Thread: executing fixup02c

executing fixup02c

I have a subbed phillips 6000 running 2.5 running on an emulator. I have performed the 2.5 Software Hack as detailed by Neutronflux. However, the hack isn't working. After forcing a call, it still shows Failed.

I think I narrowed it down to fixup02c.tcl not executing. I have tried to execute fixup02c at the bash prompt and get the error: "file or directory not found". I tried:

exec /var/tmp/fixup02c.tcl
    exec /mnt/var/tmp/fixup02c.tcl

I loaded fixup02c.tcl using:

cp fixup02c.tcl /mnt/tivodrivevar/tmp
    chmod +x fixup02c.tcl
    chattr +i fixup02c.tcl

Any suggestions? I'm a bean counter - which means I know enough to be dangerous but not enough to be proficient. Thanks!

You didn't specify, so I'll go ahead and ask. You are trying to execute fixup02c from a bash prompt on the TiVo, right? Do you know where fixup is located? You list like 3 different paths, so I'm assuming some of them are paths where the TiVo drive is mounted in a PC under /mnt/x. You cannot run fixup manually unless you have a TiVo bash prompt.

A few things to look for. If when you try to force a daily call with a modified TClient-lib, does it update the last successful call in the System Info. If it does, but still says it failed, the problem is usually a missing /var/tmp/pppaddr. Use the command 'touch /var/tmp/pppaddr' to create this file. Go ahead and chattr +i /var/tmp/pppaddr so nothing deletes this later on.

If it doesn't update the System Info screen, the script is not running and you should check TClient-lib for proper execution of fixup. Make sure it is where you say it is. Make sure it doesn't have the dreaded '^M's that most windows text editors insert. (In the fixup script, or TClient-lib) If you do have a TiVo bash prompt, try executing it from the command line.

/var/tmp/fixup02c.tcl (if that's where it is)

You probably need to add the pppaddr file like Formula has mentioned. You don't need to chattr with v2.5. This step seems to be missing from Neutronflux's stepbystep.
    See these threads to see how to and why.
    http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showth...&threadid=4484
    http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showth...&threadid=4635
    http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showth...&threadid=4692
    Last edited by superzap; 11-23-2001 at 03:14 PM.

do not use the fixup02c file.. just use the

/tvbin/fixsub.tcl file.. this file along with pppaddr solved my problem.

I did a search for fixsub.tcl and nothing showed up.

Care to share your copy with us?

fixup02c.tcl

Formula, can you post up that touch command? I totally didn't know about that - you're right, it's not in the how to -- I had trouble getting the fixup to run automagically.

Neutron

So is all we have to do is create a blank file for pppaddr? I sub but don't have a phone line in the room where I want to put the Tivo and would be nice to still have all the functions! Thanks
    Last edited by Hoochster; 11-25-2001 at 10:04 PM.
    Hoochster