Thread: Tivo Service Data scheduled in TODO list. Help!

Tivo Service Data scheduled in TODO list. Help!

I'm sorry for posting this, but my tivo's are all acting up. I tried searching, but there is something wrong with the website and I either get a blank page, or this error "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16 bytes) in /home/web/forum/search.php on line 878
    "

I have 3 Directivo's all hacked with version 6.2 software on them. Two of the tivos are HDVR2's and the other is a DSR7000. Just today I noticed all three of them having a TiVO Service Data download scheduled in the ToDo list (visible through tivoweb). This wouldn't bother me, but the problem is that it's causing the season passes to not record! My wife is panicking, and putting the pressue on me to fix it.. doh!

I've never had this issue before. I tried rebooting one of the Tivo's, but the data downloads are still listed in the ToDo list. If anyone could please point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by steve457; 07-06-2006 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steve457
    My wife is panicking, and putting the pressue on me to fix it.. doh!
    If anyone could please point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.
    http://www.ftdfloristonline.com/floraloriginals/

Quote Originally Posted by steve457
    I have 3 Directivo's all hacked with version 6.2 software on them. Two of the tivos are HDVR2's and the other is a DSR7000. Just today I noticed all three of them having a TiVO Service Data download scheduled in the ToDo list (visible through tivoweb). This wouldn't bother me, but the problem is that it's causing the season passes to not record! My wife is panicking, and putting the pressue on me to fix it.. doh!

I've never had this issue before. I tried rebooting one of the Tivo's, but the data downloads are still listed in the ToDo list. If anyone could please point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.
    I think you are confused. Service data downloads always show up in the To-Do list. How is it, exactly, that they are preventing season passes from recording?
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Quote Originally Posted by ocntscha
    haha.. pretty funny! I clicked on it without really reading the URL and was like what the heck..

Well my wife tried to record the season pass Rock Star:Supernova the other night, and for some reason it didn't seem to be picking up the episode which was on last night, and she had to manually go in and select it. Maybe it's not related to the Service Data Download, but when I checked all 3 of my tivo's had 3 full days of service downloads scheduled. Is that normal? They start at 1am and then are scheduled every hour to 5am. It continues this for 3 days. So thurs, fri, sat.. are filled with these requests. Also, our "main" tivo didn't have anything scheduled to record on Thursday, or Friday which seemed odd, considering we have around 30 season passes. So I figured the service data downloads may be the cause. I could be wrong, but it seemed suspicious.

Is it possible that they are set for first runs only and the shows were repeats???

Quote Originally Posted by ttodd1
    Is it possible that they are set for first runs only and the shows were repeats???
    Probably not, since this was the first time that the show ever aired. I just checked the to do list again, and it appears that the service data downloads are scheduled every night during a 5 hour window. I never noticed this before.. kind of annoying how they show up so many times. Here's a sample of what I'm talking about..

Sat 7/8 2:30 am TIVOR TiVo Service Data No Episode Title (7/7/2006) Broadcast of data to keep your TiVo Service up to date.
    Sat 7/8 3:30 am TIVOR TiVo Service Data No Episode Title (7/7/2006) Broadcast of data to keep your TiVo Service up to date.
    Sat 7/8 4:30 am TIVOR TiVo Service Data No Episode Title (7/7/2006) Broadcast of data to keep your TiVo Service up to date.
    Sat 7/8 5:30 am TIVOR TiVo Service Data No Episode Title (7/7/2006) Broadcast of data to keep your TiVo Service up to date.
    Sun 7/9 1:10 am DTV DVR Showcase 1 No Episode Title
    Sun 7/9 2:00 am TIVOR TiVo Service Data No Episode Title (7/8/2006) Broadcast of data to keep your TiVo Service up to date.
    Sun 7/9 3:00 am TIVOR TiVo Service Data No Episode Title (7/8/2006) Broadcast of data to keep your TiVo Service up to date.
    Sun 7/9 4:00 am TIVOR TiVo Service Data No Episode Title (7/8/2006) Broadcast of data to keep your TiVo Service up to date.
    Sun 7/9 5:00 am TIVOR TiVo Service Data No Episode Title (7/8/2006) Broadcast of data to keep your TiVo Service up to date.
    Sun 7/9 7:00 pm HBO Entourage Crash and Burn (7/9/2006) The boys try to keep a director happy when a scheduling conflict occurs.
    Sun 7/9 10:00 pm SF7 Grey's Anatomy Thanks for the Memories (11/20/2005) The Thanksgiving holiday is more difficult for the interns and residents than any of them is willing to admit.
    Mon 7/10 1:10 am DTV DVR Showcase 7 No Episode Title
    Mon 7/10 1:30 am DTV DVR Showcase 4 No Episode Title
    Mon 7/10 1:40 am DTV DVR Showcase 3 No Episode Title
    Mon 7/10 2:30 am TIVOR TiVo Service Data No Episode Title (7/9/2006) Broadcast of data to keep your TiVo Service up to date.
    Mon 7/10 3:30 am TIVOR TiVo Service Data No Episode Title (7/9/2006) Broadcast of data to keep your TiVo Service up to date.
    Mon 7/10 4:30 am TIVOR TiVo Service Data No Episode Title (7/9/2006) Broadcast of data to keep your TiVo Service up to date.
    Mon 7/10 5:30 am TIVOR TiVo Service Data No Episode Title (7/9/2006) Broadcast of data to keep your TiVo Service up to date

Yes, they're necessary, and there for exactly what they say they're for--to keep your TiVo Service up to date. It's what SA TiVos have to call home for. Service info, guide updates, all that behind the scenes stuff that makes a [D]TiVo work like it's supposed to. If you have a SP scheduled, it will take higher priority. Same with watching Live TV. Sometimes you'll miss a recording because it was encoded (tagged?) incorrectly by whomever is in charge of that task. There used to be (probably still is) a forum for missing ToDo list items at TC.

ew

try removing and readding the season pass it may be orphaned