Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: MovieLoader: HME meets MFS_FTP

I thought it might have something to do with bluetooth because there are entries for your bluetooth in the netstat -r output you posted here.

It occurred to me that maybe the bluetooth interface was being used instead of the Linksys LNE100TX Fast Ethernet Adapter in certain situations.
    -- gfb107

1. Quote Originally Posted by whitepelican View Post
      Have shows organized by recording date, just as the Now Playing list shows them. I believe Butch mentioned this above as well.
      It's in the pipeline. It'll probably end up being configurable, since I think sorting by OAR is useful for older series that are in syndication, and sometimes get recorded out of sequence because they are aired multiple times.
    2. Would it ever be possible to duplicate the look of a "Suggestions" folder like in the Now Playing list? The program listing for Tivos with big hard drives and a lot of suggestions looks crazy when all of the suggestions are included.
      About the only thing that could be done is creating one big group for all the shows that don't get automatically grouped by title. This is less than ideal, since MovieLoader has no way of knowing if a particular show was recorded by a Season Pass, Wishlist, one-time recording, or suggestion. The grouping is done strictly by title. Which means a show might end up in it's title group one day and in the "collector" group another if you happen to delete another episode of that show.
    3. The dates are frequently hard to read on the selected program due to the fact that that little right arrow/greater than sign (this thing ">") is on top of it.
      I'll clean that up.
    4. My wife tends to get double or triple transfers a lot, since hitting select too fast will bounce you back and forth between the "Import/Export" and "Done" selections. I've tried to convince her to actually read the screen, but she is not a patient woman. Is it possible to make it return to a different screen (maybe the main menu, or the programs listing for the selected ftp server) after you've initiated a transfer, instead of going back to the import/export screen?
      I'm sure I can find a way to do that.
    -- gfb107

gfb107 - Thanks for giving my ideas a glance.

You're absolutely correct about the recording date/original air date situation. They are both useful at different times. I wish I could select between the two on the Tivo's Now Playing List. I'm just used to seeing the most recently recorded episode on the top of the list.

I kinda thought the Suggestions deal was a longshot. I don't think it would be a good idea to make a generic group to lump all the non-affiliated shows into. I suppose the status quo is still pretty good. In fact, it sometimes forces me to notice a good suggestion that I otherwise would have ignored.

I can easily make the date sort descending while title sort is ascending, much sooner than being able to choose between recording date or original air date.
    -- gfb107

For Series 2 only.

I have a Series 1 that I reloaded from the start all like new on a 320GB bigger hard drive. I put my old 30GB and 100GB hard drives in another Series 1. I want to get my TiVo videos on the new hard drive. I used mfs_ftp on both saved the TiVo video files then sent them to the 320GB and after about a week my videos were there. But about 80% of them were messed up! Some would play all most to the very end just or skip to the end or stop some were before the end or video mess up at some point. One even reset the TiVo when it got to a spot in the video. But about 20% of them played good.

So I looked for mfs_FTP TiVo to TiVo I found this. I spend about 3 hours getting it to work. Not knowing just how to make a MovieLoader.properties file. I had in mine this:

Title=From TiVo=ftp:192.168.2.19
    FTP Server=ftp://192.168.2.19:21
    Movies=ftp:192.168.2.5
    It did make a cache folder with a folder named 192.168.2.19{21} in it that looked like a dir of / on my TiVo. I never got it working.

Just reading though this I found out about flashFXP. On the left side I clicked Switch to FTP Browser button then just dragged and drop one video.

I was using ftp://IP:3105/ in Internet Explorer and just drag and drop them.

I am typing this as flashFXP is still working. Looks like it just gives them a (STOR file name from) and then (RETR file name to) FTP commands and they do a TiVo to TiVo that way.

