Thread: Toshiba RS-TX20 & MRV->DVD?

Toshiba RS-TX20 & MRV->DVD?

Acquired an RS-TX20 and I have a 'Plus' subscription. So MRV is enabled and I can see my other SAS2 240's. However, they are Superpatched so I can't MRV.

I'm debating doing the PROM mod but what I would really like is to burn MRV'd shows to DVD, otherwise MRV usage isn't that critical with this machine.

I know in general that's not possible (MRV->DVD) but would it be with a PROM modded Superpatch job? I guess I'm wondering is this related to a 'tystream' limitation or a 'cipherkey' issue?
    ScanMan --> Just another Tivo hacker...
    Killhdinitrd SA S2 Monte S2 Unscramble Upgrade Tivo Software

Quote Originally Posted by ScanMan View Post
    Acquired an RS-TX20 and I have a 'Plus' subscription. So MRV is enabled and I can see my other SAS2 240's. However, they are Superpatched so I can't MRV.

I'm debating doing the PROM mod but what I would really like is to burn MRV'd shows to DVD, otherwise MRV usage isn't that critical with this machine.

I know in general that's not possible (MRV->DVD) but would it be with a PROM modded Superpatch job? I guess I'm wondering is this related to a 'tystream' limitation or a 'cipherkey' issue?
    I think the issue is that the RS-TX20 records at DVD compliant resolutions, and a normal SA tivo does not. AFAIK, the superpatch doesn't address this problem.