Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: ffmpeg with MPEG to TY+ encoding support

Is there any chance the patch can be updated to apply to a more recent svn revision of ffmpeg?

There seems to be a bug in ffmpeg rev. 6543 that has since been fixed. If I try encoding a file with blank video (just plain black frames), but with audio then the output is severely truncated (from 30 mins down to 7 secs). It's not a ty issue as it happens with mpg being the destination format as well. The problem also appears on regular videos: a few seconds from the start and end get cut off, presumably because of the black frames at the start and end of the video. I tested with a rev 7165 build and the problem was no longer there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlight View Post
    It would be cool if this ffmpeg could directly generate the tmf file but I'm happy with all the hard work that's been put into this already.
    I saved that part for Jamie since he volunteered. Or maybe someone else wants to do it, it shouldn't be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by joeybubbabob View Post
    Is there any chance the patch can be updated to apply to a more recent svn revision of ffmpeg?
    Go ahead and do the merge and post the results (preferably with linux&windows binaries); I have my hands full with tytompg.

Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    Go ahead and do the merge and post the results (preferably with linux&windows binaries); I have my hands full with tytompg.
    I've made a patch that applies to the current ffmpeg svn, it compiles and runs fine but it spits out
    Compiler did not align stack variables. Libavcodec has been miscompiled and may be very slow or crash. This is not a bug in libavcodec, but in the compiler. Do not report crashes to FFmpeg developers.
    whenever you run it. I'm told that using gcc 4.1 and up will fix this message, which I do not have.

Apply the patch with "patch -p2 < ffmpeg-diffs-1.6.txt".

The patch also includes a different fix for the llrint problem: I added this small implementation of llrint.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by joeybubbabob; 12-16-2006 at 06:01 PM. Reason: add note about applying the patch

Hey, I tried your patch and got:
    Code:
    [dre@localhost ffmpeg]$ patch -p2 < ffmpeg-diffs-1.6.txt
    patching file config.h
    patching file ffmpeg.c
    patching file libavcodec/mpegaudiodec.c
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n] n
    Apply anyway? [n] y
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 295.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file libavcodec/mpegaudiodec.c.rej
    patching file libavformat/Makefile
    patching file libavformat/allformats.c
    patching file libavformat/allformats.h
    patching file libavformat/file.c
    patching file libavformat/mpeg.c
    patching file libavformat/mpeg.h
    patching file libavformat/ty-enc.c
    patching file libavformat/ty.c
    patching file libavformat/tydefs.h
    patching file libavformat/tyexterns.h
    patching file libavformat/tymaster.c
    patching file libavformat/tyos.h
    patching file libavformat/typrotocol.h
    patching file libavformat/tyutils.c
    patching file libavformat/utils.c
    patching file libavformat/xmladd.c
    did I do something wrong? also, I had to run the configure script first with this patch or I would get another error about config.h missing. (the instructions in the first post say to run the patch first.)

deleted the folder, checked out the latest svn (7323) again, ran configure, and said yes this time. i started compiling it.. got a lot of warnings (way too many to list... I'll have to increase my scrollback,) it stopped here:
    Code:
    gcc -L"/home/dre/Desktop/tyffmpeg/ffmpeg"/libavformat -L"/home/dre/Desktop/tyffmpeg/ffmpeg"/libavcodec -L"/home/dre/Desktop/tyffmpeg/ffmpeg"/libavutil -Wl,--warn-common  -rdynamic -export-dynamic -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-rpath-link,"/home/dre/Desktop/tyffmpeg/ffmpeg"/libavcodec -Wl,-rpath-link,"/home/dre/Desktop/tyffmpeg/ffmpeg"/libavformat -Wl,-rpath-link,"/home/dre/Desktop/tyffmpeg/ffmpeg"/libavutil -g -o ffmpeg_g ffmpeg.o cmdutils.o -lavformat -lavcodec -lavutil -lm -ldl
    ffmpeg.o: In function `opt_input_xml':
    /home/dre/Desktop/tyffmpeg/ffmpeg/ffmpeg.c:2563: undefined reference to `xml_buf'
    /home/dre/Desktop/tyffmpeg/ffmpeg/ffmpeg.c:2568: undefined reference to `xml_size'
    /home/dre/Desktop/tyffmpeg/ffmpeg/libavformat/libavformat.a(allformats.o): In function `av_register_all':
    /home/dre/Desktop/tyffmpeg/ffmpeg/libavformat/allformats.c:113: undefined reference to `mpegty_muxer'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [ffmpeg_g] Error 1
    This is on FC6 / gcc version 4.1.1 20061011 (Red Hat 4.1.1-30)
    Last edited by drez; 12-16-2006 at 06:49 PM.

