Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Real angered about getting Networked with DirecTivo

Tell me again how I can leave you alone? I guess I thought failing to respond to your threads was a good start. Maybe you should turn that around on me.

Can you honestly not understand that I am trying to accomplish a task without really knowing or caring how or why?

I'm sure everything would have taken a different route had I come on here praising your top notch skill level in the Tivo hacking field and proceeded ask of O Thee Great One. I'm not asking to be part of the secret society. I didn't understand that this wasn't a place to stop by for some quick help - forgive me.

I replaced the brakes on my VW last week. Thank God the guys on the VW forum didn't require me to learn the in and outs of anti-locks. You would be surpised at how much more is accomplished there.

I'm sure I am banned now for speaking my mind but I really have yet to see what I have done wrong. I posted a question out of frustration and instead of trying to help - or even just keeping to your own business - you come on here making unhelpful and unnecessary comments.

By the way - I'm going to go out on a limb and say I have accomplished more in 3 days - yes, 3 days in this so-called hobby than a huge % of people. Keep telling me how stupid I am I guess though. I've gone from a dead HDVR2 with version 3.1.1 on it and no locals to a 275 hour machine that does everything I need it to do minus networking. I think I'm fine.

I honestly want to thank the few people that did try to help me though.
    Funny how you want there to be unwritten rules to keep this forum at a certain level but think thread crapping is ok, too.
    Last edited by Fletch Lives; 11-11-2006 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch Lives View Post
    Can you honestly not understand that I am trying to accomplish a task without really knowing or caring how or why?
    .......................... O, nevermind. If you cant get the zipper going,,,,,,,,,,,,

P.S. Linux is case sensitive and I have learned how its bad to accidentally replace a p with a P (I was a noob once)

You could have any sort of problem, and without exact, I MEAN EXACT TO THE CASE, notes. You will not get much help.
    2 HR20-100's with OTA (Thank GOD I didnt get a HR21)
    3 HDVR2's with 6.2, Sub'd, Hacked and 160 gig Seagates.
    1 HR10-250 with 250 WD and 300 Seagate, fully Hacked
    3 HDVR2's with 6.2, Hacked and 160 gig Seagates.
    Who doesnt have 7 Tivos? and with 5 computers, contain 2 Terabytes of storage medium in their house??
    Thanks to all who makes up DDB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been encouraged to use Zipper several times so that's what I am doing now - starting all over with PTVuprade, the instant cake 6.2 image and zippering after that. My understanding is that my next move is to telnet but I was under the impession you needed a serial cable to do that? Is that correct?

Thanks.

I've never used a serial cable, just an ethernet to USB dongle, but that does come with its own set of risks and admittedly I've have to pull the harddrive several times because of not having the cable (plus I understand that the cable will give you info on bootup that can help troubleshoot).

FYI, the writers of Zipper have requested that it not be discussed on this forum but rather over at the TiVo Community forum.

LOL - ok. There needs to be a seperate forum for the rules and expectations here. It really is comical. This is some serious stuff I guess. Back to the other forum.

Thanks.

The rules and expectations for the Zipper program are included with the readme file and posted on the Zipper website for all to see. Here is the excerpt from the installation instructions for the Zipper posted near the top of the page:
    Note 2: If you have problems during the installation, post your questions on the TCF support thread here.
    DO NOT mention, link to, or discuss The Zipper at dealdatabase.com. They will NOT help you, and will likely
    vilify you for using an installation script like this.
    Is that clear enough for you?
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

The zipper directions aren't the problem. In fact, there isn't a problem at all.

I seriously want to laugh out loud. Cool off - I'm not trying to worm into "The Tivo Club". Rest easy - everyone hear is a Tivo hacking God....the rest of us will stay out. Do you honestly not see the comedy in the fact that there is Tivo hacking issues one is not allowed to discuss on a Tivo forum? When it involves copywrites, etc., get back to me. The funny thing is that it's hard to put into words what makes this such a comical dealing. It's just damn funny. Thanks for that.

Seriously, get a life. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you don't participate in league sports - for the obvious reasons. heh heh.

By the way, since you seem to want to digest clarity in wirting - what part wasn't clear about me leaving you alone by not reading or responding to my posts?

