Thread: Help with Unscramble on DTV 3.1.1e-01-2-351

Help with Unscramble on DTV 3.1.1e-01-2-351

Can someone please tell me how I can setup my Tivo so that it wont scramble my video so that I can transfer unencrypted video to my pc? I have looked everywhere. I can't find the proper hack to do it. I purchased the software from ptvupgrade but it didn't include the noscramble hack.

Please help. Frustrated. Been through all the messages!

Thanks!!!!

First of all, you've posted in an inappropriate forum. Secondly, if you had read any of the stickys in the newbie or extraction forums you would have found the answers to your questions. Had you actually "been through all the messages" you would be overwhelmed with info on the very topic you seek. I'd recommend you start by looking in the newbie forum and read through the sticky threads there, especially the one containing links to all of the newbie guides. Hint: there's a thread in the extraction forum that addresses this very hack. It's not a sticky but I found it on the 2nd page of the forum listing just by scrolling down the page and using my eyes.

Mods, please move this to the appropriate forum (like I really have to ask ).
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Thank you for your help!

Moved to Newbie

Just bought 6.2 from ptvupgrade since I can't get 3.1.5 to work

I wish someone could have helped me with unscamble, kmem, or what ever else
    to get extraction to work correctly. I have searched and searched and couldn't find anything that would be compatible with that version. Maybe 6.2 will be easier.

Thanks guys. This is a great board. Learned a lot here, but unfortunately not what I needed lately.

you will be much happier with 6.2 anyway.

I'm not so sure. If he really means 3.1.5...that's the HR10-250. 6.2 ain't gonna fly.

EDIT: Of course, had I bothered to read the thread title, I would've seen the 3.1.1e remark.

To the OP: there is a thread entitled "How to disable tystream encryption to enable extraction" or somesuch. That thread has all of the Tivoapp patches. I am reasonably sure (but not 100% and I'm too lazy to go look) that it has 3.1.1e in the list.

Having said that, if you do go to 6.2, you can just use the superpatch.
    Last edited by cheer; 03-29-2006 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Because I'm a bonehead.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

For whatever reasons, AlphaWolf has removed the patches for older software versions from the thread. As Gunnyman indicated, 6.2 is the way to go anyway.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

Quote Originally Posted by PlainBill
    For whatever reasons, AlphaWolf has removed the patches for older software versions from the thread.
    Posts can only be so large before the forum software denies your edits.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf
    Posts can only be so large before the forum software denies your edits.
    Would it be possible to add the obsolescent patches to another post in the same thread and add a pointer to it in the first post?

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.