Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: MovieLoader: HME meets MFS_FTP

Quote Originally Posted by tas3086 View Post
    Thank you for everything that you have accomplished with MovieLoader. It is one of the best integration tools! Now how about this?

1) I should be able to import and export from any defined resource to any other resource. Why do I have to be tied to the tivo that I am currently sitting at? Then I would be in control of all my Tivo's from wherever I am!
    You can call this version of the program The MovieLoader Commander! Or MovieLoader Total-Control !

2) Delete is fantastic. But sometimes I forget what I deleted! A few possible solutions. A) Be able to manually force a resync. B) If you have control over the program icons, change the deleted file's icon to some other icon until the next resync occurs. C) Make the deleted file a different font or font color until the next resync.

Thanks again,
    I agree with both of those suggestions, particularly #1. In fact, I believe I suggested that very thing somewhere earlier in this thread. I think it would be great to see a simple "Source" and "Destination" selection for the transfers.

I also like the suggestion in 2A, ie. being able to force a cache update. It would also be nice if the caching routine aborted when a transfer was added so you wouldn't need to wait for it to complete before starting the transfer.

Also, is it currently posssible for us to change the cache update timing at all? I don't remember seeing this. Also, what is the default timing of the cache updates? I'm confused as to when these are really taking place. It seems like every time I try to impress the wife by showing off MovieLoader to her to transfer a show, it is in the middle of updating the cache, and then she isn't quite so impressed.

Thank you for everything that you have accomplished with MovieLoader. It is one of the best integration tools! Now how about this?

1) I should be able to import and export from any defined resource to any other resource. Why do I have to be tied to the tivo that I am currently sitting at? Then I would be in control of all my Tivo's from wherever I am!
    You can call this version of the program The MovieLoader Commander! Or MovieLoader Total-Control !

2) Delete is fantastic. But sometimes I forget what I deleted! A few possible solutions. A) Be able to manually force a resync. B) If you have control over the program icons, change the deleted file's icon to some other icon until the next resync occurs. C) Make the deleted file a different font or font color until the next resync.

Thanks again,
    For #1, I could make it so that when you are looking at the details of a show that resides on the TiVo you are using, you only get the option to Export or Delete. If it resides any where else, you can Import (the default), Export, or Delete. I think Import is the typical usage case.

For #2, I could change the icon for a show to something that indicates a delete is pending, and add that same icon to the details screen when a delete is pending. Would someone like to take a stab at creating such an icon? Let's call it DeletePending.png, and maybe use Video.png as a starting point.
    -- gfb107

Quote Originally Posted by whitepelican View Post
    I also like the suggestion in 2A, ie. being able to force a cache update. It would also be nice if the caching routine aborted when a transfer was added so you wouldn't need to wait for it to complete before starting the transfer.
    That's a good idea, although I don't know when I'll have time to work on it.

Also, is it currently posssible for us to change the cache update timing at all? I don't remember seeing this. Also, what is the default timing of the cache updates? I'm confused as to when these are really taking place. It seems like every time I try to impress the wife by showing off MovieLoader to her to transfer a show, it is in the middle of updating the cache, and then she isn't quite so impressed.
    There isn't a way to do it now, but I will add an entry to MovieLoader to control the interval. Right now the cache refresh interval is 15 minutes. This is the time between the completion of one refresh and the addition of the next refresh to the activity queue.

Here's my current to-do list, in no particular order, and with no time table:
    • Make the cache update interval configurable (CacheUpdateInterval=<minutes> in MovieLoader.properties)
    • Work with ty-enabled ffmpeg generated xml, which isn't strictly well formed.
    • When a transfer completes, add the show to the cache of the target
    • When a delete completes, remove the show from the cache
    • Create a smart queuing system that allows simultaneous transfers while ensuring that each host has no more than one FTP session active at any time
    • Give transfers and deletes priority over cache updates
    -- gfb107

Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by gfb107 View Post
    For #1, I could make it so that when you are looking at the details of a show that resides on the TiVo you are using, you only get the option to Export or Delete. If it resides any where else, you can Import (the default), Export, or Delete. I think Import is the typical usage case.

For #2, I could change the icon for a show to something that indicates a delete is pending, and add that same icon to the details screen when a delete is pending. Would someone like to take a stab at creating such an icon? Let's call it DeletePending.png, and maybe use Video.png as a starting point.
    #1 You would probalby not want to export or import something from and or to itself . Any other import and export should be allowed. So source and destination should never be the same. It has nothing to do with the Tivo that you are connected to. Correct?

#2 How about a orange circle with a red X over it. I'll see what I can do. If you do the cache updates as you describe above for add/delete, would this even be necessary?

Create a smart queuing system that allows simultaneous transfers while ensuring that each host has no more than one FTP session active at any time .
    I would be satisfied with "one at a time" for the first go round !

thanks again,
    Last edited by tas3086; 10-04-2007 at 09:34 PM.

#1 You would probalby not want to export or import something from and or to itself . Any other import and export should be allowed. So source and destination should never be the same. It has nothing to do with the Tivo that you are connected to. Correct?
    If the show is on the TiVo are using, then you can
    • Export it to one of your other sources
    • Delete it
    If the show is not on the TiVo you are using, you can
    • Import it to the TiVo you are using,
    • Export it to one of the other sources (not the one where it is, and not the TiVo you are using)
    • Delete it

The reason I want to do it that way is to optimize the Import case (which I think is the most common) by using the implied destination of the TiVo being used. The other destinations are available under the Export case. The change here is adding the Export option im the case today there is only the Import option. So in effect you can transfer from anywhere to anywhere other than the source, but the user interface is slightly optimized for the case of importing to the TiVo in use.

#2 How about a orange circle with a red X over it. I'll see what I can do.
    If you draw it, I will use it.
    Last edited by gfb107; 10-04-2007 at 09:41 PM.
    -- gfb107

• Make the cache update interval configurable (CacheUpdateInterval=<minutes> in MovieLoader.properties)
    • Create a smart queuing system that allows simultaneous transfers while ensuring that each host has no more than one FTP session active at any time
    • Incorporate ty-ffmpeg functionality
    Just kidding.
    Last edited by whitepelican; 10-04-2007 at 10:38 PM.

Glad to see you haven't forgotten about one of my non-issue interval requests. However on this subject, how much load (if any) is put on the TiVo when MovieLoader is checking for new recordings?
    Would it be of any benefit to check the TiVo to see if it is currently recording, if so, update?
    This is based on the load issue, as I have had no problems with MovieLoader running in its current form. Of course this would make a simple operation overly complex.

My thanks from the first of the week, you posted an update, I tried to break it, and you resolved the issues immediately.
    (2) UltimateTV - upgraded w/160GB
    (1) HR10-250 2TB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 620GB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 300GB 6.4a
    (3) HR21 (2) with AM21 & internal 2TB Seagate
    RandC

Hi - have your program downloaded and installed on my PC. I have 2 directv series 2 dsr7000 running 6.2a and one hr10-250 running 6.3d.
    Just so I know what to expect - - the interface will only show up on the HR10-250, correct (I have HME enabled)? the dsr7000s will not show movie loader under Music and Photos, but I will be able to move shows between all three tivos and the computer?

apperciate the guidance
    Two DSR7000s both at 6.4a/101 from slices; both originally sleepered version 3, then 4.01b, 6.2, 6.2a.
    TWP 2.1, Superpatched, 300GB Seagate in one, 750GB in the other, USB 2 w/ Jamie's backport drivers
    One HR10-250 at 6.4a, networked, Superpatched, stock 250GB drive
    One HR23
    Patiently waiting for a new DirecTV/Tivo
    One AM21 hooked to the HR23

Quote Originally Posted by jwciv View Post
    the interface will only show up on the HR10-250, correct (I have HME enabled)?
    Correct
    the dsr7000s will not show movie loader under Music and Photos, but I will be able to move shows between all three tivos and the computer?
    Assuming all your TiVos are no_cso and have mfs_ftp properly installed, you've configured MovieLoader so that all three TiVos are available as show sources as well as a folder on the computer as a show source, MovieLoader as it exists today will allow you to:
    • Copy shows between your HR10-250 and computer
    • Copy shows between your HR10-250 and your dsr7000s

It will not allow
    • Copying shows between your 2 dsr7000s
    • Copying shows between your dsr7000s and your PC.

