Thread: DSR 6000 keeps rebooting

DSR 6000 keeps rebooting

Hello All,

I upgraded my Tivo about 3 years ago and it has been working great....up until yesterday. It reboots itself every 5-10 min and goes through the whole initializing screan fine and then it aquires the satellite signal fine and then I can watch TV (live) for about 5 min and then it reboots again.

I left the Tivo unplugged last night and just replugged it in and the same thing is happening.

Do you guys think it is the power supply, hard drive, or something else?

Thanks for the help.

There's a sticky thread with troubleshooting tips in the hardware forum that addresses this issue.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Thanks Captain Video. Is this the thread you were refering to:
    http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=31978

I need the help topic in section 4-c and i don't see that section answered. Did i miss it?

Thanks again

also if it is only rebooting every 10 minutes in the morn and eventually stablizes check for orphaned season passes... ie remove and readd them or use backup restore module which tells you which ones are orphaned

Well I pulled out all of the ribbon cables, cleaned them and reseated them and so far so good. I hope that was the problem.

Thanks for the help.

Chances are that was it. The ribbon cable between the power supply and mainboard is notorious for causing all sorts of problems.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!