Maybe some one can put for Series 2 only at the start of this. I don't see why a Series 2 needs this when you can go to the bottom of the now playing list and save videos to one TiVo or the other. I guess this is only for direct TiVo's. with the superpatch to have HMO on them.
    Last edited by Raymond Day; 02-27-2007 at 07:17 PM. Reason: fix a little.
    Raymond J Day

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Day View Post
    Maybe some one can put for Series 2 only at the start of this. I don't see why a Series 2 needs this when you can go to the bottom of the now playing list and save videos to one TiVo or the other. I guess this is only for direct TiVo's. with the superpatch to have HMO on them.
    In the very first post it clearly says several times this is an HME (Home Media Engine) application. I understand some of your confusion, since you have S1 machines, but HME so far has never worked on the S1.

Although the primary use for this is likely S2 DirecTivos with HME working the fact that you can make available archived TY videos on a PC's hard drive also makes it useful for S2 standalones, as well as hacked S3 units using the 'new' TY format. I wouldn't label it "S2 only", simply label it HME only. Which it pretty much already is.
    Last edited by Narf54321; 02-27-2007 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Day View Post
    Maybe some one can put for Series 2 only at the start of this.
    It's not limited to the Series 2 -- this should work with a Series 3 as well.

It is, however, limited to Tivos with HME. If the "HME" in the title wasn't enough to tell you that, then from the requirements in the PDF:
    A hacked, HME-enabled TiVo with mfs_ftp installed and working
    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Day
    I don't see why a Series 2 needs this when you can go to the bottom of the now playing list and save videos to one TiVo or the other.
    Unless you have a Tivo that does not have MRV, like the HR10-250 or the Series 3.

I've just released a new version of MovieLoader. See the announcement post.
    -- gfb107

With the new MovieLoader just released (Ran it on two different computers , same results)

tivo screen shows the folders & icon for shows and there titles.
    Then after a bit all the titles disapear and I get this output from the computer screen

MovieLoader[#1,uri=null] handleApplicationError(3,rsrc 2083 is not of type RSRC_
    FONT)
    MovieLoader[#1,uri=null] handleApplicationError(3,resource 2296 not found (type
    type[-1]))
    MovieLoader[#1,uri=null] handleApplicationError(3,rsrc 2083 is not of type RSRC_
    FONT)
    MovieLoader[#1,uri=null] handleApplicationError(3,resource 2298 not found (type
    type[-1]))
    FONT)
    MovieLoader[#1,uri=null] handleApplicationError(3,resource 2302 not found (type
    type[-1]))
    MovieLoader[#1,uri=null] handleApplicationError(3,resource 2196 not found (type
    type[-1]))

etc. etc.

Seems like I am missing something on the computer for a font or something.
    Even does this when using the Computer Simulator
    WARNING: resource 3314 not found (type null) [3]
    WARNING: rsrc Text[#2083,"Press ENTER for transfer queue.",0xffd9d9d9] is not o
    type class com.tivo.hme.sim.SimResource$FontResource [3]
    WARNING: resource 3316 not found (type null) [3]
    WARNING: resource 3318 not found (type null) [3]
    WARNING: resource 3322 not found (type null) [3]
    WARNING: resource 3324 not found (type null) [3]

I ran this in a dos box (two different computers and got same output)

Also ran this for more info
    C:\Documents and Settings\Roger>java -version
    java version "1.5.0_11"
    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_11-b03)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_11-b03, mixed mode)

I ran update Java and it says uptodate

It seems to do this when
    First run movieloader
    I go into it via the tivo
    then leave the MovieLoader screen / hme
    then when I go back into movieloader all the titles are gone

If I restart MovieLoader on the computer then I get back the titles
    but once I leave it again and go mack into it titles are gone again

