Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56

Thread: Service Hack W/25xtreme

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    8

    Service Hack W/25xtreme

    I have done the 25xtreme restore but my service is :2 not set up


    I did the service hack with Fixup02c.tcl

    Still : 002 not set up

    and when I call in it fails



    I edit in hdd7 & hdd9

    do i need to hack hdd4

    Thanks for the help in advance

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    3,108
    i beleive hdX4 is the active partition for the 25xtreme image after it is fully upgraded.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    out of space
    Posts
    1,880
    Did you modify TClient-lib.itcl?
    Do a search in the forum for pppaddr. You might need to add this file.

    Also get the Neutronflux step-by-step for v2.5 and look at the stepbystep file.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    3,108
    its easier than that with this oh so sweet hacked image. take a look at the TClient-lib.itcl.

    hint: you can make a file using the following command

    touch /pathto/MyFile

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    out of space
    Posts
    1,880
    touch didn't work for me (command not found).
    If that's the case for you just edit a new file, enter any character, save and chattr.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    90
    you might want to look for something that will fix sub

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Newport Beach, CA
    Posts
    17

    Dialing configuration...

    I am very new to this and would appreciate any assistance. I upgraded to 2.5Xtreme and I have a few questions:

    1. What do I need to do, "If anything", as far as the dialing goes.
    Tivo account status: "not set up, 2 days left." No dial tone etc.

    2.When I was upgrading to 2.5 it etimated my drives to be 140 and I clicked NO. It should be 120. It said it had all the information needed and continued to the end and it works. How can I verify total space?

    I have made a serial cable. If someone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. I am a Linux *****. Very strong with computer, dos, etc.

    Thank you for you assistance.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    185
    Originally posted by superzap
    touch didn't work for me (command not found).
    If that's the case for you just edit a new file, enter any character, save and chattr.
    "touch /dir/filename" *should* work 'cause I made sure to add "touch" to the /bin directory, just in case it was needed for some reason... ;o)

    -Surgeon-

    PS: And chattr is totally optional under 25Xtreme file changes, as the o/s doesn't clobber files anymore...
    Last edited by surgeon; 11-20-2001 at 12:20 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    185
    Originally posted by mrblack51
    its easier than that with this oh so sweet hacked image. take a look at the TClient-lib.itcl.

    hint: you can make a file using the following command

    touch /pathto/MyFile
    It's could also be insightful to do a "tail rc.sysinit"... At least, that's what I've heard...

    -Surgeon-
    Last edited by surgeon; 11-20-2001 at 12:33 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    185
    -ignore -- couldn't delete-
    Last edited by surgeon; 11-20-2001 at 12:31 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    out of space
    Posts
    1,880
    Originally posted by surgeon

    PS: And chattr is totally optional under 25Xtreme file changes, as the o/s doesn't clobber files anymore...
    Is this for v2.5 in general or just if you use the v2.5Xtreme build?
    Thanks

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    3,108
    chattr is not needed once you have a hacked version of 2.5, be it 25xtreme or a roll-your-own version. thats the main thing the hacks remove, besides faster bootups

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    out of space
    Posts
    1,880
    Originally posted by mrblack51
    chattr is not needed once you have a hacked version of 2.5, be it 25xtreme or a roll-your-own version. thats the main thing the hacks remove, besides faster bootups
    Ok thanks, if I understand this, you don't need a specific mod to not need chattr. It comes with BubbaJ's speed-boot prom and clearing the initrd, correct? Did TiVo just remove the immutable attribute checking or does the hack do that?
    Last edited by superzap; 11-20-2001 at 01:21 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    185
    Originally posted by superzap
    Ok thanks, if I understand this, you don't need a specific mod to not need chattr. It comes with BubbaJ's speed-boot prom and clearing the initrd, correct? Did TiVo just remove the immutable attribute checking or does the hack do that?
    The file checking was being done by the initrd. In v2.0 you could set the "imutable" bit and the checker would ignore that file since it couldn't replace it with an unaltered version. They tried to quell hacking all together in release 2.5, because if you set a file as "imutable" to protect it from be re-written with the original, the system would go in a "rebooting" loop until you removed the "imutable" flag and let it replace it.

    BubbaJ's "speedstart" prom fix then let me completely remove the initrd from the Linux kernel, hence now thate's no file checking at all...

    -Surgeon-

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    25
    I'm a little confused with 2.5Ext and the subscription fix.

    Do I have to complete these steps via the serial port or can i mount my drive using the tivo tools from before and edit the files that way?

    If you have to use the serial port, is pico enabled? I don't know vi.

    Thanks for any info u can provide.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •