Page 3 of 92 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: FINALLY! An Upgrade for the HR10-250. 6.3!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolffpack
    I never understood why DTV disabled HMO and MRV in the first place on 6.1 and 6.2. The only thing I could figure was that Tivo wanted to charge DTV for those features separate from the base OS and DTV said no. Thus no MRV and HMO. Heck, maybe Tivo disabled them before giving the release to DTV.
    It wasn't disabled, in fact it is very much present, it is just never activated. Directv or tivo (whoever is in control I guess, but ultimately tivo has the keys and not directv) could activate MRV on all of our receivers tonight if they wanted to, without any kind of software upgrade. Our hacks basically make the software behave as if it was activated.

If I were to guess, I would say that this release may have took so long because perhaps tivo wanted to modularize this specific portion of the tivoapp code so that they could exclude it from the binary at build time. That is the only way for them to really get rid of MRV. But all bets are off in that area.

BTW, has anybody yet received this upgrade? If so let me know.
    Last edited by AlphaWolf; 07-17-2006 at 11:32 PM.
    Before PMing me: I’m not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by cheer
    That was my concern. Well, that and just the fact that if ADH recommended using this kernel module there had to be a good reason.
    If I recall correctly, the kernel module works OK for phone downloads, but satellite downloads are handled differently and are not written to disk in the clear.

As others have mentioned, pulling the SwSystem slice out of MFS after the fact is a bit of a scavenger hunt. But it is entirely possible to create a tool that automates the process.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf
    BTW, has anybody yet received this upgrade? If so let me know.
    Me too! Anyone got this?
    Sat T-60 130 HRS 3.5
    Tivoweb Plus, MFS FTP, Cachecard, Elseed
    HR10-250 80 hrs, killhdinitrd, MFS FTP, Tivoweb Plus

The 'upgrade' site was pulled shortly after it was found. This was apparently not official from DirecTV, still no official announcment that we will ever get 6.3.

Just in case anyone is wondering what the page said before they pulled it:

Great news for customers with the DIRECTV® DVR!
    Your 6.3 Software Upgrade is coming soon.
    You don't need to do a thing. Just make sure your receiver is continuously connected to a land-based phone line and we'll do the rest!

YOUR DIRECTV DVR will soon be even better than before:

Find what you want faster. Navigate through your ON-SCREEN GUIDE more quickly than before. Plus, you'll be able to SEARCH faster for your favorites.

Have more control. You can sort your NOW PLAYING LIST alphabetically or by date recorded.

Get more organized. Our new FOLDERS feature lets you group similar programs in folders for easy reference and retrieval. Some examples:

Each TV series with more than one recorded episode.

Each WishList® search with a recorded program.

TiVo® Suggestions.

Have questions about your upgrade? We've got the answers.

What do I need to do to receive my upgrade?
    Nothing! Just make sure your DIRECTV DVR is continuously connected to your land-based phone line and you will receive the upgrade automatically.

When will I receive my upgrade?
    The 6.3 software upgrade will roll out over a period of several weeks. Customers with more than one DIRECTV HD DVR may receive their upgrades at different times for each receiver. We appreciate your patience while we deliver these new and improved features to eligible DIRECTV HD DVR customers nationwide.

Are all DIRECTV DVRs receiving this upgrade?
    No. DIRECTV DVR models SONY SAT-T60, PHILIPS DSR6000R and HUGHES GXCEBOT will not receive the 6.3 software upgrade. Other models received a similar upgrade, 6.2, in the past.

I have a DIRECTV R10 DVR with 6.1 software. Will I receive this upgrade?
    No. The 6.1 software on the DIRECTV R10 DVR already includes the 6.2 features such as folders and faster menu scrolling.

Will any of my DVR settings be changed as a result of the upgrade?
    Yes, some of your settings or preferences will be changed back to the factory default settings as a result of the upgrade. These include: "Favorite Channels," "Channels You Receive," "Spending Limits" and "Clear Channel Banner Quickly."

To change Channel Banners, Channels You Receive and Favorite Channels preferences:
    1. Select "Messages and Setup"
    2. Select "Settings"
    3. Select "Channels"

To change Spending Limits:
    1. Select "Messages and Setup"
    2. Select "Settings"
    3. Select "Parental Control"

Will I be charged for this upgrade?
    No. We're upgrading your DIRECTV HD DVR as part of your normal DIRECTV® DVR with TiVo® service at no additional cost.

What happens if I don't have my phone line plugged into my DIRECTV DVR?
    You will not be able to receive the upgrade if your DIRECTV DVR is not connected to your phone line. To install the upgrade, your receiver must successfully make a call to our servers.

