Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus v1.4 Development and Testing

TivoWebPlus v1.4/v2.0 Development and Testing.

A forum to discuss the development of the next TivoWebPlus. This version is being designed to work a more reliably for DTivo users who currently have lineups with more than 700 channels.

It should be noted that the internal structures are being changed in this release so modules not included in the bundle may require a little modification before they will work, however many converted modules have been included in the bundles.

The software (v2.0.0) can be downloaded from http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/TivoWebPlus

FYI: Thought I would just make it clear that the major changes to the internal structures, in the hope of improving the stability for DTivo users, is mainly the work of BTUx9. Thanks and appreciation for those changes should go to him.
    Last edited by John1980; 01-11-2007 at 03:03 AM.

Very impressive

I've been testing 1.4.0 and so far, I am very impressed. It definitely seems faster, and most importantly, I have not been able to make it crash my Tivo.

I've tried several of the most intensive actions I could think of, things that would definitely have crashed earlier versions. For example, I used it to restore the saved channels on my HDTivo after upgrading to 6.3 last night. In previous upgrades, this always took several passes due to the reboots. Worked lilke a charm, removing nearly 700 channels from the watched list.

Thanks for the great work, guys.
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

Seconded. Seems stable as hell, and a lot faster. Man, how did I ever live with the old one?

Has yet to break anything, so I suppose that's good. And I did a huge amount of channel fixing in ChannelPrefs; like SteveT, that used to bring my box to its knees. Not this time.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Hopefully that situation will continue to improve, as I'm working on adding code to cache these structures to disk, making reloads much faster and making it more responsive to changes from the tivo side.

To continue with the improving of the memory requirements, I'm hoping to implement on-demand loading of modules, also.

Also, given the newer data structures, implementing user defined groups of channels should be very easy... I'm thinking that the channel filtering might be best in the TWP bar at the top, rather than have each individual module implement their own (different) method. -- any thoughts?
    Last edited by BTUxNine; 09-16-2006 at 04:58 PM.

I definitely agree that having channel filtering in the bar at the top makes more sense.

Also...a hostname or devicename in the bar would be huge. As it is I just edit httpd-tt.tcl but it would be cleaner to do it either from Tivo hostname or a config parameter in tivoweb.cfg.

Also...I've done half a dozen full reloads of TWP 1.4 on both an SD-DVR80 and an HR10-250 (6.3), and have yet to trigger a reboot. WOOHOO! This update is HUGE, guys.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Quote Originally Posted by cheer View Post
    I definitely agree that having channel filtering in the bar at the top makes more sense.
    I like the concept, but feel it is handy to have a different default for each module. This can still be done (as the menu bar is re-drawn with each module), it's just we would need to keep the state for each module so that it would return to the previously chosen channel "filter".

a hostname or devicename in the bar would be huge.
    Done.

Tested the MRV setup module from here
    on a DTivo running 6.2. Works ok.

Hmm...something strange. Just tried to do a Director search in TWP1.40 for Kurosawa. It obviously recognizes what I'm trying to search for, as it comes back with a header of "Search Results for Kurosawa, Akira" but then barfs:
    Code:
    INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_search '' 'set "searchby" "5";set "cat" "0";set "scat" "0";set "q" "kurosawa";set "submit" "Search";'
    syntax error in expression "catch [set stationday [db $db openid $stationdayfsid]] == 0"
        ("if" test expression)
        while compiling
    "if {catch [set stationday [db $db openid $stationdayfsid]] == 0} { ..."
        ("uplevel" body line 4)
        invoked from within
    "uplevel $body"
        invoked from within
    "transaction {uplevel $body}"
        (procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
        invoked from within
    "RetryTransaction {
          set recfsid [lindex [get_fsidbyprefix "/Recording/Active" "4:$date:$timestr:"] 0]
          set stationdayfsid [lindex [get_fsidb..."
        (procedure "doShowingRow" line 28)
        invoked from within
    "doShowingRow $chan $sfsid $stitle $efsids $watch $showemptyhits $imagestr"
        (procedure "::action_search" line 306)
        invoked from within
    "::action_$action $chan $part $env"
        ("eval" body line 1)
        invoked from within
    "eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
    Tried it on my SD-DVR80 (6.2) and my HR10-250 (6.3); same result.
    --cut here--
    --
    Christopher D. Heer

One thing I would like to see (not sure if this has been changed already or not) is for tivoweb to not remount the rootfs in its default configuration.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

that is the hackman module, and 1.4 doesn't bundle hackman
    Last edited by BTUxNine; 09-18-2006 at 12:44 AM.

Hmm...something strange. Just tried to do a Director search in TWP1.40 for Kurosawa. It obviously recognizes what I'm trying to search for, as it comes back with a header of "Search Results for Kurosawa, Akira" but then barfs
    This should now be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf View Post
    One thing I would like to see (not sure if this has been changed already or not) is for tivoweb to not remount the rootfs in its default configuration.
    TW/TWP from memory does not remount the root filesystem. The startup scripts remount the filesystem in read-only mode, so if you are wanting to run the TiVo with a writable filesystem then you can either comment out the line that mounts it read-only (probably reads something like "mount -no remount,ro /") or add a line to the end of your rc.sysinit (or rc.sysinit.author) that reads:

Code:
    mount -no remount,rw /

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Tested the MRV setup module from here
    on a DTivo running 6.2. Works ok.
    I have combined the source into a single module (mrv.itcl) and included it in the latest bundles (060918). It will only be seen if you are running v4 or above.

Quote Originally Posted by John1980 View Post
    TW/TWP from memory does not remount the root filesystem. The startup scripts remount the filesystem in read-only mode, so if you are wanting to run the TiVo with a writable filesystem then you can either comment out the line that mounts it read-only (probably reads something like "mount -no remount,ro /") or add a line to the end of your rc.sysinit (or rc.sysinit.author) that reads:

Code:
    mount -no remount,rw /
    Well the current version I am running right now remounts the rootfs as writable whereas I prefer it stays read only. It must have been changed since then if this isn't the case.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

As I said before, the default for hackman is to remount root... if you have the hackman module loaded, that's the culprit