Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: tytompg: TY to mpg conversion in one step, alpha release

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dylan View Post
    What's your guess as to the probability of s3 files having the (hacked and widely available) portability of s1/s2 TY in the next year or so? High, medium, low?

I'm about to sell my s3s at a huge loss because I just can't live with the encapsulation.
    As you mentioned before cablelabs is a new concern when it comes to the extraction topic on s3's. s3 is a simpler case than before - I shouldn't say more on that... The "widely available" part is the main variable. The format cannot be secret and yet be delivered to everyone's living room on equipment whose chain-of-trust has already been publicly broken...

Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    I shouldn't say more on that
    To a semi-insider, say someone who knew Tridge in the day and understood maybe 2/3 of what he was talking about: sell the s3s or wait awhile?

Hey bcc: I was able to run the windows tytompg.exe binary on solaris using wine that I compiled, so that is great. I also tracked down the hdemux 0.13 source and it compiled no problem but it I was having issues with mplex and broken ac3 streams with a FOX OTA broadcast. So either way thats great news. Great tools!

Quote Originally Posted by bclbob View Post
    Hey bcc: I was able to run the windows tytompg.exe binary on solaris using wine that I compiled, so that is great. ...
    It is my understanding that Solaris has linux binary compatibility. I'm not sure what's involved, if anything, to get that running. Since you were able to get the windows version running under wine, I would guess you are running Solaris on x86... Did you even try to run the linux binaries?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_zorg View Post
    It is my understanding that Solaris has linux binary compatibility. I'm not sure what's involved, if anything, to get that running. Since you were able to get the windows version running under wine, I would guess you are running Solaris on x86... Did you even try to run the linux binaries?
    yep. that was one of the reasons I asked where bcc builds. lxrun doesn't support the lastest linux libraries (I can't remember what the issue was but I think there are new system calls that are not emulated). The other alternative is a linux branded zone, but means I need to move up to Nevada (aka Solaris 11 betas) and then we're talking about a hypervisor and all that it entails. So the best solution I have right now is wine. Unless bcc will take a bribe and let me be the official solaris binary builder.

The situation has changed in that it's less likely for me to add more bells&whistles to tytompg since
    1. the s1/s2 TY format has been obsoleted as of s3, and
    2. I no longer have a sub'd s1/s2 box (I've moved on to the s3)
    Fedora core 6, not that OS portability is an issue; the code is quite portable.
    Been reading this thread and finally got to the end to see this and decided to post something, Dang that stinks!!

If you've been doing all this nice work for ty streams, why move on to the S3? Sorry that not familiar with the S3 but does it have the same extraction capabilities? I know if you don't have CATV you're SOL except for a couple locals.

BTW, if you don't want to post you're code in the future, sell it. Some people like myself would have no problem paying for it

Question Error msg

Love tytompg - it does exactly what I want.

I'm having trouble with one file. After seeing a ton of "Warning:ac3 frame didn't parse" lines output, it ends with "Assertion Failed: FALSE, file audio.c, line 164"

Am I just outta luck on this particular file?

Thanks,
    N

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbassnick View Post
    Love tytompg - it does exactly what I want.

I'm having trouble with one file. After seeing a ton of "Warning:ac3 frame didn't parse" lines output, it ends with "Assertion Failed: FALSE, file audio.c, line 164"

Am I just outta luck on this particular file?

Thanks,
    N
    Narrow it down, and send in a sample clip that reproduces the problem and I'll take a look, as usual. But there may be too many reception errors in your recording to recover properly.

Quote Originally Posted by videodeal View Post
    Been reading this thread and finally got to the end to see this and decided to post something, Dang that stinks!!

