Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Lost Network Connectivity

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39

    Lost Network Connectivity

    My DSR7000 won't connect to tytool or tivoweb anymore. It has been working great and it just stopped. I Zippered it originally and have since pulled the HDD and Zippered it again. I can Telnet to it and that's it. here's a copy of my telnet session:

    S2-bash# cd /hacks
    S2-bash# sh tweak.sh
    Enhancements directory detected. Run the uninstall script first. Exiting...
    S2-bash# ls
    mfs_network superpatch-67all-NutKase-1.1.tcl
    network.tcl tweak.sh
    set_mrv_name_67.tcl tweak_uninstall.sh

    S2-bash# tweak_uninstall.sh
    Removing directories and files...
    skipping TWP uninstall...
    Skipping cron uninstall...
    Skipping CallerID uninstall...
    Skipping fakecall restore...
    Skipping USB 2.0 driver restore...
    No bakup profile found, skipping profile restore...
    Restoring original rc.sysinit.author file
    mv: rc.sysinit.author.bak: No such file or directory
    No backup splash screen found, skipping splash restore...
    Done!

    S2-bash# sh tweak.sh
    mv: /hacks/rbautch_files.tgz: No such file or directory
    chmod: /enhancements/rbautch_files.tgz: No such file or directory

    Running rbautch Hacked Tivo Enhancements...
    tar: /enhancements/rbautch_files.tgz: No such file or directory
    Do you want to run the "express" version (for advanced users)? [y/n]: n
    tweak.sh: /enhancements/start.sh: No such file or directory
    Do you want to continue? [y/n]: y

    S2-bash#

    It keeps asking if I want to continue and when I answer yes it goes back to the prompt. I have tried the search button and everything I know to do. Any suggestions I can try ?
    Thanks
    Sony T-60 - 3.1.0
    Philips DSR7000 - 6.2

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rochester, MN 10mi N of the Big Corn
    Posts
    236
    I think you need to go ask questions over at tivocommunity fourm or the zipper wiki (where you got zipper from). The authors ASK YOU NOT TO POST QUESTIONS here. Based on the log it looks like one of the scripts is failing. Sudden network failure is a symptom of hacks getting whacked by Tivo / DTV.
    The more you search, the more you find. The more you read, the more you may learn.
    It is just as important to know the things that DON'T work.

    Attention Newbies -> Start with the document found HERE, I did.
    The opinions expressed in this post are based on my life experiences and may or may not reflect YOUR reality. Use the information provided at your own risk

    6 - S2 - DTivos with a total of 1.1TB storage - Hacked, networked, etc

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    379
    /me bangs head on desk
    Sorry DDB for yet another ID10T who can't follow the simple request of keeping the Zipper outta here.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39
    I had no idea I wasn't suppose to post zippered questions on this forum. I hope you feel a little better for calling me an ID10T. Don't you think I would have refrained from posting if I knew that. You people shouldn't suppose everyone sits on here and reads every post that has ever been posted.
    Thanks for all the help
    Sony T-60 - 3.1.0
    Philips DSR7000 - 6.2

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by TivoBlues
    I had no idea I wasn't suppose to post zippered questions on this forum. I hope you feel a little better for calling me an ID10T. Don't you think I would have refrained from posting if I knew that. You people shouldn't suppose everyone sits on here and reads every post that has ever been posted.
    Thanks for all the help
    No idea!!!!!???? It is freaking posted at the top of the damn instructions you used to do it (and in red if I'm not mistaken). And as far as I am concerned I think Gunny was kind calling you a ID10T I would've called you an *****.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rochester, MN 10mi N of the Big Corn
    Posts
    236
    Gunnyman, Here is an idea. How about making the first prompt in the script the question "Where I'm I never to post questions about zipper?" (I'm sure the grammar needs to be fixed). If they cannot answer the question correctly, then they do not get to proceed.
    The more you search, the more you find. The more you read, the more you may learn.
    It is just as important to know the things that DON'T work.

