Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
Results 436 to 445 of 445

Thread: tytompg: TY to mpg conversion in one step, alpha release

  1. #436
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Offspring2099 View Post
    For S3, I'm using tserver (from TyTool 10r4) to extract and lastest tytompg to convert to mpeg. So far so good.
    Thanks
    What is your suggested extraction method for S3?
    I would update to jamie's latest mfs-utils, and extract TY using mfs_ftp. Then use s3tots to unpack the TY into standard mpeg transport stream, no remuxing involved.

  2. #437
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    I would update to jamie's latest mfs-utils, and extract TY using mfs_ftp. Then use s3tots to unpack the TY into standard mpeg transport stream, no remuxing involved.
    Thank you for sharing.

    The latest Jamie's mfs-utils that I see are the 64bit tar, but that doesn't have mfs_ftp. Or is 'mfs-utils_bin.mips-20050604.tar.bz2' considered the latest?
    S3 / TCD648250b - Socketed
    Audio out of sync

  3. #438
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Offspring2099 View Post
    Thank you for sharing.

    The latest Jamie's mfs-utils that I see are the 64bit tar, but that doesn't have mfs_ftp.
    If your machine has 64 bit mfs, I suspect you'd probably want the 64 bit version, although I'm not clear if you really need it just for extraction purposes. I don't have a 64 bit mfs to test with.
    Or is 'mfs-utils_bin.mips-20050604.tar.bz2' considered the latest?
    That is what I was thinking of.

    mfs_ftp is a separate application, tho you probably want to patch it with jamie's mfs_ftp patch that is in the mfs-utils distribution.
    Personally I'd stay stick with the extraction side of mfs_ftp and stay away from the insertion side due to its bugs, unless you're ready to hack tcl and debug your MFS.

  4. #439
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,079
    <oops, duplicate post>

  5. #440
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    If your machine has 64 bit mfs, I suspect you'd probably want the 64 bit version, although I'm not clear if you really need it just for extraction purposes. I don't have a 64 bit mfs to test with.That is what I was thinking of.

    mfs_ftp is a separate application, tho you probably want to patch it with jamie's mfs_ftp patch that is in the mfs-utils distribution.
    Personally I'd stay stick with the extraction side of mfs_ftp and stay away from the insertion side due to its bugs, unless you're ready to hack tcl and debug your MFS.
    Got it. Thanks.
    Does tytompg or/and s3tots work better with ty or ty+ files?
    Also, is there a reason why you didn't recommend tserver? Does it serve with (more) errors?
    S3 / TCD648250b - Socketed
    Audio out of sync

  6. #441
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Offspring2099 View Post
    Got it. Thanks.
    Does tytompg or/and s3tots work better with ty or ty+ files?
    Ty or ty+ shouldn't make a difference for those tools. ty+ is better in that it includes information about your recording.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offspring2099 View Post
    Also, is there a reason why you didn't recommend tserver? Does it serve with (more) errors?
    tserver was for tytools. Tytools has the unfortunate combination of being an abandoned project and closed source.

    Also personally I like extracting using standard tools such as ftp not tivo custom tools such as tysuitej or tytools. Users who need GUI handholding like extracting with tytools or tysuitej better.

  7. #442
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    141
    Got it, Thanks for the info.
    S3 / TCD648250b - Socketed
    Audio out of sync

  8. #443
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    68
    What might cause tytompg to stop before the end of the file? I'm putting in a two-hour movie and getting only the first seven minutes. I've never seen this before.

    EDIT: Just for the heck of it, I dusted off TyTool and tried it. It quit at the same point, so it sounds like I have a bad .tmf file. Does anyone have an idea about something I might do, or should I give up?
    Last edited by kfcrary; 08-26-2009 at 08:05 PM.

  9. #444
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6
    Anyone got this to run on snow leopard? I get a "Illegal instruction" error when I run it.

  10. #445
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by delray View Post
    Anyone got this to run on snow leopard? I get a "Illegal instruction" error when I run it.
    This link helped me resolve my problem.
    http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showth...t=53493&page=4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •