Page 1 of 92 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: FINALLY! An Upgrade for the HR10-250. 6.3!

FINALLY! An Upgrade for the HR10-250. 6.3!

http://directv.com/DTVAPP/global/con...setId=P3200006

I'm hoping that going from 3.1.5f to 6.3 the hacks will still work like they did with the others that got 6.2.

Let the hacking begin!

That's excellent news

I'd be surprised if the current killhdinitrd'd kernel will work but here's hoping. At the very least we'll need new patch locations for decryption.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Quote Originally Posted by captain_video
    I'd be surprised if the current killhdinitrd'd kernel will work but here's hoping. At the very least we'll need new patch locations for decryption.
    Yeah the patch locations will differ I'm sure, but do you really think the kernel will be different? It wasn't when the SD units went to 6.2.

Im still curious if they will have MRV in the software.

It seems only Series 1 tivos are listed as NOT getting 6.3.

So will all SD and HD Tivos get 6.3 and Directv stripped the MRV out of it?

Just a question, hopefully not though!
    2 HR20-100's with OTA (Thank GOD I didnt get a HR21)
    3 HDVR2's with 6.2, Sub'd, Hacked and 160 gig Seagates.
    1 HR10-250 with 250 WD and 300 Seagate, fully Hacked
    3 HDVR2's with 6.2, Hacked and 160 gig Seagates.
    Who doesnt have 7 Tivos? and with 5 computers, contain 2 Terabytes of storage medium in their house??
    Thanks to all who makes up DDB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenStL
    I'd bet it's still there, but we'll see.
    It seems only Series 1 tivos are listed as NOT getting 6.3.

So will all SD and HD Tivos get 6.3 and Directv stripped the MRV out of it?

Just a question, hopefully not though!
    If you read further down, it mentions that this is for the HD DVRs and that others already received the 6.2 upgrade. So 6.3 appears to only be for the HR10-250.

After my HR10-250 is finished recording stuff tonight I'm going to fire up that kernel module to capture slices.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Yeah the patch locations will differ I'm sure, but do you really think the kernel will be different? It wasn't when the SD units went to 6.2.
    There's a good chance the killhdinitrd'd 3.1.5 kernel will work if 6.3 still uses the 2.4.20 kernel.

I'd be real surprised if they didn't strip it out but we'll just have to wait and see. There's not much reason for it to be in the software for the HDTivos but it would be a real plus if it's there (I've got my fingers crossed). Prices for HDTivos have been plummeting steadily on ebay and you can get new units for $299 or even less so MRV may start looking like a real attractive option for those that only have one HDTivo in their stable.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

There wasn't any reason for the MRV code to be in 6.1/6.2 either...I'm guessing it's just easier to disable it. But we'll see soon, I expect.

And I agree, I would absolutely expect a killhdinitrd'd 3.1.5 kernel to work.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

There wasn't any reason for the MRV code to be in 6.1/6.2 either...I'm guessing it's just easier to disable it.
    There was a very good reason why it was there. The S2 SA Tivos and DTivos both share the same basic OS which is why MRV and ethernet capability were both there. They just found it easier to disable it in the DTivo version than develop a completely different OS. The HDTivo uses a different hardware platform and doesn't share the same features with any other Tivo model so it's a separate OS configuration entirely. I'm guessing they just ported over the same improvements they made to 6.2 to the HDTivo platform. Getting MRV on a HDTivo is a long shot at best, but I'm hoping to be proved wrong. I absolutely loved having MRV on my SD DTivos, right before I replaced all but one of them with HDTivos. MRV doesn't do you much good if you've only got one active SD DTivo to work with.

I dunno about that...I mean, yeah, there's some different tuning hardware and the like, but it's still basically an S2. It's not nearly as different as a Series2.5...

Ah well. We shall see.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer

Quote Originally Posted by captain_video
    Prices for HDTivos have been plummeting steadily on ebay and you can get new units for $299 or even less so MRV may start looking like a real attractive option for those that only have one HDTivo in their stable.
    Or you can get them for free if you're a current customer (in certain situations).

I just had mine delivered a few days ago. No cost at all, and the guy dropped it off without demanding to install it.

Quote Originally Posted by SithLord
    Or you can get them for free if you're a current customer (in certain situations).

I just had mine delivered a few days ago. No cost at all, and the guy dropped it off without demanding to install it.
    Do keep in mind that that will be a leased unit. For whatever that's worth.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer

Yes and no. To me, a lease would be their $4.99 monthly lease fee then the $4.99 additional receiver fee on top of that. As it is, they're charging me only $4.99 for the additional receiver.

I'll take that, especially since I only have to "keep" it for 24 months.

I got my newest one for free as well.

Yes and no. To me, a lease would be their $4.99 monthly lease fee then the $4.99 additional receiver fee on top of that. As it is, they're charging me only $4.99 for the additional receiver.

I'll take that, especially since I only have to "keep" it for 24 months.
    Rightright, I was more thinking of the you-don't-own-it thing. But no biggie.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer