Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: using VDub-MPEG2, audio out of sync.

35 using VDub-MPEG2, audio out of sync.

ORIGINAL:
    I was wondering if anyone has tried this and ran into the same issue as I and have a solution.

I'm using tytools10r4 in 'multiplex mode' to pull the videos from the tivo onto my PC. Then I use VirtualDub-MPEG2 1.6.11 to compress the video with Divx 6.0 codec and audio MPEG Layer 3. What happens is that the audio gets out of sync with the video a few minutes into the show. When I play uncompressed mpeg2 everything is fine.

Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.
    ********************************************************************************

UPDATE:
    These methods worked for me:
    Method #1:
    Encode your mpeg2 with PocketDivXEncoder.
    PRO: Easy to use.
    CON: Still can't use vdub to encode.

Method #2:
    Run your mpeg2 through VideoReDo Plus, then encode with vdub.
    CON: VideoReDo Plus cost $50.
    Last edited by Offspring2099; 06-10-2006 at 09:39 PM.
    S3 / TCD648250b - Socketed
    Audio out of sync

If you're already using VirtualDub, have you given Auto Gordian Knot (AutoGK) a try? I've been using AutoGK for making xvid video (similar MP4 compression as DivX) for tivoserver and it's been working out very well.

thx, just checked out AutoGK, looks pretty nice and simple. If you dont mind sharing what do you use Xvid or Divx. And what do you set your 'Target quality in percentage' to? Thanks again.
    Audio out of sync

hmmmmm audio was still out of sync with auto gordian
    Audio out of sync

Quote Originally Posted by Offspring2099
    thx, just checked out AutoGK, looks pretty nice and simple. If you dont mind sharing what do you use Xvid or Divx. And what do you set your 'Target quality in percentage' to? Thanks again.
    I usually set my output based upon size, like 300MB for every half-hour or so (A 60-minute show would be around 600MB, and a 90-minute movie would be 900MB). I have audio locked at 224kb but in my readings I believe tivoserver converts them to 192kb anyway. Mostly I use AutoGK for compressing my (ripped) DVD videos to Xvid for tivoserver.

Here is a really old thread about TyTools having sync issues. I don't know how applicable it is with v10r4 but you need to figure out where the sync in actually being corrupted. I suspect sync is being lost by the Tivo itself as it tries to split the video and audio and send it seperately. One solution is to try downloading in TY mode and then splitting (demuxing) the audio from the video.

Ok, I got the file in tystream. Did that. Now, is 'splitting (demuxing)' in tytools is that 'File -> Process: -> Split Multiplex File(s) ??? I dont see demuxing as an option. And if I do that I get a ty.mpg. Is that it? Thanks for all the help.
    Audio out of sync

I've split the tystream to a m2v and mpa file. While doing so tytools seemed to fill audio holes, (I attached the output file). Then I muxed the two files together with TMPGEnc or tmpeg. I get the same results, the video seems to be insync, but after 30 minutes an on it gets more and more out of sync.
    Audio out of sync

Instead of splitting and remuxing, have you considered just converting from .ty to .mpg and then processing with AutoGK, or Gordian Knot or somesuch?

I myself don't use Vdub-MPEG. You might try using an avisynth script with plain ol' Vdub. You can use DGIndex to create a D2V project file, then use MPEG2Source() in your avisynth script...
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Well I've just done an hour of video with no problems.

Are you changing the audio frequency from 48KHz?

I'm not sure, I've tried every possible variation in settings (I think) in tytools. This is really frustrating. Could you please list your options when you get the tystream.

I've tried AutoGK as it was mentioned by a few ppl here (Narf and Cheer) but that had the same result. I have not tried avisynth yet, I need to read up on that.

I'm bummed that this is the part I'm stuck on. When I get home I'll see what audio options I have used.
    Audio out of sync

You might try using an avisynth script with plain ol' Vdub.
    Tried that, didn't work. I don't know if its just my Tivo, Vdub or I'm retarded.
    Audio out of sync

Dumb question -- in TyTool, do you have "patch audio holes" and "patch AC3 holes" checked?
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Quote Originally Posted by cheer
    Dumb question -- in TyTool, do you have "patch audio holes" and "patch AC3 holes" checked?
    "patch audio holes" - is always checked.
    "patch AC3 holes" - I have tried, both checked and uncheck. But the default always resets to unchecked, when I start tytools. wierd.

Here is a txt of where the audio holes are filled. Or at least that's what I think is happening.

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/at...0&d=1146295851
    Audio out of sync

Hmmmm. Yes, the audio holes are being fulled.

I'm not sure what to tell you. I do this almost daily without issue. (And the fact that the patch AC3 holes checkbox won't stick is a know issue, btw...next version should fix that.)

My TyTool is in the middle of downloading about 30gb of HD streams right now, but when it finishes I'll check what my options are and post 'em.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer

Great thx, cause I'm about to stab myself.
    Audio out of sync