Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DualTuner Prom Hack Released

Thanks. I have a proper Pace system to do the job.

I found that Mouser has the chips.

I also have 3 different Universal Programmers, so it should be an easy job.

Found the datasheet.

Can't find a PROM anywhere thats ready, but heck, they are $1.50 and The instructions above seem easy enough.

Thanks.
    2 HR20-100's with OTA (Thank GOD I didnt get a HR21)
    3 HDVR2's with 6.2, Sub'd, Hacked and 160 gig Seagates.
    1 HR10-250 with 250 WD and 300 Seagate, fully Hacked
    3 HDVR2's with 6.2, Hacked and 160 gig Seagates.
    Who doesnt have 7 Tivos? and with 5 computers, contain 2 Terabytes of storage medium in their house??
    Thanks to all who makes up DDB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenStL View Post
    Thanks. I have a proper Pace system to do the job.

I found that Mouser has the chips.

I also have 3 different Universal Programmers, so it should be an easy job.

Found the datasheet.

Can't find a PROM anywhere thats ready, but heck, they are $1.50 and The instructions above seem easy enough.

Thanks.
    You don't need to spend a lot of money on a prom programmer. A socketed S2, or many IDE or network PCI cards can do the flashing for you. I guess if you have the programmer already, it isn't an issue though.

Thanks for the advise. I repair research equipment, 3rd party. So we have to backup all the firmware on all the equipment we work on. (3rd party = OEM thinks you are the devil)

I have an old one that runs on a 286 to support some old stuff, even before I was born.

Newest is USB and windows interface. quite slick IMO.

The new-ness of doing the hacks is the tough part. The actual work I do everyday

I may end up not doing it as my parents are getting this standalone tivo. I have Dtv. They now dont want to "void the warranty" untill they use it a while. I do not see anything wrong with that idea, so I will be on hold for a while.

Dang, and I was getting all excited and ready

And ways, thanks for the help! Happy New Year!
    2 HR20-100's with OTA (Thank GOD I didnt get a HR21)
    3 HDVR2's with 6.2, Sub'd, Hacked and 160 gig Seagates.
    1 HR10-250 with 250 WD and 300 Seagate, fully Hacked
    3 HDVR2's with 6.2, Hacked and 160 gig Seagates.
    Who doesnt have 7 Tivos? and with 5 computers, contain 2 Terabytes of storage medium in their house??
    Thanks to all who makes up DDB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ISA Card method / extract utility

What utility did you use to extract the image from the PROM? I have a HD controller with one of these that I've extracted and put on a socket, but the flash utility from the manufacturer only will WRITE to the chip. What did you use to suck the image off so you could make the change?

a socketed 540 was used. Booted it up with the hacked 540 chip in it, then put the dual chip in it & used homieflash I think to read that flash, then put the 540 chip back in. I originally used the IDE card to write a 540 chip to a new one, I did then after that, read the original chip via the tivo prompt.

Dual tuner Prom image Please?

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a hacked PROM image available for the dual tuner? I seem to be able to write to SST39's all I want with my socketed IDE controller card , but I can't read out the original Tivo37. I know the thread http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...d.php?p=197867 has a PROM image for the single tuner silverfaced?

So is anyone selling or installing the DT PROM?

Check the "For Sale" section for a post by Omikron.
    ScanMan --> Just another Tivo hacker...
    Killhdinitrd SA S2 Monte S2 Unscramble Upgrade Tivo Software

Thanks - I literally just hung up the phone after speaking to Omikron.

I have a series 2 SA (TCD649080) DT wich is a virgin unit (never had a subscription and waiting for user setup) and as far as I can read it still seems that even with a prom mod that you still can not bypass that setup and use it as a VCR (Date, Time, Channel recording) without setting up the service. If this is true whar are the requirements for service? can you do month to month or do you have so sign up for a minimum of a year?

Has anyone figured out how to use a box like this without service?
    Thanks in advance for any info.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisamarx View Post
    I have a series 2 SA (TCD649080) DT wich is a virgin unit (never had a subscription and waiting for user setup) and as far as I can read it still seems that even with a prom mod that you still can not bypass that setup and use it as a VCR (Date, Time, Channel recording) without setting up the service. If this is true whar are the requirements for service? can you do month to month or do you have so sign up for a minimum of a year?

Has anyone figured out how to use a box like this without service?
    Thanks in advance for any info.
    Tivo offers subscriptions with varying prices depending on whether or not you commit to a 1,2, or 3 year service commitment. See www.tivo.com for more details. They don't offer month-to-month any longer. No one here will offer help in modifying your tivo to work without a sub.

Prom files TCD649

If any one needs the original prom or the modified here it is.
    For my bad luck my tivo motherboard fail, so I couldn´t check if the modification works. Then I rescue this files and have some SST39 chips if somebody is interested.
    You can check here http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?56609-Master-PROM-Patch-Locations

this are the files Prom Tivo S2DT.zipProm Tivo S2DT mod.zip