    Attention Newbies -> Start with the document found HERE, I did.
    The opinions expressed in this post are based on my life experiences and may or may not reflect YOUR reality. Use the information provided at your own risk

    6 - S2 - DTivos with a total of 1.1TB storage - Hacked, networked, etc

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by TivoBlues
    I had no idea I wasn't suppose to post zippered questions on this forum. I hope you feel a little better for calling me an ID10T. Don't you think I would have refrained from posting if I knew that. You people shouldn't suppose everyone sits on here and reads every post that has ever been posted.
    Thanks for all the help
    I think he has every right to call you an ID10T. He IS one of the creators of it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by dewalt
    I think he has every right to call you an ID10T. He IS one of the creators of it.
    So he wrote a script, whoopie dee phreakin do, calling somebody any ID10T is rude. Not everyones so perfect as you that they read every sentence of every piece of documentation of every piece of software that they ever use.
    Last edited by ocntscha; 03-27-2006 at 06:42 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    379
    even when it's the 1st one?
    And yes it was rude but then going against my wishes was rude as well.
    I'm not usually like that by the way, everyone has a bad day now and then.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnyman
    even when it's the 1st one?
    And yes it was rude but then going against my wishes was rude as well.
    I'm not usually like that by the way, everyone has a bad day now and then.
    I'm not trying to disparage your script in any way, congratulations on that, an excellent piece of work. I just wish this forum wasn't so full of fruitcakes (yes, I'm being rude and I'm not apologizing ) that you've resorted to shielding your users by asking them not to come here.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    5,601
    Quote Originally Posted by ocntscha
    I'm not trying to disparage your script in any way, congratulations on that, an excellent piece of work. I just wish this forum wasn't so full of fruitcakes (yes, I'm being rude and I'm not apologizing ) that you've resorted to shielding your users by asking them not to come here.
    Strange. I was under the impression he was shielding US from the users of his tool. Let's face it, TivoBlues isn't one of the sharper knives in the drawer. Do we REALLY need another "I made a change to my TiVo. It gave some kind of an error message and now it won't work right. What did I do wrong?" thread?

    PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

    "You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

    HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by PlainBill
    Strange. I was under the impression he was shielding US from the users of his tool. Let's face it, TivoBlues isn't one of the sharper knives in the drawer.
    I don't share your impression whatsoever. That might be way you've spun it for yourself but I believe the reality of the situation is he's attempting to shield his users from asinine comments like the one I've just quoted.
    Quote Originally Posted by PlainBill
    Do we REALLY need another "I made a change to my TiVo. It gave some kind of an error message and now it won't work right. What did I do wrong?" thread?
    As long as there are people asking those questions and other people willing to answer then I say yes we do need that thread.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by ocntscha
    As long as there are people asking those questions and other people willing to answer then I say yes we do need that thread.
    Yeah, that thread is over at TCF. Our community here is not for people looking for scripts and easy way outs.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by dewalt
    Yeah, that thread is over at TCF. Our community here is not for people looking for scripts and easy way outs.
    Dude, I'm quite sure your whole Tivo hacking endeavor has been nothing but scripts and easy way outs. Did you actually dissassemble your kernel and figure out how to exploit it yourself? Did you write and/or compile all the utilities you are using? Did you compile even one? I suppose you've written your own equivalents to TivoWebplus, Superpatch, so on and so forth from the ground up. Or was it all scripts like Superpatch, sets of instructions, compilations of utilities, original software, all the easy way outs, handed over freely to your grubby out streched mits. When it came to your Tivo getting hacked the reality of it is that you personally did nothing but the easy parts.

    Here's the deal, there are developers capable of making things even easier than the level of ease you and Bill found acceptable and required, and there are users who appreciate having it made easier and/or require it be easier. Now as far as what this community is for, I can tell you what its not here for, its not here for you and Bill to draw your own personal line delineating acceptably easy and too easy and trying to impose it upon the rest.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    5,601
    Quote Originally Posted by ocntscha
    Here's the deal, there are developers capable of making things even easier than the level of ease you and Bill found acceptable and required, and there are users who appreciate having it made easier and/or require it be easier. Now as far as what this community is for, I can tell you what its not here for, its not here for you and Bill to draw your own personal line delineating acceptably easy and too easy and trying to impose it upon the rest.
    Strange, I was under the impression that neither myself, Dewalt, or you had any say in what was acceptable or not. This issue has been debated at length in the past, and the powers that be have made it quite clear that tools such as Sleeper, or step by step guides are not appreciated. Yet you claim that is no longer the case. Obviously, either JJBliss has resigned and Vadim put you in charge, or you're another wannabe with exaggerated ideas of his own importance.

    PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

    "You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

    HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •