Thread: Partial netwrk Succes with Sony T60

Smile Partial netwrk Succes with Sony T60

I installed a new 250Gig disk on a sony t60 after cloning from my other T60. I then installed a wireless network card and used the NIC_Tivo boot cd to install the software. I booted up the unit and it would not let me record until I dial up to dtv. My software upgraded from 3.1 to 3.5. I then telneted in and at the boot prompt started tivoftpd. I then ftped xplusz310.tar and the setup file. The setup file aborts with a version mismatch, 3.1 vs 3.5. Can I go into the script
    and just take out the 3.1 checks and have it install anyway?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ftabites
    I then ftped xplusz310.tar and the setup file. The setup file aborts with a version mismatch, 3.1 vs 3.5. Can I go into the script and just take out the 3.1 checks and have it install anyway?
    I think I read somewhere that the xplusz310 would work on newer versions, but I think I might have removed the checks only to have it fail to install on my 3.5. I suggest that you determine which hacks are important to you, and then try to go about installing them. You can easily find tivoapp patches for CSO, backdoors, 30 sec skip, and it sounds like tivowebplus, mfs_ftp, and the other hacks work.

Boys and girls, do not do this at home! I removed all of the checks and reran the setup script. It did something....Now I am stuck at the boot up. I have a disk with 3.1.0b on it. I have been trying to copy it all morning with mfstools. I tried two computers and 4 different CDs using mftools 1, 1.1 and 2.0. The computer always locks up. The source disk seems OK, I booted it and it boots fine on the T6. I think it is image begging time

I am backup and running again. I found the new 250G Maxtor was bad.
    I purchased a 160G WD and everything worked like a charm. I
    am down to only one problem now. I enabled my wireless card, but do
    not have the telnet daemon or the ssh daemon running. I do have ftpd
    running so I will have to find and edit the files that start up my services.

I am backup 100% now! I download the rc.sysinit file added tnlited 23 /bin/bash &
    to the line right above tivoftpd and rebooted.

Thanks for all the info on this site!.
    Last edited by ftabites; 07-14-2006 at 02:33 AM.