Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: tytompg: TY to mpg conversion in one step, alpha release

Quote Originally Posted by Offspring2099 View Post
    For S3, I'm using tserver (from TyTool 10r4) to extract and lastest tytompg to convert to mpeg. So far so good.
    Thanks
    What is your suggested extraction method for S3?
    I would update to jamie's latest mfs-utils, and extract TY using mfs_ftp. Then use s3tots to unpack the TY into standard mpeg transport stream, no remuxing involved.

Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    I would update to jamie's latest mfs-utils, and extract TY using mfs_ftp. Then use s3tots to unpack the TY into standard mpeg transport stream, no remuxing involved.
    Thank you for sharing.

The latest Jamie's mfs-utils that I see are the 64bit tar, but that doesn't have mfs_ftp. Or is 'mfs-utils_bin.mips-20050604.tar.bz2' considered the latest?
    S3 / TCD648250b - Socketed
    Audio out of sync

Thank you for sharing.

The latest Jamie's mfs-utils that I see are the 64bit tar, but that doesn't have mfs_ftp.
    If your machine has 64 bit mfs, I suspect you'd probably want the 64 bit version, although I'm not clear if you really need it just for extraction purposes. I don't have a 64 bit mfs to test with.
    Or is 'mfs-utils_bin.mips-20050604.tar.bz2' considered the latest?
    That is what I was thinking of.

mfs_ftp is a separate application, tho you probably want to patch it with jamie's mfs_ftp patch that is in the mfs-utils distribution.
    Personally I'd stay stick with the extraction side of mfs_ftp and stay away from the insertion side due to its bugs, unless you're ready to hack tcl and debug your MFS.

<oops, duplicate post>

Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    If your machine has 64 bit mfs, I suspect you'd probably want the 64 bit version, although I'm not clear if you really need it just for extraction purposes. I don't have a 64 bit mfs to test with.That is what I was thinking of.

mfs_ftp is a separate application, tho you probably want to patch it with jamie's mfs_ftp patch that is in the mfs-utils distribution.
    Personally I'd stay stick with the extraction side of mfs_ftp and stay away from the insertion side due to its bugs, unless you're ready to hack tcl and debug your MFS.
    Got it. Thanks.
    Does tytompg or/and s3tots work better with ty or ty+ files?
    Also, is there a reason why you didn't recommend tserver? Does it serve with (more) errors?
    Audio out of sync

Got it. Thanks.
    Does tytompg or/and s3tots work better with ty or ty+ files?
    Ty or ty+ shouldn't make a difference for those tools. ty+ is better in that it includes information about your recording.
    Also, is there a reason why you didn't recommend tserver? Does it serve with (more) errors?
    tserver was for tytools. Tytools has the unfortunate combination of being an abandoned project and closed source.

Also personally I like extracting using standard tools such as ftp not tivo custom tools such as tysuitej or tytools. Users who need GUI handholding like extracting with tytools or tysuitej better.

Got it, Thanks for the info.
    Audio out of sync

What might cause tytompg to stop before the end of the file? I'm putting in a two-hour movie and getting only the first seven minutes. I've never seen this before.

EDIT: Just for the heck of it, I dusted off TyTool and tried it. It quit at the same point, so it sounds like I have a bad .tmf file. Does anyone have an idea about something I might do, or should I give up?
    Last edited by kfcrary; 08-26-2009 at 08:05 PM.

Anyone got this to run on snow leopard? I get a "Illegal instruction" error when I run it.

Quote Originally Posted by delray View Post
    Anyone got this to run on snow leopard? I get a "Illegal instruction" error when I run it.
    This link helped me resolve my problem.
    http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showth...t=53493&page=4