Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast

Thread: MovieLoader: HME meets MFS_FTP

Quote Originally Posted by jkozee View Post
    Here's a patched version of 0.17 to allow for filenames that include the FSID as an additional item.
    I am seeing no parsing errors.

I am seing some other errors on MovieLoader startup that I didn't notice before, but they may have been so buried in the parsing errors that I just didn't see them. Or, coincidentally my Java (on a Mac) updated today and that might be it, something new. No harm from these errors noted as yet.

java.io.IOException: reading from an output buffer
    at org.apache.tools.tar.TarBuffer.readRecord(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.tools.tar.TarInputStream.getNextEntry(Unknown Source)
    at FtpMediaFile.update(Unknown Source)
    at FtpMediaFolder.update(Unknown Source)
    at VirtualMediaFolder.update(Unknown Source)
    at CacheUpdater.perform(Unknown Source)
    at MovieLoader$MovieLoaderFactory.init(Unknown Source)
    at com.tivo.hme.sdk.Factory.initFactory(Factory.java:628)
    at com.tivo.hme.sdk.Application.getAppFactory(Application.java:1495)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at com.tivo.hme.host.sample.Main.createFactory(Main.java:390)
    at com.tivo.hme.host.sample.Main.<init>(Main.java:151)
    at com.tivo.hme.host.sample.Main.<init>(Main.java:60)
    at com.tivo.hme.host.sample.Main.main(Main.java:534)
    at MovieLoader.main(Unknown Source)

Thanks.

jkozee,

Thanks. I was able to set up my environment last night, but you beat me to the change. :-) I will say this, using tyftpd instead of mfs_ftp, has resulted in far less issues since I started using it. I'll let you know if the date parsing issues go away.

Thanks..

Smee

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dylan View Post
    I am seeing no parsing errors.
    I am seing some other errors on MovieLoader startup that I didn't notice before, but they may have been so buried in the parsing errors that I just didn't see them. Or, coincidentally my Java (on a Mac) updated today and that might be it, something new. No harm from these errors noted as yet.
    I just started up MovieLoader that jkozee uploaded and am no longer seeing the parse errors I was getting with tyftpd.

Take care...

Smee

On another subject, I have MovieLoader installed on a WinXP machine which has jre7 installed. Once MovieLoader finishes caching all of my TiVos for programming, the menus start acting all weird. As I scroll the listings, items will appear and disappear below the selection. Also, I go to the transfer queue and open an item that is or has been transferred to see the ftp log for that item and then hit channel down on the remote, the log will become garbled. Like if someone took a comb and combed the screen. The log of coarse becomes unreadable. I also went ahead and tried Movie loader with jre6 and jre1.5.0_06 but the effect was the same.

I looked everywhere but don't see this issue reported by anyone else. Does anyone have any ideas or does what I describe even make sense?

Thanks...

Smee

Quote Originally Posted by Smee View Post
    Also, I go to the transfer queue and open an item that is or has been transferred to see the ftp log for that item and then hit channel down on the remote, the log will become garbled. Like if someone took a comb and combed the screen. The log of coarse becomes unreadable.

I looked everywhere but don't see this issue reported by anyone else. Does anyone have any ideas or does what I describe even make sense?

Thanks...

Smee
    Smee, I have seen this issue before on my machines. Are you running one of the caller ID programs? or are you calling any text to screen command while booting up reporting rc.sysint.author progress?
    (2) UltimateTV - upgraded w/160GB
    (1) HR10-250 2TB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 620GB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 300GB 6.4a
    (3) HR21 (2) with AM21 & internal 2TB Seagate
    RandC

Quote Originally Posted by RandC View Post
    Smee, I have seen this issue before on my machines. Are you running one of the caller ID programs? or are you calling any text to screen command while booting up reporting rc.sysint.author progress?
    As a matter of fact I am. I just found this post which talked about it. Found it by accident too. I run yac on all my TiVos & PCs. There doesn't seem to be a solution out there either that I found other quit using yac or elseed. I was thinking that trying the -Z switch on yac, but it says its an invalid switch even though it shows up in -h. Surprised this issue hasn't come up more often. Do you know of any solutions?

