Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: tytompg: TY to mpg conversion in one step, alpha release

Quote Originally Posted by FS1 View Post
    tytompg gets 240MB into a 2.71GB file and then does this:
    In this case hdemux's sanity checker of tivo's timestamps was mis-firing. Looks like the low-data rate of that grainy letterboxed video tricked it. Fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by FS1 View Post
    Also the resulting mpeg does not play correctly. There is some serious macroblocking that I guess is from dropped frames (moving macroblocks - like there was a bad I frame).
    The demuxer was dropping chunks trying to recover, which gives you dropped a/v frames.

Quote Originally Posted by danpritts View Post
    Whoops, I see this was already reported early on,
    Yes, I thought vlc was happy as of version 0.6, per:
    http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...vlc#post269642
    although i get lost in a bunch of source release flamage so i'm not sure if you thought you'd fixed it.
    That's largely why I tried to encourage folks to take it to a new thread
    quicktime player gives an error ("the movie could not be opened").
    Probably you have no mpeg2 codec installed for it. If folks want to test with quicktime or windows media player, any troubleshooting involves figuring out exactly what codec you're using at the moment.

I have some feature suggestions but first off, I have to thank you for all your hard work with ty's (hdemux, ty-ffmpeg, tytompg....) ... I really appreciate tytompg's speed and convenience.

Could you please have tytompg print the offset value when its done like hdemux use to print out?

I use the ms offset value hdemux gives for the Audio Skew Correction feature in VirtualDub-MPEG2 (Audio > Interleave > Audio skew correction). Without that value, the video is out of sync in VirtualDub. It's easier to edit out commericials or save just one scene in xvid by opening the mpg's in VirtualDub-MPEG2.

Also, would it be possible to have tytompg accept drag-and-dropped files (multiple files, if possible? processed one at a time and if one fails, rename to .mpg.failed and continue onto the next file.... I might be asking for too much) and output the mpg's in the same folder as the .ty and with the same filename as the original (for example, fox.ty becomes fox.mpg)?

Quick Question

I have been having quite a bit of trouble trying to get HD tyfiles to convert using the tool. Can anyone confirm they are using files from 6.3a? I am using tytool to download the files. I have been able to successfully convert only SD files, no HD ones so far. Another variable is I am running on Vista so that may be part of my trouble. Input welcome, Thanks

I have FINALLY got a FULL FOX-OTA HD stream from 6.3 (NOT 6.3a) to complete and be able to be processed by TMPGEnc!!! THANK YOU BCC!

The audio drop outs are just that in the final product, audio ONLY dropouts (NICE!) THANKS!

Now I am going to do some more FOX OTA and see if other streams cause new errors.

I also am asking about the offset that HDEMUX use to supply. I had to add approximately a 200 ms audio offset when I Encoded my tytompg .mpg to a dvd compliant MPEG2. (HD to SD). So it does not appear that tytompg fixes the audio / video timing 100% (It could of been off more, I dunno) It does however maintain the 200 ms offset throughout, so a 200 ms offset is easy to add to TMPGEnc.

Thanks again!
    2 HR20-100's with OTA (Thank GOD I didnt get a HR21)
    3 HDVR2's with 6.2, Sub'd, Hacked and 160 gig Seagates.
    1 HR10-250 with 250 WD and 300 Seagate, fully Hacked
    3 HDVR2's with 6.2, Hacked and 160 gig Seagates.
    Who doesnt have 7 Tivos? and with 5 computers, contain 2 Terabytes of storage medium in their house??
    Thanks to all who makes up DDB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenStL View Post
    I have FINALLY got a FULL FOX-OTA HD stream from 6.3 (NOT 6.3a) to complete and be able to be processed by TMPGEnc!!! THANK YOU BCC!

The audio drop outs are just that in the final product, audio ONLY dropouts (NICE!) THANKS!

Now I am going to do some more FOX OTA and see if other streams cause new errors.

I also am asking about the offset that HDEMUX use to supply. I had to add approximately a 200 ms audio offset when I Encoded my tytompg .mpg to a dvd compliant MPEG2. (HD to SD). So it does not appear that tytompg fixes the audio / video timing 100% (It could of been off more, I dunno) It does however maintain the 200 ms offset throughout, so a 200 ms offset is easy to add to TMPGEnc.

Thanks again!
    I haven't been able to get a FOX OTA stream to work. I can verify the 200ms offset issue though. I have about a 180ms offset on a NBC OTA game that I did. Unfortunately I still can't get a FOX OTA HD football game to work. ESPN OTA and NBC OTA seems fine.

This is what I got with the last FOX OTA game.

