Thread: Success Finally ! ! ! !

Hybrid View

Success Finally ! ! ! !

I had a lot of things out of the ordinary - well 3 - but I was able to solve them and have a 300G networked HDVR2. Most of this is thanks to the zipper.

A few people here feel better about themselves when others have problems and then come crap on their threads. Then they ask to be left alone - that sure makes sense doesn't it?

Anyway, here is the end to my story - http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...t=51796&page=2

I would like to thank Captain Ass Clown for pushing me to see this through. Rest easy, I'm not trying to join the Secret Tivo Club - or even learn the handshake. You are still way smarter than I am. With just a couple more Captain Ass Clowns, you can stand in a circle and pat each other on the back.

Don't worry about me asking anymore questions. I will help you keep this site stagnant by leaving now.

In all fairness, many tried to help. Thanks for that.

You're an ass. Hope this thread goes to the sewer.

You won't be missed.

First off, nice to see you succeeded in you quest for the Holy Grail. Unfortunately you learned very little in the process. Second, your attitude and snide remarks are really unnecessary. Good things come to people who read and learn in the process.

And, oh, don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on your way out!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - a cigar in one hand - a Martini in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a ride!

1 HDVR2, 500 Gb, hacked, 6.3e
    1 R10 Prom Mod 500 Gb 6.3e
    1 HR20-100 Stock
    1 HR21-100 Stock

I would like to thank Captain Ass Clown for pushing me to see this through.
    Glad I could help. Just think of it as tough love.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Moved to Sewer

Haven't had to do THAT in a long time.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch Lives View Post
    I had a lot of things out of the ordinary - well 3 - but I was able to solve them and have a 300G networked HDVR2. Most of this is thanks to the zipper.

A few people here feel better about themselves when others have problems and then come crap on their threads. Then they ask to be left alone - that sure makes sense doesn't it?

Anyway, here is the end to my story - http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...t=51796&page=2

I would like to thank Captain Ass Clown for pushing me to see this through. Rest easy, I'm not trying to join the Secret Tivo Club - or even learn the handshake. You are still way smarter than I am. With just a couple more Captain Ass Clowns, you can stand in a circle and pat each other on the back.

Don't worry about me asking anymore questions. I will help you keep this site stagnant by leaving now.

In all fairness, many tried to help. Thanks for that.
    You'll be in real trouble the first time something breaks.
    Series 2 TCD140060 w/Lifetime, 9.3.2-01-2-140, 2x 250GB Seagate 7200.8 (638hrs), Monte'd, Tivotool, MRV.
    Unhacked TivoHD 500GB (76Hrs HD/638Hrs SD)

When you get frustrated, being an ass is not the answer. Whenever I feel the motivation to make a post like this, I just read more, re-read, search, search more, until finally I can post a thoughtful, info-filled question... to which Plain Bill or another of his calibur usually promptly posts the answer. A well researched question is rewarded with an answer or a link to the answer... but I'm just talking to myself aren't I?

Anyway, this just make me chuckle, maybe a bit too much lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Namco View Post
    A well researched question is rewarded with an answer or a link to the answer... but I'm just talking to myself aren't I?
    The main problem with that chucklehead is he walked right into the artillery range with his first post proclaiming he had no desire to learn and (paraphrasing) "just wanted it done" without investing any time or research.

Anyway, since 'Feltch' has been banninated, you most likely are talking to yourself at this point. Oh wait... except for me.
    Last edited by Narf54321; 11-17-2006 at 08:13 PM.