Thread: DTivo consolidation guidance needed

DTivo consolidation guidance needed

Trying to do a major "housekeeping". Have:

Series 1 (T60) running 2.5.2
    Series 2 (Samsung) running 3.1.1e
    Series 2 (Samsung) running 6.2.01
    Hr10-250 unhacked, not plugged in yet; will presumably run 6.3x

I'd like to dump the T60, and one or both of the Samsungs, in which case, I'd like to transfer some or all of the recorded shows from them to the Hr10 (or one of the Samsungs, if I keep it).

I need advice on the simplest approach (and suggested tools) to accomplish this.

TIA

Use mfs_ftp to extract shows from your Tivos to your PC. Then re-insert them to any tivo you like.

Quote Originally Posted by rbautch View Post
    Use mfs_ftp to extract shows from your Tivos to your PC. Then re-insert them to any tivo you like.
    Thanks. I thought I remember reading about issues between series 1 units and series 2, but I may be confusing that with whether they were unscrambled when they went on the Series I (They were not).

Also, I thought there were issues between 3.1 and 6.2 on the series 2's, but, again, I may be confusing THAT with MRV issues.

Still have a lot of reading to do. Stuff gets rusty if you don't use it often.

Quote Originally Posted by rfc View Post
    I'd like to dump the T60 ... I'd like to transfer some or all of the recorded shows from them to the Hr10 (or one of the Samsungs, if I keep it).
    You'll lose audio. There is a utiity to fix that, but it has to be done file-by-file. After you've downloaded the files onto a pc, set up a batch process.