Page 74 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1367

Thread: FINALLY! An Upgrade for the HR10-250. 6.3!

Ok, the error was serial bash not working. But, I finally have telnet operational!

Now I just need to get fakecall fixed. Here's the output from the one shipping with AW's tivotools:
    Inside fakecall 4.x+
    fakecall failed, code=(wrong # args: should be "try body catch errorCodeVar recovery")

So.... Fixes?

Thanks for all the help, the lesson here seems to be never trust the path statements. Especially while booting.

Ok, this is different... It seems that I have to specify EVERY command line in full path, or I get "command not found" as the reply. Even when I'm IN the dir with the file.

Thoughts as to why?

Quote Originally Posted by geordi View Post
    Ok, this is different... It seems that I have to specify EVERY command line in full path, or I get "command not found" as the reply. Even when I'm IN the dir with the file.

Thoughts as to why?
    Sounds like your PATH environment variable isn't set. Try the following from a bash prompt:

echo $PATH

You should get something like:

[root@(none) /var/tmp]# echo $PATH
    /bin:/sbin:/tvbin:/var/hack/bin:/var/hack/sbin:/fluxbin

If $PATH doesn't have anything in it or doesn't contain the absolute path to the directory in which the command you want to run is located, then you'll get the command not found issue.

You can re-populate PATH as such:

export PATH="$PATH:/bin:/sbin:/tvbin:/var/hack/bin:/your/other/path:/another/path"

FYI, if you want to run a command in the current directory you can prepend './' to the command:

./runmyprogram

Quote Originally Posted by geordi View Post
    "/bin/bash --login -i<dev/ttyS2&>/dev/ttyS2&"
    Quote Originally Posted by geordi
    dev/ttyS2: No such file or directory
    You're missing a "/" in the first ttyS2. I.e., it should be "/bin/bash --login -i </dev/ttyS2 &>/dev/ttyS2 &"
    HR10-250, 6.3e, HMO/HME, etc
    HR21
    DVR80, 6.2, hacked, MRV, etc, networked via a hacked WST54GS
    DVR39, upgraded to 250 hours - 3.1.1b 4.0.1b 3.1.1e 6.2, now MRV-only due to a bad sat2 decoder
    2x Hacked XBox for XBMC
    Running Linux since '93.

Can someone PM me a copy of tivoapp version 6.3a?

Could someone also PM me a copy too?

Thanks.
    HR10-250 (50 Hours HD)
    SAT-T60 (105 Hours), Turbonet

6.3a no network

I have just taken my Original Drive upgraded it to 6.3a then made an image of that and restored it to a 400gb drive. Boots fine, I modified the bootpage, copied tivotools.tar and netconfig.tcl and init.tar to the box. Put the 3.1.5 kernel on the box and rebooted all looks correct on the boot.

My network interface never comes up I am using a LinkSys 200m no version.

if I issue "ifconfig eth0 up" it says adapter unknown.

Any pointers would be appriciated.

Jay
    • TiVo_0 - Hughes HDVR2 6.2 Single 120GB Retired
    • TiVo_1 - Hughes SD-DVR80 6.2 Dual 160GB
    • TiVo_2 - Hughes SD-DVR80 6.2 Dual 160GB
    • TiVo_4 - Hughes HR10-250 3.1.5F Dual 250GB

All Running: Tivo Web Plus 1.2.1, MFS FTP, Elseed, EndPadPlus, Cron, Vserver and TyTools

You may have to edit the usb.map to add the version 2 of the USM200M. Add the following:

device usbnet
    product 077b 2226 Linksys USB200M
    product 13b1 0018 Linksys USB200MV2

The first should be in there already but you may have to add the second.

I am using the USB200M not USB200MV2 it won't even light up. It is as if the usb ports are disabled I have a netgear usb adaptor that wont start either.

Jay
    • TiVo_0 - Hughes HDVR2 6.2 Single 120GB Retired
    • TiVo_1 - Hughes SD-DVR80 6.2 Dual 160GB
    • TiVo_2 - Hughes SD-DVR80 6.2 Dual 160GB
    • TiVo_4 - Hughes HR10-250 3.1.5F Dual 250GB

All Running: Tivo Web Plus 1.2.1, MFS FTP, Elseed, EndPadPlus, Cron, Vserver and TyTools

Did you run netconfig.tcl in your .author script setting the IP etc. reboot for the changes to be entered in the MFS tables and reboot again for the changes to take effect also did you neuter the iptables?

rc.sysinit.author not found

I've hacked my HR10-250 but I'm having a strange problem: /var/log/kernel reports that rc.sysinit.author is not found:

Nov 29 04:53:13 (none) kernel: /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit: /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author: no such file or directory
    I've triple checked the spelling on the file, and it is correctly in /etc/rc.d.

I placed a debug line in /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit, right before echo "rc.sysinit is complete" to make sure that the right partition is being read, and the debug line shows up in /var/log/kernel.

I've made sure that /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author is executable, with chmod 755 rc.sysinit.author.

Has anyone run into this problem before? I'm looking in /etc/rc.d/StageG_PostApplication/rc.Sequence_100.InvokeLateStressDiags.sh:

Code:
    [ ! -f /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author] || /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author
    The first test fails since rc.sysinit.author exists, which causes the second part of the OR statement to execute, producing the log statement pasted above. Any ideas why the rc.sysinit.author would not be found?

Here is the contents of that file:

Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    PATH=/sbin:/bin:/tivobin:/tvbin:/hack:.
    TIVO_ROOT=
    MFS_DEVICE=/dev/hda10
    IGNOREEOF=1000
    TERM=xterm
    export PATH TIVO_ROOT MFS_DEVICE IGNOREEOF TERM

/hack/netconfig.tcl 192.168.1.181 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1 192.168.0.1

/hack/tivoftpd

tnlited 23 /bin/bash -login &
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bucnasty View Post
    Any ideas why the rc.sysinit.author would not be found?
    I tried to run rc.sysinit.author from the mfstools boot cd, and i got a weird error regarding the non-existant interpreter, and this error was different than the one I got when executing rc.sysinit. I recreated rc.sysinit.author and now everything works.

Guys, Gurus,

I need your help. I've recently added two Seagate DB35's (750mb) to my HR10-250 and they work great. I have it apart again this time to add networking. I've read a ton and am following Dr.Derek Smooth guide which makes it easy or so I thought. Here is my problem:

I'm using the killhdinitrd on the PTVUpgrade CD V11.1c and get the following errors:

After first try -
    "no exploit found for this kernel"

After 2nd try -
    "Fatal: invalid px header"

Do I have to manually copy a kernel? Is there something wrong with the version of killhdinitrd ?

I think the kernels on the ptv cd have killhdinitrd applied already.

I can't connect with TyTools after 6.3a after phone call upgrade. I can't even ping the dvr anymore. Any Suggestions??