Thread: Anyone have a E* DVR?

Anyone have a E* DVR?

I'm just wondering if anyone here has a Dish Network DVR (specifically the VIP622). I'm able to perform some extractions using some of the tools out there but seems development on it has stalled. The source code is available and I've been tweaking the code somewhat to try to cater it towards my usage of the VIP622, but unfortunately, object oriented programming was about 10 years ago for me.

So I have a VIP622 as well, but have not quite gotten to the point of cracking the case to do an exraction. Are you working with the code from the dishrip yahoo group?

The source code is available but it appears to have been written for Visual C++ 6.0 with MFC support. I can't find my Visual Studio Interdev CD so am using MS free compiler (Visual Studio 2005 Express). Unfortunately, they explicitly do not support MFC in that version. I've posted some questions on the yahoo group but no other developer has really responded as they don't seem to own a VIP 622. Basically this is what is happening when using PVRexplorerpro.

a) Drive is seen but program info is not correct.
    b) File size and program time are not reported.
    c) Mpeg 4 is not being extracted. All others are extracted correctly.

Examination of source code reveals that the program will only detect and mux a mpeg2 stream.

Examination of drive under linux reveals the streams are kept on a raw partition (/dev/hda3)

I really don't care that a and b are not functioning. The extraction of mpeg4 is what I am concerned with as I cannot remove any of the StarzHD recordings off there and they are starting to fill the drive. I've been converting the code so that it doesn't include MFC but I still get a lot of compile errors. It might be easier for me to dig up the version that they are using and stop trying to convert so that I can re-write the extraction portion of code that specifically looks for mpeg2.