Thread: Little Birdie Info

Little Birdie Info

Another little birdie just told me that if you take a clean 3.7 image and change offset REMOVED you can save yourself $9.99 a month.

All for one and one for all.

- A cute little birdie.

Edit: Removed service theft info.
    Last edited by alldeadhomiez; 07-23-2006 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebirdie
    Another little birdie just told me that if you ...

- A cute little birdie.
    Thanks for the info!!! But, that would be stealing. Ya, lots'll like it, but this site is for "legal" hacking only, AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebirdie
    Another little birdie just told me that if you take a clean 3.7 image and change offset REMOVED you can save yourself $9.99 a month.

- A cute little birdie.
    And precisely which units have version 3.7, clean or otherwise?
    Last edited by alldeadhomiez; 07-23-2006 at 01:07 PM.

I doubt this will work on its own. If I remember correctly any modification to the image would have to run through a checksum tool.

Z

Good point, but how do you not know that the checksum doesn't come out the same. Afer all checksums are usually just an XOR'ing of all bytes.

Quote Originally Posted by quik333
    Good point, but how do you not know that the checksum doesn't come out the same.
    Trudat. I wouldn't doubt if it worked. But, not sub'ing the UTV Service on a UTV looks pretty suspicious, no?

My UTVs are getting retired, and I'm back to Tivo again. Damn closet's got a 1/2 dozen of them now.

The 6.2 OS is pretty slick, and with all the extra (e.g., >137GB, HMO, etc.), I'm damn happy with the move.
    Last edited by Recursion; 07-22-2006 at 11:26 PM.

Just making a comment, even if I knew for certain that it did work I still wouldn't do it, the ten bucks I spent for my UTV service is the best $$$ I spend each month. As for switching I'm just waiting for HD. To the best of my knowledge there is no HD pvr capable of locals available yet. As soon as one comes available I retire my 5 UTV's and make the switch.

BTW what does HMO stand for in the Tivo camp

HMO (Home Media Option)
    MRV (Multi-Room Viewing)
    The HD-DirectTivo will do local HD.

"The HD-DirectTivo will do local HD"

Nope, only through an 'off-air' antenna

Off air will always get you a better picture than over cable or satellite. Always.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Er, yep. The HD DirecTivo will do local HD. Off-air via antenna. The two things are not mutually exclusive, and, as AlphaWolf points out, OTA will always look better than D*.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

That's what I meant. Dtv doesn't offer HD locals, except for 2 or 3 markets.
    Edit: To further clarify, I believe it will also record OTA (in case you were wondering).
    Last edited by Recursion; 07-23-2006 at 08:27 PM.

Actually (just to further our group exercise in being pedantic) it's a lot more than 2 or 3 markets now.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

I use OTA for my HD Plasma and the picture is great. No need to get it from D*. Don't know if it can be recordec, I have the OTA connected directly to the HDTV but I'll have to look into that if and when I get my HR10-250.