Thread: Features

Features

I have a Direct TV Receiver. Their are some features that I wish it had. So I thought I would ask what features eery body wanted in a TiVo receiver. Maybe somebody who counts will see these features and with any luke we might see them one day. These are some of the ones I would like to see.

*a play all option when you have more than one episode of a show (like on some DVD's)
    *being able to select nd delete multipe episodes with one press of a button
    *being able to record by time and channel (just like a VCR)
    *set a season pass to record on one channel (This would b great for sports)

My VCR has a commercial skip option. When you record a program, after the recording is complete the VCR automatically rewinds and goes back though and marks the commercials. When you play back the recording the VCR will fast forward though the commercials. This is not perfect but works pretty well for the most part.

I think you can do most of that stuff with a hacked DTiVo. Don't know what receiver you have, but some of it can be done with any DTiVo (manual recordings by time an channel and season pass, for instance). Don't know about the R15s, but if you have a DTiVo Receiver you can make a queue for playing back multiple recordings with a script and the ND multiple episodes can be done with mfs_ftp.

ew

I have the R10 which I hav been told is very difficult to hack. From what I understand you have to desolder and replace and resolder a moded chip. I can solder but not that well.

I don't understand your third and fourth points. Season passes are channel-specific, and recording by time and channel has always been an option.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla1886
    I have the R10 which I hav been told is very difficult to hack. From what I understand you have to desolder and replace and resolder a moded chip. I can solder but not that well.
    It's tough but not impossible. If you put in a PLCC32 socket you can re-use the original Tivo PROM until you can get a replacement. Once you get the socket, your option expand tremendously.