Sorry about that, I'm new to this patching process.

Here is a new patch and instructions to patch and build.

1. svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk ffmpeg
    If the patch does not apply cleanly to the current svn, then checkout revision 7323 with the command line
    svn checkout -r 7323 svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk ffmpeg

2. cd ffmpeg

3. patch -p2 < ffmpeg-diffs-1.6a.txt

4. ./configure --enable-gpl --enable-a52 --disable-v4l --disable-dv1394 --disable-ffplay --disable-ffserver --enable-avisynth

5. make

6. make install

The patch worked fine with r7328. I compiled it in FC6.

I had to drop --enable-avisynth because you can only use that option when building in Cygwin/MinGW.

I'm going to try MinGW once I reboot into XP. If that fails, I'll try Cygwin..

Drez - New binary doesn't work on FC4 box that the 1.5 version did work on.

Code:
    $ ./ffmpeg-ty -h
    Floating point exception
    --
    Lowlight
    Philips DSR7000 - 120GB, encryption off, 6.2 DTivo, tivowebplus, endpadplus, vserver, MRV, HMO
    Hughes SDVR40 - 300GB, encryption off, 6.2 DTivo, tivowebplus, endpadplus, vserver, MRV, HMO
    Hughes HR10-250 250GB, encryption off, 6.3c, tivowebplus 1.4, endpadplus, vserver, mfs_ftp, HME on

and I use tivotool.linux.pl for extraction and tivoserver for MRV reinsertion

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlight View Post
    Drez - New binary doesn't work on FC4 box that the 1.5 version did work on.

Code:
    $ ./ffmpeg-ty -h
    Floating point exception
    It seems to be an issue with FC6 having a newer glibc. Somebody will have to compile it in an older environment.

http://www.x-tend.be/~raskas/blog/20...0/perl-binary/
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=141402

Quote Originally Posted by drez View Post
    I'm going to try MinGW once I reboot into XP. If that fails, I'll try Cygwin..
    Regular ffmpeg compiled fine in MinGW but ty-ffmpeg would fail on ty-enc.o.... So I tried Cygwin.

Like joeybubbabob mentioned, if you didn't compile ffmpeg in GCC 4.1.1+, you'd get a "Compiler did not align stack variables" warning when you ran ffmpeg (ffmpeg would work correctly with that error though.)

So I looked for GCC 4.1.1 for Cygwin... After trying to compile gcc 4.1.1 myself, I eventually found this: http://www.generic-programming.org/s...C/download.php. It has a regular GCC 4.1.1 Cygwin binary and its own variant of GCC, ConceptGCC.

I've attached a Cygwin binary of ty-ffmpeg 1.6 (r7329) and the latest Cygwin DLLs (cygwin1.dll and cygz.dll).
    Last edited by drez; 12-18-2006 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drez View Post
    It seems to be an issue with FC6 having a newer glibc. Somebody will have to compile it in an older environment.
    Code:
    $ ./ffmpeg-ty-1.5 --version
    FFmpeg version SVN-r6543, Copyright (c) 2000-2006 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
      configuration:  --enable-gpl --enable-a52 --disable-v4l --disable-dv1394 --disable-ffplay --disable-ffserver
      libavutil version: 49.0.1
      libavcodec version: 51.16.0
      libavformat version: 50.5.0
      built on Oct  5 2006 21:38:15, gcc: 4.1.0 20060304 (Red Hat 4.1.0-3)
    ./ffmpeg-ty-1.5: missing argument for option '--version'

