Thread: tytool10r3 stuck at Create IFO Files/Dirs

tytool10r3 stuck at Create IFO Files/Dirs

I am using tytool10r3 to extract video from my TiVo series 1.
    I have become stuck when trying to create IFO Files and place them in a directory C:\TiVo\dvdiso. I have taken some screen shots to visually explain my predicament. The folder dvdiso doesn't seem to be available and creating a directory produces error messages. I have set the output directory to C:\TiVo . I can't think what I am doing wrong. see images

regards zircon

Do you actually have a directory called C:\Tivo with a subdirectory called dvdiso? TyTools can't create directories for you so simply typing in a string won't make them magically appear on your hard drive. I checked your linked web page showing your process. In figure 3, you show the Pick Directory window with just two dots in the window. Did you try double-clicking on the dots to show the contents of the next higher directory? If you had created the directories as indicated you should then be able to navigate to them by selecting the appropriate item inside the window.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Thank you for your prompt reply. I thoughts those dots indicated that something was missing. I understand now and should be ok for the next step.

Yeah, the problem is the little square after the C:\. Been in there for a long time....maybe since the beginning. That's why it won't let you create a new directory also--can't create a subdirectory under a directory that isn't there.

ew