How will I know when I have received my upgrade?
    You'll receive an on-screen message the first time you visit DIRECTV Central after your upgrade is complete. It will also appear in your Messages section. You can also check your System Information screen to find out which software version you currently have.

Will the download delete any of my currently saved programs?
    No. All of your saved programs will still be there for your enjoyment after the installation.

Once your upgrade is complete...

How do I activate the Grouping (folders) option?
    1. Go to your Now Playing List.
    2. Press Enter on your remote control.
    3. Change groups to ON.

SHORTCUT HINT: While viewing your Now Playing List, press number 2 on your remote control and your Now Playing List will change from the GROUPS view to show each individual recording. Press 2 again and it will switch back to the GROUPS option.

How do I sort alphabetically instead of by date recorded?
    1. Go to your Now Playing List.
    2. Press Enter on your remote control.
    3. Change sorting option to Alphabetical.

SHORTCUT HINT: While viewing your Now Playing List, press number 1 on your remote control and your Now Playing List will change from alphabetical to date sort. Press 1 again and it will switch back to alphabetical sort.

DSR6000 - 3.1 - 120gb
    HDVR2 - Just for hacking

Man, once 6.3 is hacked I will be back here for a while getting my box patched up.

Hell, even if I don't re-hack it, 6.3 on an unhacked hr10-250 will be much better. TiVo sucks without folders.
    TiVos:
    Three soon-to-be-hacked 'virgin' TiVoHDs. Gotta get back into the swing here first. (11/2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Yazhol
    I got my newest one for free as well.
    How did you and Sith Lord accomplish that?
    Series 2 TCD140060 w/Lifetime, 9.3.2-01-2-140, 2x 250GB Seagate 7200.8 (638hrs), Monte'd, Tivotool, MRV.
    Unhacked TivoHD 500GB (76Hrs HD/638Hrs SD)

Quote Originally Posted by sucram65
    How did you and Sith Lord accomplish that?
    I also received a free HR10 from this deal. It has to do with NFLST. If you're a current ST customer you're looking good for a free HR10, if not you can still get it.

For more info on what folks have run into check out http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=59125.
    5 Series 2 DTivos: upgraded to 120GB, 6.2, SuperPatched, tserver, mfs_ftp, tivowebplus, endpadplus, bufferhack, MRV, HMO
    1 HR10-250: upgraded to 400GB, tserver, mfs_ftp, tivowebplus, endpadplus, bufferhack
    2 R15s: Just playing
    2 R10's PROMs in house but not installed yet (sitting on the bench)
    JAVAHMO Server 2.4/EtiVo Server 1.0.1924.2

I too am looking forward to the upgrade as I just got my 10-250 for free. Has anyone received the automatic update yet?

SteveEJ
    ----------------------------------------------
    2-HDVR2 120 Gig
    1-HR10-250
    1-SlingBox

I think thats all!

No, and in fact DirecTV pulled the page. Looks like it's going to be a while.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolffpack
    I also received a free HR10 from this deal. It has to do with NFLST. If you're a current ST customer you're looking good for a free HR10, if not you can still get it.

For more info on what folks have run into check out http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=59125.
    Another way of getting a free HR10-250 is through "customer retentions" (You need to ask for that department when you initially call.) Whether you'll get one is based on 1 or more of at least the following:

(1) Account in good standing;
    (2) Long time customer;
    (3) Level of "coolness" of the Retentions Representative;
    (4) Entering into a 2 year contract;
    (5) Threatening to cancel service b/c cable's offer is better;

But don't ask just for the HR10, ask for other things as well. I got lots of credit & free packages (3-6 months) in addition.

Link still works

The link still works for me. It does not have all the detail, but it is still there and says the you don't need to do anything.
    http://directv.com/DTVAPP/global/con...setId=P3200006

Sean

That's not the same page that was originally posted (see above). The word is that DTV pulled the original 6.3 page because it contained a lot of boilerplate info that only applied to 6.2 and it is assumed they pulled it to make corrections.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Is DirecTV still offering HR10-250's? I thought they were issuing their own model now. If they are still offering the HR10-250, I'll be calling them tomorrow. With the free unit, (I know I'll have to beg), do they supply the newer dish installation too?

Yes, they're still offering the HR10-250. Right now it's the only HD-DVR they have to offer until the release of the mpeg4 HD-DVR, which is tentatively scheduled for release in September AFAIK. They're offering a free one with a subscription to the NFL Sunday Ticket. Check the Best Deal Ever forum at the very top of the main page for details.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!