$ ./ffmpeg-ty-1.6 --version
    Floating point exception

$ ./ffmpeg-ty-1.6b --version
    FFmpeg version SVN-r7332, Copyright (c) 2000-2006 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
      configuration:  --enable-gpl --enable-a52 --disable-v4l --disable-dv1394 --disable-ffplay --disable-ffserver
      libavutil version: 49.1.0
      libavcodec version: 51.27.0
      libavformat version: 51.6.0
      built on Dec 18 2006 18:11:36, gcc: 4.0.2 20051125 (Red Hat 4.0.2-8)
    ./ffmpeg-ty-1.6b: missing argument for option '--version'
    Ok I built an new version on FC4 from SVN-r7332. Hope this helps.
    --
    Lowlight
    Philips DSR7000 - 120GB, encryption off, 6.2 DTivo, tivowebplus, endpadplus, vserver, MRV, HMO
    Hughes SDVR40 - 300GB, encryption off, 6.2 DTivo, tivowebplus, endpadplus, vserver, MRV, HMO
    Hughes HR10-250 250GB, encryption off, 6.3c, tivowebplus 1.4, endpadplus, vserver, mfs_ftp, HME on

I recompiled the linux version with --enable-pthreads but haven't had a chance to test it so I will wait to upload that until it's tested. I figured those of us with SMP/dualcore systems would like to have pthreads. I would also like to try to get AAC support compiled in to make transcoding quicktime movie trailers possible without having to first run it through my non-ty ffmpeg.
    --
    Lowlight

usage?

What would be the command line usage to convert ty to dvd using ffmpeg-ty? I tried:

ffmpeg-ty-1.6b -i myshow.ty -target dvd myshow.mpg

but I get:

FFmpeg version SVN-r7332, Copyright (c) 2000-2006 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
    configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-a52 --disable-v4l --disable-dv1394 --disable-ffplay --disable-ffserver
    libavutil version: 49.1.0
    libavcodec version: 51.27.0
    libavformat version: 51.6.0
    built on Dec 18 2006 18:11:36, gcc: 4.0.2 20051125 (Red Hat 4.0.2-8)
    myshow.ty: could not find codec parameters

Quote Originally Posted by slseed View Post
    What would be the command line usage to convert ty to dvd using ffmpeg-ty? I tried: ...
    ty enabled ffmpeg can encode ty files, not decode them. I think you want tytompg.

Dang.

gcc -L./libavformat -L./libavcodec -L./libavutil -Wl,--warn-common -rdynamic -export-dynamic -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-rpath-link,/home/dan/ffmpeg/libavcodec -Wl,-rpath-link,/home/dan/ffmpeg/libavformat -Wl,-rpath-link,/home/dan/ffmpeg/libavutil -g -o ffmpeg_g ffmpeg.o cmdutils.o -lavformat -lavcodec -lavutil -lm -lz -ldl
    /home/dan/ffmpeg/ffmpeg.c:2580: undefined reference to `xml_buf'
    /home/dan/ffmpeg/ffmpeg.c:2585: undefined reference to `xml_size'

Quote Originally Posted by helpdeskdan View Post
    Dang.

gcc -L./libavformat -L./libavcodec -L./libavutil -Wl,--warn-common -rdynamic -export-dynamic -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-rpath-link,/home/dan/ffmpeg/libavcodec -Wl,-rpath-link,/home/dan/ffmpeg/libavformat -Wl,-rpath-link,/home/dan/ffmpeg/libavutil -g -o ffmpeg_g ffmpeg.o cmdutils.o -lavformat -lavcodec -lavutil -lm -lz -ldl
    /home/dan/ffmpeg/ffmpeg.c:2580: undefined reference to `xml_buf'
    /home/dan/ffmpeg/ffmpeg.c:2585: undefined reference to `xml_size'
    I remember coming across this before, but don't recall what the problem was. If you could post the steps that you followed to produce this error I could probably figure it out (the patch file you used, the patch command you used, the svn revision you used, etc).