I do expect to have copying from any configured show source to any other configured show source working by the end of next week, but that's not a promise.
    -- gfb107

CorrectAssuming all your TiVos are no_cso and have mfs_ftp properly installed, you've configured MovieLoader so that all three TiVos are available as show sources as well as a folder on the computer as a show source, MovieLoader as it exists today will allow you to:
    • Copy shows between your HR10-250 and computer
    • Copy shows between your HR10-250 and your dsr7000s

It will not allow
    • Copying shows between your 2 dsr7000s
    • Copying shows between your dsr7000s and your PC.

I do expect to have copying from any configured show source to any other configured show source working by the end of next week, but that's not a promise.

Thanks, you rock!
    Two DSR7000s both at 6.4a/101 from slices; both originally sleepered version 3, then 4.01b, 6.2, 6.2a.
    TWP 2.1, Superpatched, 300GB Seagate in one, 750GB in the other, USB 2 w/ Jamie's backport drivers
    One HR10-250 at 6.4a, networked, Superpatched, stock 250GB drive
    One HR23
    Patiently waiting for a new DirecTV/Tivo
    One AM21 hooked to the HR23

Deleted File Icon

#2 How about a orange circle with a red X over it. I'll see what I can do. If you do the cache updates as you describe above for add/delete, would this even be necessary?
    Try this on for size
    Last edited by tas3086; 10-08-2007 at 11:56 AM.

Try this on for size
    This is supposed to indicate that a delete is pending for the show. A delete has been requested, but since there's something else on the transfer queue, it hasn't happened yet, but it will.
    -- gfb107

Here's v0.13.

There's quite a bit of change here, so I'll let you all beat on it a bit before I declare it the official latest version.

Changes:
    • Add ability to transfer shows between any two defined sources, as explained here.
    • A cache update in progress will be aborted if a transfer or delete is requested. Another cache update will be added to the queue after the cache update interval
    • The cache update interval is configurable using the CacheUpdateInterval= line in MovieLoader.properties. It defaults to 15 (minutes)
    • Work with ty-ffmpeg generated xml. Note that you should be using ty-ffmpeg v0.17 or later
    • Shows that have a pending delete will not have the "Delete" choice available, and can not be deleted using the Clear key.
    • Shows are removed from the cache once deleted (after any previously pending operations)

**** Edited 10/22/2007 to remove obsolete .zip file. A new version is available here. ****
    Last edited by gfb107; 10-22-2007 at 09:01 AM.
    -- gfb107

Here's a little ty-ffmpeg and MovieLoader helper tool that retrieves movie information and cover art from IMDB: imdb.zip

Just unzip imdb.zip and use the command
    Code:
    java imdb "<Movie Title>"
    It may prompt you to pick from a number of matching movies.

It uses the file template.xml to generate an mfs_ftp and ty-ffmpeg compatible xml file with details about the movie. It also downloads a .jpg suitable for use as cover art with MovieLoader. You may edit template.xml, or specify your own like this:
    Code:
    java imdb -t "<template file>" "<Movie Title>"
    The files generated are:
    "<Movie Title>.xml" and "<Movie Title>.jpg"

Note of course that this is highly dependent on the structure of the IMDB web site, so may not work with all movies, and may break at any time.
    -- gfb107

There's quite a bit of change here, so I'll let you all beat on it a bit before I declare it the official latest version.
    Didn't you learn from 1 1/2 weeks ago, you spent 2 - 3 days after your last release fixing our problems.
    Aparently you are feeling up to it, I'll see what I can do to break it.
    (2) UltimateTV - upgraded w/160GB
    (1) HR10-250 2TB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 620GB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 300GB 6.4a
    (3) HR21 (2) with AM21 & internal 2TB Seagate
    RandC