a system error message. I've tried off and on for about a week now, with both IE and Firefox, and haven't gotten it to accept the order.