Thread: blocking tivo IPs in firewall???

blocking tivo IPs in firewall???

What are tivo's IP's that I should be blocking to keep my s2 Dtivo from dialing home?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rbautch
    Blocking 204.176.49.0/24 ought to do it. You can also accomplish this by adding routes to your Tivo directing 204.176.49.0/24 to 127.0.0.1.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Maybe this is obvious to all, but if you have SA's on your LAN, you don't want to block these at your perimeter firewall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie
    Maybe this is obvious to all, but if you have SA's on your LAN, you don't want to block these at your perimeter firewall.
    Ah yes, good point. DirecTivos only, people. That's another reason why it's better to do it on the DirecTivo itself.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Whoa! I have a Hughes SD-DVR80 s2 that I hack over a month ago and I have never blocked anything! Why does it needs to be blocked? I thought the tivo could only dial using the phone line which I have disconnected. Thanks...
    Hughes SD-DVR80 250 GB

do I have to enter the route commands into my rc.runfirst ? (in other words do I have to set it at bootup? or does it stick?)

Does tivo have the ability to send commands to dtivo's over the sat? Like could they set a certain group of dtivo's to call in over network if able?

I can't discuss why, (hint), but if they can that may well be the source of my problems with music and photos in my other thread.

Thanks