Thread: HR10 PPP Possible?

HR10 PPP Possible?

Good afternoon,

I'm trying to get my HR10-250 to dial in via PPP over the serial connection so I can possibly receive the new 6.3 update and it doesn't seem to be working.

In a Wireshark packet capture I see the Tivo sending a packet to the 204.176.49.0 network over HTTP but I never receive a response back from the server.

I have tried both a Linux pppd connection with iptables MASQUERADE as well as the Windows XP serial connection as detailed at http://www.b-lan.com/otto/tivo3xp/ with the same results: a packet leaves the PPP IP address but I never receive a response back from the server. If I go to the IP address in my browser I receive a 403 Forbidden message so I know that the server is working.

Here is my setup:

. Cable Modem
    . Linksys WRT54G wireless router
    . Stock HR10-250 with 3.x software connected to Dell laptop via serial cable
    . ,#211 in the dial options

Any ideas on where to proceed from here? Since the Tivo never receives a packet back, could it be a network/NAT issue?

Thanks for your help,
    Flux.

Figured out my own problem.

It seems the PPP connection wasn't getting an IP address from my router. I statically assigned the To and From IP addresses in the TCP/IP settings on the Network tab of the Incoming Connections and that resolved my issues.

Hopefully this post helps someone in the future

Thanks,
    Flux.