Thread: Using Modem Serial Channel for BASH

27 Using Modem Serial Channel for BASH

I would like to keep a serial channel open for BASH AND keep my DSS direct connection to the serial port. I will be taking my updates via PPP so the modem chanel will not be needed any further.

In reviewing the datasheets for the modem chip it looks like it is a standard serial interface. I am very hardware savy and can find these signals and convert them to RS232 Levels easily.

Has anyone tried using the modem serial port for anything else? I think there are a bunch of you that would like to regain the direct serial connection to the DSS via this method.

I can do the hardware and Doc it, if someone out there can do the scripting in the software.

Attention 9th Tee, Here might be a new product for you!

Jeff

Cool C'mon Guys how about some help

I know someone out there can help on this. Would a extra serial port not be helpful to anyone?

I will do the hardware and doc it, I need someone to do a step by step software hack.

Thankx
    Jmayes

I don't know what help I would be but I would be highly interested in having both ports! I have a DirecTivo system but I would assume the ports would be the same hardware wise.
    Thanks
    Hoochster