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Light>e:

E:\>tytompg -i Bear.ty -o BearsJets.mpg
    tytompg: Copyright (c) 2004-2006 B.C. <b24cc@yahoo.com>
    Multiplexer version 0.9, Demuxer version 0.19
    Source is Bear.ty
    Video frame size is 1280x720 - high definition. Frame rate 59.940060
    Video bit rate is 65000000 bits/sec., 65000 Kbit/sec.
    AC3 audio at 48kHz, 448 kbps, 1792 bytes/sync frame
    video: Warning: Decoder buffer empty, scr ahead by 2712 (9.12) 0.9
    ... and encoder buffer full
    While processing stream audio...
    Assertion failed: !"Encoder buffer full", file mplex.c, line 478

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information.

E:\>
    SD-DVR40/160GB/4.0.1b/superpatch/usb2/tytool/ms_ftp/tivowebplus
    HR10-250 (stock) as of 12-9-05
    HR10-250/superpatch/usb2/tserver/tivoweb
    DirecTivo R10 (stock)
    "Test drive"60GB/6.2/superpatch/usb2/tytool/hmo/extracted scrambled shows with kernel & tools found here.

94Supra formerly TT now one T

Old Series 1 tyfile compatability?

Deleted until testing is complete
    Last edited by HuMan321; 11-27-2006 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snoots View Post
    I have been having quite a bit of trouble trying to get HD tyfiles to convert using the tool. Can anyone confirm they are using files from 6.3a? I am using tytool to download the files. I have been able to successfully convert only SD files, no HD ones so far. Another variable is I am running on Vista so that may be part of my trouble. Input welcome, Thanks
    Confirmed -- I am successfully using this tool w/6.3a HD streams. But I'm not running Vista, for what it's worth, and I'm downloading via mfs_ftp (but that shouldn't matter).
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Version 0.10

Here's a new version (attached to first post), which fixes several problem cases some of you hit:
    • Don't assert for illegal video stream conditions: bad frame rate codes or bad coding_type
    • Improve tivo timestamp sanity checker
    • fix video stream underrun processing (video holes)

Quote Originally Posted by drez View Post
    I have some feature suggestions...

Also, would it be possible to have tytompg accept drag-and-dropped files (multiple files, if possible? processed one at a time and if one fails, rename to .mpg.failed and continue onto the next file.... I might be asking for too much) and output the mpg's in the same folder as the .ty and with the same filename as the original (for example, fox.ty becomes fox.mpg)?
    You could do this with the windows script host and some quick vbscript hacking. Prior to tytompg, that was how I used hdemux. I should be able to modify that code easily, so I'll try and cook something up later.

Really what I need to make myself is a bash script to do all the .ty files in a folder.

And while we're throwing out feature requests, how about patching 1088 streams to 1080?
    http://www.highdefinition.ch/fix_1088_to_1080.html

I have some feature suggestions but first off, I have to thank you for all your hard work with ty's (hdemux, ty-ffmpeg, tytompg....) ... I really appreciate tytompg's speed and convenience.
    You forgot tymplex and ty1to2
    Could you please have tytompg print the offset value when its done like hdemux use to print out?
    It already does if you add a -dI to the command line. It will add a little more diagnostic info to the output, including something like: "Multiplexor: Offset: 692 Low-def: FALSE", where the offset field is the number you're looking for. Units are milliseconds, and value may be positive or negative (same sense and units as -O option for mplex).

However, if you're finding a need for this with the .mpg, then I think there's something wrong with how you're doing the post-processing. The .mpg already includes the equivalent a/v offset information in the program stream packets I'm generating. For example, in the avisynth example I posted, dgindex is able to find the a/v offset from the .mpg, allowing perfect a/v sync without this extra info being manually specified.
    Since I haven't implemented a GUI I'm not sure what you mean Probably you're only considering windows? Perhaps a windows batch script is in order for now.

Odd that the time reported for the video & audio is so far off - audio sync appears to be working.
    You mean the approximate times I report for the streams when processing is done? That was just a first blush estimate which doesn't take into account variations in the audio frame rate (such as when you go between the feature and some commercial). It also doesn't take into account variable video frame rates or even video pulldown. Reporting the stream times based upon the timestamps is likely better, on the other hand that'll fail to take into account audio or video holes.

Quote Originally Posted by TivoZA View Post
    Not sure if this helps but when running the converted "skippy.mpg" through ffmpeg, I get the following errors.
    I haven't been able to download that yet, (so slow the connection times out after about 1MB).

As for the ffmpeg "non monotone" errors, I tried to explain that here:
    http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...&postcount=179
    The workaround should apply here as well.

I can upload skippy.ty anywhere of your choice. At the moment it is hosted on a web server on my very ropey adsl connection at home

-- gyre --

Quote Originally Posted by gyre View Post
    I can upload skippy.ty anywhere of your choice. At the moment it is hosted on a web server on my very ropey adsl connection at home

-- gyre --
    Thanks, I was able to download enough of it after a couple tries. I can see vlc is stuttering the video a bit. Will look into it. (Audio seems fine). The whole thing plays smoothly with xine and powerdvd. windvd stutters the video like vlc...