Thread: Sony Sat-T60 [dtivo] not recording

Sony Sat-T60 [dtivo] not recording

Hello All,
    My 25Xtremed t60 harddrive died after 6 years of great service. I purchased a 250G disk and restored a backup to start all over and now the unit will not record. My dtv/tivo account is in good standing. The message on the screen says I have hardware problem and I should call Sony. I called DTV and they offered me a refurbished unit for $19.95 and a 2 year commitment. I suspect a partition is not formatted properly or the disk is to large for the firmware in my unit. I even cloned a T60 3.1 disk and I have the same problem. I then connected it to the phone and let it dial in. It upgraded itself to 3.5 and I still can not record. What do you all think?
    thanks!

edit: I just tested my original back and I have the same problem. So I put the orginal backup in my other t60 and it works fine. So the problem is not with the new disks. The problem is with the T60 itself. It still has the orignal prom from when I first purchased it.
    --tony
    Last edited by ftabites; 07-12-2006 at 10:25 AM.

Hmm... need more information.

What's the hardware error that you're getting (can you provide the exact language and an error number)? If you're getting error #51, then you need to run the 51Killer.tcl script.

You could be having problems with the size of your MFS partitions on the 250GB drive and the kernel you're running (if you aren't running an lba48 aware kernel). but I wouldn't expect the unit to gracefully report an error (instead I would just expect it to crash). How big was the old drive?

It's unclear to me from whence your restore images came, but know this: if you move a drive between units (or restore a backup, created from unit A, onto unit B), then you will get error #51 and not be able to record.

Thanks tivo4mevo ! That clue did the trick. I restored a backup of
    my other T60. So I had to clear everything and it is now working.

Now that it is recording I will try to get my wireless card working again.

Thanks again!
    --tony