Thread: XML format tivoserver vs. mfs_ftp?

XML format tivoserver vs. mfs_ftp?

I have a bunch of ty+ and tmf files that I use to upload to my 6.2 machines just fine via tivoserver. However, when I try to send these same files up to my hr10-260 6.3a machine via mfs_ftp, I loose the xml data and the show has the same name as the host filename on the PC, ie. fish.tmf spam.ty+ shows up as fish.tmf and spam.ty+ on the 6.3a machine.

So is there a particular xml format that msf_ftp uses, expects? I haven't been able to find any info searching the forums. (At least using the different search strings, I have thought of.)

When setting up the XML data for tivoserver, I came across two XML formats:

1. From the ffmeg to ty+encoding: http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...1&postcount=75

2. From the tivoserver xml file information thread: http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50560

I went with the second one. A. It was easier to hand edit if needed. B. I had better success preserving the desired XML data (such giving me folders) on the 6.2 tivos with the second format.

So is tivo (and mfs_ftp) only using the first format and tivoserver converting this second format to the first format automatically?

Assuming this is the case is the example from the first post a valid minimal XML for mfs_ftp to work with?

So there does appear to that Tivo/mfs_ftp uses the first XML format found in the second first link. While tivoserver can use either format.

So for shows going to the hr10-250, I have a script that converts the xml data from the second format to the first format and now the XML data is preserved along with the expected name in the NowShowing list.
    Last edited by Prof. Honeydew; 11-28-2006 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Fixed first sentence to read first link