Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 445

Thread: tytompg: TY to mpg conversion in one step, alpha release

  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    233
    I got the same error message from an SD satellite .ty

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenStL View Post
    That got it going, but I accidentally deleted the file and have to re downlaod it from the HR10-250. Dont ask, I thought I was deleting somehting else............

    I tried on another and got this though. FOX OTA still, differnt .ty

    Code:
    Multiplexer version 0.2
    Demuxer version 0.19
    Source is f:\WSG1.ty
    AC3 audio at 48kHz, 384 kbps, 1536 bytes/sync frame
    Video frame size is 1280x720  - high definition. Frame rate 59.940060
    Video bit rate is 19000000 bits/sec., 19000 Kbit/sec.
    Assertion failed: stream->aucnt < stream->autotcnt, file mplex.c, line 405
    
    This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    11
    I tried running version 0.2 on a linux system with kernel 2.6.7, and got:
    Code:
    FATAL: kernel too old
    Segmentation fault
    If it doesn't actually require a newer kernel (which seems unlikely), maybe that restriction could be removed?

    If I want separate MPEG audio and video files, how would the results produced by de-muxing the stream produced by tytompg compare to the files produced by hdemux? Would it make sense to add -a and -v options for people who need separate files sometimes? I'd like to have a way to get the "best" separate files when I need them (and the adjustment offset to keep them synchronized), taking advantage of everything you've figured out as you continue to refine you code.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    206
    I tried to encode the product of tytompg (before the crash) and I am having trouble getting TMPGEnc to not lock up on the mpg file.

    I got another one to load in TMPGEnc and I re-encoded it. It encoded and was finished, I tried to play it and it lost video about 3 minutes in. Only audio was then playing. If I fast forward or reverse, still no video. If I rewind to < 3 minutes, the video returns. This was to WMV

    I will try and batch another encode tonight to dvd compliant mpeg2 and see if it does the same.

    For the record, the ORIGINAL tytompg file plays FINE past the 3 minutes spot. There does not appear to be any kind of audio hole involved here.

    But the product of tytompg is hard to process. TMPGEnc locks up on 2 of three I got and the third loses the video. VideoRedo wont process them at all. (Just got it d/l, maybe it wouldnt anyway??)

    Also, HDEMUX ouputs of the SAME, orig .ty stream process ALMOST FINE. The only problem being the Audio Holes causes the audio to shift (Thats the almost). THey Encode fine too.
    2 HR20-100's with OTA (Thank GOD I didnt get a HR21)
    3 HDVR2's with 6.2, Sub'd, Hacked and 160 gig Seagates.
    1 HR10-250 with 250 WD and 300 Seagate, fully Hacked
    3 HDVR2's with 6.2, Hacked and 160 gig Seagates.
    Who doesnt have 7 Tivos? and with 5 computers, contain 2 Terabytes of storage medium in their house??
    Thanks to all who makes up DDB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    579
    Seems like a nice program. Too bad I cannot run it. I agree with the other poster, let somebody build an OS X version. If you're that obsessed with securing your sources that you cannot send it to one of us to test-compile, then I definitely could set up a SSH account on my box at home (a measily 400MHz G4, but will get the job done). If you're against that, then I don't know what to tell you. Can you post the link to the cross compile thread? Perhaps I could help, even though I too never cross compile.

    Whatever you choose to do, good luck with your app.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezmo View Post
    I got the same error message from an SD satellite .ty
    For the "stream->aucnt < stream->autotcnt" assertion you two have seen:

    There are some recordings (particularly fox again it seems) that are sometimes broadcasting surprisingly small(frequent) PES packets for the video stream. Well surprising for tytompg Fixing...

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,079
    Quote Originally Posted by artships View Post
    Wonderful tool, bcc. Tried it on an Ubuntu box, feeding it a 544x480 Sony Stand Alone (ancient, I know) tystream. Man is it fast!
    Thanks, actually I half expected complaints about speed as I hadn't yet done anything to optimize the speed and I know it's doing some things that are cpu inefficient. But I did avoid putting a full abstraction layer between demuxing&muxing which would have added inefficiencies.
    Quote Originally Posted by artships View Post
    Alas, playback of the mpg was choppy in VLC, while playback of the original TY file was smooth.
    Hmm, not good. I haven't seen that with xine or windvd. I suspect by choppy you mean the video stutters but seems to play at the right rate. I could try dropping the DTS timestamps from the video stream, they may be the problem. I wound up having to fudge the video DTS timestamps as hr10-250 tivos with 3.1.5 are not generating this value correctly in TY streams (they are wrapping the # at 32 bits, which only takes a few minutes to occur).