Thanks..

Smee

Do you know of any solutions?

Thanks..

Smee
    none other than not using yac unfortunately
    (2) UltimateTV - upgraded w/160GB
    (1) HR10-250 2TB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 620GB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 300GB 6.4a
    (3) HR21 (2) with AM21 & internal 2TB Seagate
    RandC

Here's a patched version of 0.17 to allow for filenames that include the FSID as an additional item and adds tmf+ file handling.
    Attached Files Attached Files

does this version do tmf+ only, or is there a way to tell it whether you want it to use tmf or tmf+?
    They say beer will make me dumb. It are go good with pizza!-----------
    3XR10, prommed, 3xdvr40,4xdvr39, all networked, ranging from 40GB to 750GB

As described, this version "adds tmf+ file handling". This means that when it encounters a tmf+ file type, it will recognize it as a movie and know how to extract out the xml data to build a description for the show. The .properties file decides what path to follow on the ftp server so using tyftpd -p 3105:
    FriendlyName=ftp://tivo_ip:3105/tmf/ will serve tmf only
    FriendlyName=ftp://tivo_ip:3105/tmf+/ will serve tmf+ only
    FriendlyName=ftp://tivo_ip:3105/ will serve tmf and tmf+ (ty directory is attempted but will not work on tyftpd because it does not support REST, so it cannot get the xml file from it)

You could also do this and control what directories are listed in tyftpd by using the -m or -M flags:
    FriendlyName=ftp://tivo_ip:3105/

I know this was a while back, but you might want to try NCID with the ncid-fly module. You need to install rsyslog as well, but it will then watch for HME activity and will not write to the screen if any is detected. The output is a lot nicer than elseed, as well.

As a matter of fact I am. I just found this post which talked about it. Found it by accident too. I run yac on all my TiVos & PCs. There doesn't seem to be a solution out there either that I found other quit using yac or elseed. I was thinking that trying the -Z switch on yac, but it says its an invalid switch even though it shows up in -h. Surprised this issue hasn't come up more often. Do you know of any solutions?

Thanks..

Smee
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

I know this is old thread but why doesnt movieloader use some tivoserver tools such as ffmpeg for on the fly conversion of files such as wma,avi, etc. Surpised someone has not done this already.

Quote Originally Posted by darrin75 View Post
    I know this is old thread but why doesnt movieloader use some tivoserver tools such as ffmpeg for on the fly conversion of files such as wma,avi, etc. Surpised someone has not done this already.
    First off, the creator of Movieloader, gfb107, no longer supports it after spending many years developing it and then moving on to other things. It just wasn't a priority for him to add conversion. Nobody else has picked up the code and it hasn't seen active development for years. It's still quite useful, though.

Mostly Movieloader is for moving tivo files around. I use it mainly for managing moving files between two different TiVos, so conversion on the fly wouldn't help me. Certainly if you move files to a disk on your PC conversion has its uses, but when I need to do that I just use tytompg-1.1. It's fast and it has minimal loss of quality (basically it just removes the extra stuff TiVo added to mpeg-2). While mpeg-2 isn't the most compact video codec, storage is cheap these days and most devices still play mpeg-2.

Quote Originally Posted by wundernaut View Post
    First off, the creator of Movieloader, gfb107, no longer supports it after spending many years developing it and then moving on to other things. It just wasn't a priority for him to add conversion. Nobody else has picked up the code and it hasn't seen active development for years. It's still quite useful, though.

Mostly Movieloader is for moving tivo files around. I use it mainly for managing moving files between two different TiVos, so conversion on the fly wouldn't help me. Certainly if you move files to a disk on your PC conversion has its uses, but when I need to do that I just use tytompg-1.1. It's fast and it has minimal loss of quality (basically it just removes the extra stuff TiVo added to mpeg-2). While mpeg-2 isn't the most compact video codec, storage is cheap these days and most devices still play mpeg-2.
    I never could get movieloader to work between tivos anyway? I am running 6.4a Dsr708.

Ok heres what I want to do to get these to work with movieloader and tivoserver, If tivoserver serves up and transcodes on its own, why cant movieloader see tivoserver as another TiVo?