This all has inspired me to start an underground Camaro website - maybe a mullet weraing '85 drivin' Camaro website. The pride will be in the obvious and if you don't fit the bill, I dare you to post on it. You will be laughed right off it....then and only then, and I'm not talking about just getting a mullet and '85 Camaro but rather having both for years and become experts on both accounts, will you be able to start to fit in.
    Last edited by Fletch Lives; 11-12-2006 at 01:40 AM.

Well, thanks to a couple clowns pushing me to succeed, I finally did. I had more than just the average disadvantages even though this is supposed to be so easy. I'm sure it's a major disappointment that a dumb ass like myself was able to make it this far. Not that I was ever considering this as a hobby but I guess I would like something a little more challenging anyway.

Once I got my network issue resolved, the rest was a cakewalk. This is sooooo hard you know - only the smart people that lurk in these shadows could accomplish these things. Well, them and now me I guess. My USB200M works on and off. I was required to give the next address to my Tivo that my router would have disbursed - nothing else works. Had to 51kill to make TyTools work - nothing hard there.

Finally, if you have 5k posts here, you are a clown. What could you still possibly be doing that's any fun after 5000 posts - especially if half of them are you telling someone less knowledgeable how smart you are in your own way. If you name isn't Captain Ass Clown, please don't be offended by that - most of you are decent people.

Many have tried to help and for that I thank you. Gunny you were helpful in the zipper thread, not sure why you wanted to tough guy me here with the sewer talk. Thanks for all the help though. The other site really got me where I needed to be.

I really don't know what else I can do with my Tivo as I have done many of the things it appears others have done. Guess I can spend one more day looking around. Other than that, I will probably check back every few months.

Thanks.

This all has inspired me to start an underground Camaro website - maybe a mullet weraing '85 drivin' Camaro website.
    That certainly matches the mental picture which I have of you.

Gunny you were helpful in the zipper thread, not sure why you wanted to tough guy me here with the sewer talk.
    Do you think it could possibly be because he's one of the authors of the Zipper that specifically requested it not be discussed or even mentioned here? You made it perfectly clear from the beginning that you only wanted the results without putting in the effort. This is a forum for hackers and hobbyists and not freeloaders looking for a quick fix. All you had to do was adjust your attitude and be a little more humble and we would have bent over backwards to point you in the right direction. A little forum etiquette goes a long way here. Calling people rude names is juvenile and just lowers everyone else's opinion of you, if that's at all possible. Just keep in mind that I have all the bells and whistles on my Tivo and you're still sitting around trying to piss everyone off with your attitude.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

This is sooooo hard you know - only the smart people that lurk in these shadows could accomplish these things. Well, them and now me I guess.
    You are an *****. Lets just make it clear.

Those "HACKS" you are so happy to finally INSTALL, LMAO! TOO FUNNY.

This is where they were MADE. These people figured out how to actually DO THE HACK. You on the other hand are learning how to INSTALL THEM.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAA

OMG, Them and now ME. LMAO..........

Them = Hack Creator's

ME = Hack Installer (FINALLY!)

So dont count yourself as a shadow until you write your own hack, and do something with it. Something cool of course.

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

(I'll be ok, just give me a few minutes )

This place is great no matter what you say. I have cygwin and Dev-C++ now (only was a microsoft guy till now, Visual Studio) and with their hard work, I can tweak the source code to do little things I want it to do.

I shouldn't hit Submit Reply, but cannot resissssttt........
    2 HR20-100's with OTA (Thank GOD I didnt get a HR21)
    3 HDVR2's with 6.2, Sub'd, Hacked and 160 gig Seagates.
    1 HR10-250 with 250 WD and 300 Seagate, fully Hacked
    3 HDVR2's with 6.2, Hacked and 160 gig Seagates.
    Who doesnt have 7 Tivos? and with 5 computers, contain 2 Terabytes of storage medium in their house??
    Thanks to all who makes up DDB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess I can spend one more day looking around. Other than that, I will probably check back every few months.

Thanks.
    Um, Don't bother checking back. Normally, I'd let foolishness like this slide, but to tell you the truth, I'm not feeling charitable today.

Enjoy TCF, you're banned from here.

Moved to Sewer