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezmo View Post
    I'm getting lots of assertion failed in line 428 of mplex.c on my tests. So far they are all about 1Gb in, so I don't know a good way to send you a test case.
    As with hdemux, tytompg supports the -s and -c options to skip chunks & limit the number of chunks processed, for your troubleshooting pleasure
    Hopefully this will get fixed when I'm done with the fix for the more troublesome OTA recordings.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,079
    Quote Originally Posted by pdicamillo View Post
    I tried running version 0.2 on a linux system with kernel 2.6.7, and got:
    Code:
    FATAL: kernel too old
    Segmentation fault
    Ugh, I just got a newer glibc (2.5) on my machine and looks like it's enforcing this backwards-compatibility issue against my intent.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdicamillo View Post
    If it doesn't actually require a newer kernel (which seems unlikely), maybe that restriction could be removed?
    Yes, as soon as I figure out how I'm just doing straightforward file i/o syscalls, and I made sure to statically link, so I'm surprised there's an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdicamillo View Post
    If I want separate MPEG audio and video files, how would the results produced
    by de-muxing the stream produced by tytompg compare to the files produced by
    hdemux?
    If you demux the mpeg2 into elementary streams, you should find them to be identical to the ones generated by hdemux. Except that the streams from tytompg will probably come up a few frames short (I'm still a little sloppy with my EOF processing).
    Quote Originally Posted by pdicamillo View Post
    Would it make sense to add -a and -v options for people who need
    separate files sometimes? I'd like to have a way to get the "best" separate
    files when I need them (and the adjustment offset to keep them synchronized),
    taking advantage of everything you've figured out as you continue to refine
    you code.
    Existing mpeg2 tools should be able to tell you the a/v sync offset from the .mpg I generate and extract the elementary streams. But yes, a demux only mode is probably in order. There are also some switches: -V which will generate the .mpg without a video stream, and -A which will generate the .mpg without the audio stream. However these new switches still result in mpeg2 program streams not elementary streams (the later lacking timestamps).

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,079
    Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    Ugh, I just got a newer glibc (2.5) on my machine and looks like it's enforcing this backwards-compatibility issue against my intent.
    Looks to me like redhat configured glibc linked binaries to require linux 2.6.9 or greater as of fedora core 5. Seems like an unreasonable restriction to me but I still don't see an easy way to turn off the check.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,079
    I've posted a new version (0.3). It should fix the "stream->aucnt < stream->autotcnt" assertion. It likely fixes the other assertions as well.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Thinkdiff View Post
    Seems like a nice program. Too bad I cannot run it. I agree with the other poster, let somebody build an OS X version. If you're that obsessed with securing your sources that you cannot send it to one of us to test-compile, then I definitely could set up a SSH account on my box at home (a measily 400MHz G4, but will get the job done). If you're against that, then I don't know what to tell you. Can you post the link to the cross compile thread? Perhaps I could help, even though I too never cross compile.

    Whatever you choose to do, good luck with your app.
    You want free source code, free binaries and probably free support and you're calling me obsessed for not giving it to you? Think of me as a company. Would you call that company obsessed for not giving out their source code? I doubt it. Name calling is not how to get me to do something for you.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    You want free source code, free binaries and probably free support and you're calling me obsessed for not giving it to you? Think of me as a company. Would you call that company obsessed for not giving out their source code? I doubt it. Name calling is not how to get me to do something for you.
    I'm not name calling at all. I just dont see your point in making an application and releasing it only for a certain number of people. If you're gonna release it and want people to give you feedback, then wouldnt you want the widest userbase possible?

    I'll get along fine without your program, I already wrote a script that does TY to MPG on OS X in one step, I was just hoping I could help you bring your app to OS X so more people could use it (as my script is based heavily on my own setup on my computer). I dont want anything from you. I just wanted to help you. I guess you don't want/need my help, so that's fine.

    For what it's worth, sourceforge has OS X machines to test compile on. But I guess that would require actually releasing source code. I guess i'll try to find your thread on cross compiling and see what your problem was.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    239
    bcc,

    You guys have advanced by leaps and bounds since I was last active on here. This tool works perfect on both of my S2 SAs and is saving me major time demuxing and muxing back.

    Thanks,

    -Pauley

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Thinkdiff View Post
    I'm not name calling at all.
    Ok, I'll ignore the part where you called me obsessed. Please start your own thread if you want to keep arguing about lack of source code and your personal spin on that.

    Note that I have repeatedly offered to compile for macs under my own terms.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    233
    My satellite test went through fine this time, now I'm getting an...

    Assertion failed: code, file mplex.c, line 465

    on an OTA sample file (6Gb, gets through about 800Mb).

    [I perhaps spoke too soon, I'm seeing some bad audio sync problems for portions of the satellite clip, although they to sync back up eventually (several minutes off, then OK again).
    Last edited by Cheezmo; 11-07-2006 at 03:54 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •