Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: MovieLoader: HME meets MFS_FTP

Ok, I found another version in post #452. It had some directories one of which said install. It kept looking for a wrapper file which was not included so I gave up on it and ran the dos command again. It pulled up a java box with these lines... Am I in? What do I do now?

HME SDK 1.4 (TiVo, Inc.)
    LOG: MovieLoader v0.11g
    LOG: Showing files in "g:\movieloader"
    LOG: Caching show information...
    Creating log directory g:\movieloader\logs
    Creating cache log file g:\movieloader\logs\cache5218.log
    LOG: Ready
    LOG: added factory
    MDNS: http://192.168.254.101:7288/MovieLoader/

MovieLoader runs on your PC, but the user interface is on your HME-enabled TiVo that is also running MFS_FTP.

On your TiVo, go to TiVo/DIRECTV Central -> Music, Photos, & More

If you haven't already, select "Enable Home Network Applications..." and follow the directions.

You should now see Movie Loader as a chioce. Select it.

MovieLoader allows you to
    1. Export shows (as .tmf files) from your TiVo to your PC or to other FTP servers (which might just be other TiVos running MFS_FTP)
    2. Import shows (.tmf, .ty, or .ty+ files) to your TiVo from your PC or other FTP servers (which might just be other TiVos running MFS_FTP).
    Creating .tmf, .ty, or .ty+ files is NOT part of what MovieLoader does, but there are other threads here about that, such as http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=50010.
    -- gfb107

Quote Originally Posted by gfb107 View Post
    MovieLoader runs on your PC, but the user interface is on your HME-enabled TiVo that is also running MFS_FTP.

On your TiVo, go to TiVo/DIRECTV Central -> Music, Photos, & More

If you haven't already, select "Enable Home Network Applications..." and follow the directions.

You should now see Movie Loader as a chioce. Select it..
    I think this part should be added to the instructions. I looked there and do see movie loader and can see the bin, conf and logs folders on m computer when I select it. I guess I felt like I followed the trail but had no clue I needed to look up at the end...

I don't remember seeing this anywhere, but what size (pixels x pixels) image file should we use for the cover art so that is won't overlap the text?

Well, the entire screen is 640 x 480, so that should give you an idea. Some I use are 130x182
    -- gfb107

130x182 looks great, thanks!

No, I simply have to find covers for all my movies. yippee!

"Connection reset" on mfs_ftp

I have been unable to get MovieLoader to successfully do a listing of the tmf directory on any of the four tivos I own (SVR2000 series 1, two RCA DVR80s DTivos, and a HR10-250). For now, I'll concentrate on the HR10. The MovieLoader log looks like
    Code:
    9/9/07 4:48:13 PM: Updating Movie Loader (5)
    9/9/07 4:48:13 PM: Updating ftp://myhd:3105/
    9/9/07 4:48:13 PM: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
    java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
    	at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source)
    	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
    	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    	at org.apache.commons.net.telnet.TelnetInputStream.__read(TelnetInputStream.java:114)
    	at org.apache.commons.net.telnet.TelnetInputStream.run(TelnetInputStream.java:535)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    I captured the packets that went between my PC and my HR10. The control stream looked like:

Code:
    220 Mfs_Ftp ver 1.2.9p-patchlevel-20070207 - {sock26} from "192.168.11.6:1074"
    USER anonymous
    331 User name okay, need password.
    PASS xxxxxxxx
    230 Running in TiVo Mode.
    CWD /
    250 Directory change successful.
    SYST
    215 UNIX
    PORT 192,168,11,6,4,51
    200 PORT command successful.
    LIST
    150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list.
    226 Transfer complete.
    QUIT
    221 Server Closing Control Connection by client request
    502 Command not implemented ""
    while the data stream looked like:

Code:
    dr--r--r--   1 0        0            1024 Jan 01  1972 tmf
    dr--r--r--   1 0        0            1024 Jan 01  1972 ty
    dr--r--r--   1 0        0            1024 Jan 01  1972 ty+
    dr--r--r--   1 0        0            1024 Jan 01  1972 xml
    dr--r--r--   1 0        0            1024 Jan 01  1972 txt
    dr--r--r--   1 0        0            1024 Jan 01  1972 bat
    dr--r--r--   1 0        0            1024 Jan 01  1972 asx
    -r--r--r--   1 0        0        0 May 31 19:00 phoenix.txt
    -r--r--r--   1 0        0        0 May 31 19:00 shutdown.txt
    It looks like maybe something in the parsing of the top level listing made MovieLoader unhappy, and it issued a QUIT and bailed. I can use several different ftp programs to get the top level listing, cd into the tmf directory, do a listing, start fxp, etc., so it appears that generally mfs_ftp is working correctly. Any ideas?

Sounds like your MovieLoader.properties is wrong.

You should be using an ftp url of
    Code:
    ftp://myhd
    or
    Code:
    ftp://myhd:3105/tmf
    -- gfb107

Question

I finally got Movieloader to work on my HR10-250, however I have issues sometimes when i try to play movies it goes Welcome powering up. I used the patch instructions from http://www.dvrpedia.com/MFS_FTP I tried this on two HR10's. Is this a common problem or? It seems like if i watch the program while it loads it seems to do ok, but if i just let it download, shows duration 0:00 a full time line of how long. then blip welcome powering up.
    Last edited by dt1401; 09-10-2007 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dt1401 View Post
    I finally got Movieloader to work on my HR10-250, however I have issues sometimes when i try to play movies it goes Welcome powering up ... Is this a common problem...duration 0:00 a full time line of how long. then blip welcome powering up.
    Happens to me a lot, maybe as many as 10% of files, whether uploaded via Movieloader or directly using mfs_ftp.tcl. The 0:00 length actually happens _all_ of the time.

The problem occurs lots less if I upload tmf files rather than ty's or ty+'s.

It's because you and I are stupid. Over the years that I have asked about the problem, everyone says they do not have the problem.

I have tried all combinations and variations of patches, etc. and extensive modifications of my own to mfs_ftp.tcl. I have a few of my own patches that seem to solve the problem with some few specific files, but ONLY with those specific files and not 100% repeatable even then.

I believe you and I are the only users in the world having this problem.

EDITED TO ADD: As for the rebooting (as opposed to the 0:00 length and some other less than draconian issues), this is caused by _fewer_ than 10% of the files and there is clearly some defect or characteristic(s) of the files themselves, at least in my occurances, which again are unique to me since nobody else is having trouble.
    Last edited by Roger Dylan; 09-10-2007 at 05:53 AM.

Problems after upload completes

Quote Originally Posted by dt1401 View Post
    I finally got Movieloader to work on my HR10-250, however I have issues sometimes when i try to play movies it goes Welcome powering up. I used the patch instructions from http://www.dvrpedia.com/MFS_FTP I tried this on two HR10's. Is this a common problem or? It seems like if i watch the program while it loads it seems to do ok, but if i just let it download, shows duration 0:00 a full time line of how long. then blip welcome powering up.
    If your hr10 is at 6.3x then you might want to follow this look at this: http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=518

Quote Originally Posted by gfb107 View Post
    Sounds like your MovieLoader.properties is wrong.

You should be using an ftp url of
    Code:
    ftp://myhd
    or
    Code:
    ftp://myhd:3105/tmf
    That solved it, thanks. What threw me off is that about 10% of the time it work, first indexing the tmf directory and then doing the ty directory. Since it wasn't deterministic, a problem with the properties file never occurred to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dylan View Post
    Happens to me a lot, maybe as many as 10% of files, whether uploaded via Movieloader or directly using mfs_ftp.tcl. The 0:00 length actually happens _all_ of the time.

The problem occurs lots less if I upload tmf files rather than ty's or ty+'s.

It's because you and I are stupid. Over the years that I have asked about the problem, everyone says they do not have the problem.

I have tried all combinations and variations of patches, etc. and extensive modifications of my own to mfs_ftp.tcl. I have a few of my own patches that seem to solve the problem with some few specific files, but ONLY with those specific files and not 100% repeatable even then.

I believe you and I are the only users in the world having this problem.

EDITED TO ADD: As for the rebooting (as opposed to the 0:00 length and some other less than draconian issues), this is caused by _fewer_ than 10% of the files and there is clearly some defect or characteristic(s) of the files themselves, at least in my occurances, which again are unique to me since nobody else is having trouble.
    Thank you, I tried using ftp to transfer tmf file to my comp then uploaded via tmf, worked great. I was using ty format. Now I just need to figure out how to get the properties thing to work.

# in Title

Was the error caused by a "#" in the title ever fixed?

Yes, it is fixed in v0.11g
    -- gfb107