Maby this will help
    C:\MovieLoader>java -jar C:\MovieLoader\MovieLoader.jar MovieLoader C:\MovieLoad
    er\
    HME SDK 1.4 (TiVo, Inc.)
    LOG: MovieLoaderFactory.initFactory()
    LOG: "MovieLoader" is not an existing directory.
    LOG: Parsing "C:\MovieLoader\MovieLoader.properties"
    LOG: "Dads" represents "ftp://192.168.0.209:3105/tmf/"
    LOG: "Pams" represents "ftp://192.168.0.211:3105/tmf/"
    LOG: "Dad's Living Room" represents "ftp://192.168.0.240:3105/tmf/"
    LOG: "Pam's Bedroom" represents "ftp://192.168.0.212:3105/tmf/"
    LOG: "Jacuzzi" represents "ftp://192.168.0.202:3105/tmf/"
    LOG: "Bedroom" represents "ftp://192.168.0.251:3105/tmf/"
    LOG: "Basement" represents "ftp://192.168.0.203:3105/tmf/"
    LOG: "Living Room" represents "ftp://192.168.0.208:3105/tmf/"
    LOG: "Z Holdings" represents "t:\TiVo Shows"
    LOG: "Z High Def" represents "t:\TiVo High Def"
    LOG: "Z Music Shows" represents "t:\TiVo Music Shows"
    LOG: "Spare6.3" represents "ftp://192.168.0.222:3105/tmf/"
    LOG: added factory
    MDNS: http://192.168.0.1:7288/MovieLoader/
    LOG: HME receiver connected
    LOG: connection to receiver closed
    LOG: HME receiver disconnected
    LOG: HME receiver connected
    MovieLoader[#1,uri=null] warning: resource 2067 not found.
    MovieLoader[#1,uri=null] warning: resource 2067 not found.
    LOG: Received event for unknown resource id. Id = 2067, event = 2067.RESOURCE_IN
    FO(complete, {})
    MovieLoader[#1,uri=null] handleApplicationError(3,rsrc Text[#2083,"Press ENTER f
    or transfer queue.",0xffd9d9d9] is not of type class com.tivo.hme.sim.SimResourc
    e$FontResource)

Hope this helps
    attached is debug I believe from the computers simulator
    I ran Movieloader on the computer
    then ran MovieLoader Simulator on the computer and exit the program
    1st run.txt is the out put
    then re ran MovieLoader Simulator again and exit the program
    2nd run.txt is its output
    I believe the outout is the debug
    I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Butch; 03-02-2007 at 06:26 PM.

OK, there's a new version that should fix this in the announcement post.
    -- gfb107

Worked perfect.
    Thanks

* Dates are now sorted in descending order

Sorry I see know
    In the first Main / Dir of a tivo it is sorted via Alphabetically
    Then in a sub folder /sub Dir it is sorted via the Air Date
    Last edited by Butch; 03-02-2007 at 09:34 PM.

I didn't say that sorting was now done by date, descending.
    I said that dates are now sorted in descending order.

The sorting scheme is still
    1. title
    2. original air date
    3. episode
    4. recording date

Within that scheme, dates are now sorted in descending order. This change is only visible inside a group (which is not the same thing as a sub-folder/sub-dir).
    -- gfb107

Quote Originally Posted by gfb107 View Post

*** Updated 2/28/2007 ***
    Uploaded new version with the following changes:
    • Go directly to the transfer details screen when importing/exporting a show
    • Return to the show listing screen when returning from the transfer details screen.
    Maybe I just don't understand what was supposed to have been changed here, but I still see the screen navigation as odd. And my wife has still proven that she can queue up three transfers of the same episode without trying. I guess I don't see what was changed at all. When you are on the 'transfer details'? screen (is that the screen where the only option is "Import"?), and you hit the select button, it will take you to a screen where the only option is "Done". Continuing to hit select repeatedly will just bounce you back and forth between these two screens, and keep queuing up the same episode for transfer repeatedly.

Oops. I got it working in the "Export" case, but not the "Import" case.
    A fix will be available shortly.

However, if your wife really hits the Select button that many times, this will only reduce the number of duplicate requests. Instead of adding a transfer on every 2 presses, it'll add a transfer on every 3 presses.

I could add a "Done" or "Don't do anything" button which would have the default focus so that multiple Selects would just toggle back and forth between the show list and show details but would not initiate a transfer.
    But, this would mean that in order to initiate a transfer the user would have to move the focus to the "Import" or "Export" button in order to initiate a transfer. This adds an unnecessary step for those users who don't abuse the Select button.

Maybe it'd be better to just add code that detects that the transfer being added is a duplicate of the last one added. If it is, put up a confirmation screen that will require the user to change the focus in order to add a duplicate transfer.
    -- gfb107