Thread: Where can I find "diskutil"?

Where can I find "diskutil"?

Ok I didn't read first and ended up with my Maxtor 160 GB drive locked at 10 MB and qunlock will not unlock it.

Can someone please tell me where I can find diskutil or some other utility that will fix my drive?

Thanks!!
    Phillips DSR704 160GB HD Hacked running 6.2
    Huges HSR10-250 with two 250GB HD's Hacked running 3.1.5

OK... I found diskutil but unfortunately when I run it I get a message that the drive was not locked, however when I view the drive size in my PC bios, it still shows 9MB.

Is there anyway to fix this or is it toast?

Thanks

Any chance you have a CLJ (Cylinder Limitation) jumper in place on the drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Any chance you have a CLJ (Cylinder Limitation) jumper in place on the drive?

No jumper on cap limit. I removed all jumpers and set up as slave and still have the issue. Thanks for the reply.

I think qunlock FUBARs drives with the newer firmware. Don't know of any fix except RMA the drive. (I could be wrong, but I beleive I read that somewhere. And I don't know if Maxtor will take the drive back after you mess up the firmware.)

ew

Quote Originally Posted by eastwind View Post
    I think qunlock FUBARs drives with the newer firmware. Don't know of any fix except RMA the drive. (I could be wrong, but I beleive I read that somewhere. And I don't know if Maxtor will take the drive back after you mess up the firmware.)

ew
    That's what I've been reading and it looks like Maxtor is not willing to support drives that have been taken out of DVR's with this problem. I called their tech support and they refused to swap out the drive.