Page 9 of 92 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: FINALLY! An Upgrade for the HR10-250. 6.3!

I got the exact same message. Now I can't even do a call to force a manual upgrade (after the call I reboot, and no upgrade happens)

Can someone with the 6.3 slices 'installed' post the IDL files or PM me? I'm interested to see if the MRV messages are there or not. If they aren't, it's a probably a pretty good indication that MRV isn't there, although them still being present doesn't mean the code is still there.

Got it sitting in /SwSystem here as well. Just waiting to see a post from someone who's figured out the tivoapp patches so I can let it install.

Quote Originally Posted by jasch View Post
    I got the exact same message. Now I can't even do a call to force a manual upgrade (after the call I reboot, and no upgrade happens)
    Well, so much for my one theory. I thought maybe there were a few slices that needed to be sent via the phone call this time, so those of us who were trying to install before the switch would have no luck.

Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by jasch View Post
    It's possible that your machine isn't 'up' in the 6.3 activation order yet. DirecTV is rolling the upgrade out incrementally, so just having the slices doesn't guarantee that your phone call will force the upgrade.

I got it working finally... Edit your installSw.itcl

Find

Code:
    exec /var/utils/updateroot /dev/hda /install /var/packages >&@ stdout
    Change for

Code:
    exec /var/utils/updateroot /dev/hda /install /var/packages $name >&@ stdout
    Somehow mine didn't had >&@ stdout, so it did a silent install.

Anyway, after I did this and rebooted, the service update took place.

Did you edit your installSw.itcl file first? edit: Jasch beat me to it.

Doh! Wasn't that one of the problems in upgrading 3.x/4.x to 6.2 on the SD DTiVo's? Can't believe I forgot that.

Quote Originally Posted by pab View Post
    Doh! Wasn't that one of the problems in upgrading 3.x/4.x to 6.2 on the SD DTiVo's? Can't believe I forgot that.
    Can you PM me with a tar or zip of your IDL files?

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonsJTD View Post
    Can you PM me with a tar or zip of your IDL files?
    Tell me where to find them.

I've been gone for a few years, but have done a bit of searching... can anyone confirm that this is the most current procedure for updating via slices without losing my hacks?

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...upgrade+slices

edit:spelling
    Last edited by TiVOBell; 09-14-2006 at 09:52 AM.
    TiVos:
    Three soon-to-be-hacked 'virgin' TiVoHDs. Gotta get back into the swing here first. (11/2009)

Quote Originally Posted by TiVOBell View Post
    I've been gone for a few years, but have done a bit of searching... can anyone confirm that this is the most current procedure for updating via slices without losing my hacks?

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...upgrade+slices
    Follow those instructions up until you reboot. Since the upgrade has only been in the wild for six hours, no one has figured out the patches yet.

I made the mistake of leaving out the $name

Hmm I'll have to poke around at this later. Looks like tivo changed the slice decrypt mechanism a bit (yeah my tivo DID automatically decrypt them, but what fun is letting the tivo do the upgrade by itself? ) and I have a test de español hoy.
    Before PMing me: I’m not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf View Post
    Hmm I'll have to poke around at this later. Looks like tivo changed the slice decrypt mechanism a bit (yeah my tivo DID automatically decrypt them, but what fun is letting the tivo do the upgrade by itself? ) and I have a test de español hoy.
    Awwww come on it's just a test, what could be more important than this.

I'm going to assume that the "Preparing the service update, this may take up to an hour" message is its way of telling us it's converting the MFS database to the latest version?