If you've been doing all this nice work for ty streams, why move on to the S3?
    Years of lack of support from the vendor (directv), vendor actively trying to kill product with their own, refusing to roll out new content to tivo (HD OTA transmissions in mpeg4), effectively orphaning the system. No such problems with the s3 so far. Not to mention superior processing power (affecting guide performance, etc.), extraction speed, better scaling options, etc.
    Sorry that not familiar with the S3 but does it have the same extraction capabilities?
    I'm not at liberty to discuss in public.
    I know if you don't have CATV you're SOL except for a couple locals.
    But if you can get cable, like a great %age of US customers, you can finally tivo your locals in HD without the OTA reception issues of the hr10-250. Good chance you have more HD channels overall as well, and if you're lucky, higher bandwidth HD.
    BTW, if you don't want to post you're code in the future, sell it. Some people like myself would have no problem paying for it
    I don't understand the anxiety here. Perhaps I should point out that TIvo doesn't give out their source and doesn't actively support the hr10-250.
    Last edited by bcc; 04-27-2007 at 02:58 PM.

Hi Bcc,

I've got an HD .ty file that won't mux with v0.18, giving me a gazillion warnings:
    Warning: ac3 frame didn't parse
    though it does continue to the end of the file. I'm not exactly sure where the first warning occurs, but with mplayer I identified where the ouput .mpg file goes nuts and loses all audio. I can isolate that point with
    tytompg -i file.ty -o file.mpg -s 30250 -n 128
    so, I assume I can give you a snippet of the original .ty file using
    dd if=file.ty of=snippet.ty bs=128KB skip=30250 count=128
    Is that correct? Reason I ask is that mplayer can't make any sense of the snippet.ty file, so I can't verify whether I've got the right data or not. If I run tytompg on snippet.ty I get a whole bunch of
    Garbage chunk at xxx: Claims yyy TY records
    errors, so I think I've got the right data.

If that dd command looks right, and if you're willing to take a look, I'll upload the snippet.ty file to my web site and send you a PM with a link to it.

Thanks,
    WB

P.S. The recording plays fine in the HR10-250, but you probably guessed that.
    Last edited by wbelhaven; 06-10-2007 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wbelhaven View Post
    dd if=file.ty of=snippet.ty bs=128KB skip=30250 count=128
    Is that correct?
    Close. You want bs=128k not bs=128kb. With 128kb you're getting the wrong block size thus the garbage chunk errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbelhaven
    If that dd command looks right, and if you're willing to take a look, I'll upload the snippet.ty file to my web site and send you a PM with a link to it.
    SUre, I'll take a look.

Close. You want bs=128k not bs=128kb. With 128kb you're getting the wrong block size thus the garbage chunk errors. SUre, I'll take a look.
    D'ohhhh. Thanks for the correction. Mplayer reads the snippet.ty file now. I've uploaded it to my web site. Check your PM for the address.

Thanks!

WB

Quote Originally Posted by wbelhaven View Post
    D'ohhhh. Thanks for the correction. Mplayer reads the snippet.ty file now. I've uploaded it to my web site. Check your PM for the address.

Thanks!

WB
    Got it, and I've posted a fix in version 0.19. When I hit an ac3 audio packet whose PES header doesn't parse, I now do more elaborate error correction. I'll now fill this hole just like I was doing for ac3 streams with dropped bytes. Since tytompg preserves sync across such holes the .mpg recovers cleanly.

Got it, and I've posted a fix in version 0.19. When I hit an ac3 audio packet whose PES header doesn't parse, I now do more elaborate error correction. I'll now fill this hole just like I was doing for ac3 streams with dropped bytes. Since tytompg preserves sync across such holes the .mpg recovers cleanly.
    Dude, you totally rock! That fixed not only the file in question, but also another file I subsequently encountered which wouldn't mux with 0.18. I now get a small handful of friendly warnings about the PES frame not parsing, but both files now mux, and play, as hoped. Massive thanks!!!

WB

GOP/FAE Editor for tytompg output?

Hi,

What are folks using to do Frame- or GOP-accurate editing of .ty files that have been successfully muxed with tytompg? I'm finding that the TyTool editor has problems with such output, including crashing, even when used in GOP mode.

On the rare occasion I have a "clean" .ty at my disposal, I just use TyTool for everything: create keyframes, GOP edit, mux to mpg. But when TyTool chokes on a .ty file, I use tytompg to mux to .mpg, and, as I mentioned, TyTool's editor frequently chokes on the resulting .mpg file or produces garbage when cutting and saving.

Anyone else experiencing this, and, if so, what are you using to trim crud (before, after, commercials) from your tytompg-muxed .mpg files?

Cheers,
    WB