Thread: Pc Thinks Its A Tivo

Pc Thinks Its A Tivo

Is There A Way To Make A Pc Think It Is A Tivo, So I Can Store Movies And Tv Shows On It And Pull Them Off Using The Nowplaying List Of The Tivo. I Know You Can Do This With Hmo But I Have Hacked Directivos And This Is Not A Option. In Theory I Want To Use A Pc As A Media Server To Store Dvds And Want To Pull Them Off And Watch Them When I Want

First, don't capitalize every word; it's very annoying.

You say you know you can do this with HMO, but that you have hacked DirecTivos and this is not an option. Why is it not an option?

In any case, if you have S2 DirecTivos and are running 4.x or higher, you can use tivoserver. Search the forum for it.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

My idea

It is possible to veiw movies stored on a pc on a tivo using HMO but I can't get a media access key to do the transfers on dtivo 6.2. Ideally i would like to install linux on a pc install movies on it and make my tivos think it is a tivo so i could pull the movies to my tivo when i want to watch them.

You don't need the media access keys. Just make sure your DirecTivo doesn't phone home and run the latest superpatch.

Then run tivoserver on a PC and you're set. It will show up as a Tivo in the Now Playing list.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

I can veiw my pics and mp3s on my tivo from my tivodesktop software and i can veiw my tivos on each other. I cant get the tivo desktop to see the tivos on the network
    4 hacked Hdvr2's
    And trying to make a server to run tivoserver and hmo
    and allow remote streaming

You're not paying attention. Tivo desktop has nothing to do with this. Run tivoserver on the PC.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer